GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

Ask a Question Get an Answer!

Muggie said it well. Sometimes you don't go after the players directly. Many times, you can do more damage by going after what they rely on. And the game world should work just as the real world. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Some say charma. Some call it backlashes. It's the concept of rewards for smart decisions, and hell to pay for bad ones

Quote:
When a Published Module says I award the party XP for completing a Story part (Like for example, 1200 XP) It doesn't say whether each character gets that or that gets divided up among the players like in an encounter. Which is it?
You always divide this between the players

Does having darkvision effectively mean that you also have Low-Light vision? I've been assuming it does since it makes sense logically, but I'd like to make sure.

No, it doesn't. Otherwise, dragons wouldn't have the following specification:

Quote:
Keen Senses (Ex)
A dragon sees four times as well as a human in shadowy illumination and twice as well in normal light. It also has darkvision out to 120 feet.
However, I'd rule that shadows within the range of a creature's darkvision don't hamper it enough to grant concealment to anything. Colors would still be affected, though, so your vision would be like a color TV with the more distant areas in the scene remaining in black-and-white. This could be very important when you have to shoot a particular-colored target or risk triggering a trap, for instance.

Alternatively, one could say their vision has two 'modes', one operating well in darkness, one operating well in light, but both failing in dusk. Like the dragon in Reign of Fire.

For Psionics, does the Expanded Knowledge feat allow you to exceed the number of 'Powers Known' listed for the class? (I.E. have 37 powers at level 20, 36 from max class and +1 from the feat.) The rules are quite vague here from EPH.

Also, is it possible to unlearn a power other than using Apopsi on yourself (Which I'm unsure can even target the caster), in order to learn new powers? Apopsi deletes a random number of random powers of a specified level from the subject, and as far as I can tell you don't get to replace them with anything (Possibly after leveling again? The rules don't say...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Dusk View Post
For Psionics, does the Expanded Knowledge feat allow you to exceed the number of 'Powers Known' listed for the class? (I.E. have 37 powers at level 20, 36 from max class and +1 from the feat.) The rules are quite vague here from EPH.
Yes.

Quote:
Also, is it possible to unlearn a power other than using Apopsi on yourself (Which I'm unsure can even target the caster), in order to learn new powers? Apopsi deletes a random number of random powers of a specified level from the subject, and as far as I can tell you don't get to replace them with anything (Possibly after leveling again? The rules don't say...).
Not to my knowledge.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/po...eformation.htm

"The subject can also choose to forget powers it acquired when advancing to its current level, replacing them with new ones. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikul View Post
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/po...eformation.htm

"The subject can also choose to forget powers it acquired when advancing to its current level, replacing them with new ones. "
Sorry, one last thing. It looks like this can't target the caster. Is that correct?

Quote:
Sorry, one last thing. It looks like this can't target the caster. Is that correct?
Why do you think that? If the Subject is also the Manifester he pays all of the XP cost.