Introductions

Newcomers, don't be shy, come and introduce yourself! Our members will be delighted to bring you into the fold.

Harbringer of Dooooooooom! doom.

Harbringer of Dooooooooom! doom.

Behold! I, the harbinger of doom, has (have?) arrived!

OK, not really. I just like being grandiose.

Well lets see, quick intro. I'm living in Texas. I'm a long time dnd player and DM (been DM-ing for 8 of 14 years playing dnd). Since i moved to Texas, Ive had quite a difficult time finding a solid group to play with, so i figured id try something new!

I'm looking into making my first "story arc" here in the next day or so. So keep you eyes open ^_^

Welcome to the Weave

What is a "story arc" to which you refer. Can you be a bit more specific so I can get you off in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Welcome to the Weave

What is a "story arc" to which you refer. Can you be a bit more specific so I can get you off in the right direction.
Shure!

I personaly prefer to use "story arc" rather than campeign, becaus i feel that adventures should be more like episodes in the life of a character, or have something of a feel like a book. Beginning, plot, plot, climax, satisfactory ending (or not, depending on the story), and then begin again. I find that, as a dm, i have succeded, if i can get the player to have an attachment to the character they are playing.

From my experiences, i find that just going through and adventure and then discarding a character, makes some games feel empty, boring, or pointless. Also, I prefer roleplay driven story, versus combat driven (even tho its unavoidable sometimes), so, its meshes with my view on "story arc's.

It gives my DM style something of an episodic feel to it.

does that help?

You’d be wise to try your hand at applying to and hopefully playing a few games before jumping into the GM chair here. I don’t say that to discourage you. It’s just that every PbP site on the web is different with its own peculiarities and you really ought to learn them first. No one can tell you…

It gives you the best shot at having and creating fun. There are games like you describe and many other varieties too. The game advertisements and game planning forums are you new home for a few days to find them.

Welcome to the site and great gaming. Have a good time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milambrios View Post
does that help?
Aye, so just a game then.

I was thinking maybe it was a game with a large homebrew world, in which case I was going to point you in the direction of the wiki to create the documentation for your world before you created the game forum. As it is sounds like you'll be fine with a simple forum, if you want to use the wiki there are already some examples in there and a brief set of instructions I wrote on how GMs can add their game world to the wiki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Aye, so just a game then.

I was thinking maybe it was a game with a large homebrew world, in which case I was going to point you in the direction of the wiki to create the documentation for your world before you created the game forum. As it is sounds like you'll be fine with a simple forum, if you want to use the wiki there are already some examples in there and a brief set of instructions I wrote on how GMs can add their game world to the wiki.
Actualy, i do rather have a homebrew world. 6 years in the making. Ive been reading up on the wiki site so, im still working out how to convert for you guys. Im rather starting to think im going to have to super simplify. I dont plan on running a game for a while, untill i feel im comfortable with the rules, or common practices ^_^