GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

Ask a Question Get an Answer!

@Aexicas:

@Paradox:

Hey guys, I'm DM'ing IRL right now and as a challenge to themselves all three of the players in the campaign I'm running are Swordmages. Now, I'm a pretty fair guy but I'm planning a brutal ending (a 4 day, 100+ enemy, siege ending in a final encounter with the villain). Just to give them a bit of a level playing field I'm thinking about creating an exclusive homebrew skill for each one of them that they'll have to do a bit of minor but difficult questing to do. By the time they actually get these quests done they're going to be level ~27-28, but being the evil bastard I am they won't actually be able to use them until the finale.

Here's the basics of their characters and the skill I want to give them, can you guys let me know how to improve?

Hello.

I have a completely from-scratch homebrew rules system (with accompanying campaign setting) that I want to archive in the wiki and discuss on the boards. Is this the forum where something like that would go? Also, if this is the right place, how do I get one of those handy subforums?

TheEpicNecropath:

Has anybody played with the new Smallville RPG from Margaret Weiss games? It looks like a very interesting take on narrative-style games, and I'm curious to know other folks' impressions/experiences with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomalak View Post
Has anybody played with the new Smallville RPG from Margaret Weiss games? It looks like a very interesting take on narrative-style games, and I'm curious to know other folks' impressions/experiences with it.
This would be better off as a topic in the Gaming Discussion forum. This thread is supposed to be for quick question/answers... although you wouldn't know it based upon the current one-eye debate. That should probably become its own thread as well.

Thank you. If anyone is interested, the post is here.

Is it insane to want to run two games at once? I've got two campaign settings I'm dying to breathe life into, and they just won't leave me alone.

I'm running eight games at once. Then again, most of my players think I'm crazy. It depends on whether you can realistically keep up with posting on both and maintain interest. Better to run one good one than have two peter out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irving View Post
Is it insane to want to run two games at once? I've got two campaign settings I'm dying to breathe life into, and they just won't leave me alone.
My advice is to pick one and get it started. When it's running smoothly, then decide if you have time for the other one - I'm doing that myself. Running two at once seems feasible, especially if the systems are player-focused more than GM focused, but starting two at once may be more trouble than it seems.

Best of luck to you!