Notices

Writers' Guild

A community for writers of all genres to hone our craft, with monthly exercises, challenges, and collaborative writing. Open to anyone who enjoys writing!

Junes of distress

Junes of distress

Panic thread are go.

So here her's my problem. I've got Drugs and Fear and I want to do both. The idea I'm going for is fear of not having the drug. This is for two reasons when it comes to drugs, fear from your lack of performance, fear of withdraw. What I've come up with is a drug that suspends sleep and the character is afraid of going to sleep. However, I can't think of an angle that hasn't already been done. I was also thinking of bringing back the Under Dog power pill; fear of not having it and not being super when you need to be. But again, all those angles have been covered, I need something fresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocide Device View Post
So here her's my problem. I've got Drugs and Fear and I want to do both. ..... But again, all those angles have been covered, I need something fresh.
Fear of not being able to return to your regular life when you want to? Fear of not being able to use your powers correctly, not being able to make the right choices, not being able to pick the 'bad guy' out of the crowd? Fear of being discovered and having your family/loved ones exposed? Fear of not being afraid enough, taking chances, being reckless? All of the above? Maybe the pill actually makes him/her a 'bundle of nerves', schizophrenic, and he/she has to learn to defeat all of these before he can succeed?

I kinda got an idea... The drug suppresses his fear but damages his focus.

I want to know why I can only manage to write creepy stories when I really want to write straight fantasy?

gah!

And they're short. Very short. bleh.