Writers' Guild

A community for writers of all genres to hone our craft, with monthly exercises, challenges, and collaborative writing. Open to anyone who enjoys writing!

June progress reports

I've gotten a start. Don't know what the word count is, I keep getting interrupted and lose track. I get to ten, then take off my shoes and bend each toe up every ten. When I get to 100, I start again, but sometimes I don't write it down.

It's about fear and drugs, and a seeming epidemic of fear. People all over have to take antidepressents, doled out by some strange doctors...hmmm...

Haha, you can do it, Geno. Technically, I'd like to do April, May and June but... we'll see. Space, Pharmaceutics/Fear and Love. Hmmm... something's bound to come up. Preferably with plastic duckies.

2974 words, counting, and wrapping things up.

3212 words and done.

Sent to a publisher.

You are aware that, even where I am at GMT+9, it's still only 5pm on June 3rd. You could have taken a couple more hours to edit that, or look it over, or what not. I mean. You could have even taken up to 655 more hours, actually.

But hey. Good job! I hope it's a hit with the publishers. Where did you send it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrz View Post
You are aware that, even where I am at GMT+9, it's still only 5pm on June 3rd. You could have taken a couple more hours to edit that, or look it over, or what not. I mean. You could have even taken up to 655 more hours, actually.
I could, but I didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrz View Post
But hey. Good job! I hope it's a hit with the publishers. Where did you send it?
Weird Tales, not sure if it's the sort of thing they want, but it's mostly not to let it gather dust until I can send it to Clarkesworld, which has a waiting period after rejections (and a much longer waiting period after acceptance.)

That was fast. Here I wrote 2100 words last night and thought, Maybe I'll finish early this month. I don't think it's going to be that early.

Got mine done - a little ditty about fear and pills (somehow they just go together so nicely). Anyone looking for a quick 3K read, and would like to check it out for me, PM or Gmail me. Anyone who's spent a few minutes in Milwaukee might find it a little interesting, too. Or, with an alien.

First draft of my short story is done and just over 5000 words, too. Now to edit it down to something more readable.