Notices


Non Sequitur

A place for light-hearted forum games and other threads that don't promote discussion.


What do YOU want to play?

   
Yeah.. .but someone who can change at will, and without the curse (well I really don't know if they are cursed here, like the popular mith) and not a wolf... I like wolves, but they're the classic shapeshifter, so I wanted to try something different and I'm a very big fan of cats

Maika, if you want at-will shapeshifting, there's always the Shapeshift druid; it's an alternate class feature from PHB II that replaces Wild Shape.

There's also something that's NOT DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS. It's not the only system out there, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raveled View Post
There's also something that's NOT DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS. It's not the only system out there, after all.
Since Maika mentioned psionics in her first post, I assumed she was thinking in D&D terms - and admittedly, I mostly play the same, so that's where my mind goes as well - but you're right. M&M would work great for shapeshifting, and I'm sure tons of other systems would too.

I am a big fan of the Hero System. It is designed to open ended. It can use any genre and you can go anywhere with it. I have a hero game going with it and my boyfriend has a Naruto-based game with it. Plus you can completely customize everything about your character. The only bad part is the combat system is a little clunky in real life, but I think here it would work out quite well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp_Claw View Post
Since Maika mentioned psionics in her first post, I assumed she was thinking in D&D terms - and admittedly, I mostly play the same, so that's where my mind goes as well - but you're right. M&M would work great for shapeshifting, and I'm sure tons of other systems would too.
Yeah... I was thinking in D&D, mostly 'cause is the olny systme that I know that allows that. In WoD the're lycans, but I don't know if there's any other kind of shapeshifters. Also D&D is the system I play the most, I still don't know a GOOD WoD GM, XD

There were other weres in second edition WoD. Sharks, bears, rats, spiders, crows, and a whole list of cats.

Werewolf was the first NWoD book I ever bought and I have never played it. I really want to I have just never had the opportunity to do it.

thought of a decent way to reproduce a full were in 4e within rules

Shifter with the druid multiclass feat for Wild Shape at will and then take some powers for beast-form.

Only problem is the inability to take a small-animal shape like a rat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maika View Post
Yeah... I was thinking in D&D, mostly 'cause is the olny systme that I know that allows that. In WoD the're lycans, but I don't know if there's any other kind of shapeshifters. Also D&D is the system I play the most, I still don't know a GOOD WoD GM, XD
other shapeshifters in WoD, well changelings are somewhat, but they are odd.

But in DnD, there are lycans for all kinds of animals. but as for without the curse... i can't think of any off the top of my head. I can think of a lot of anthropomorphic stuff but no lycan-like things.




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status