Non Sequitur

A place for light-hearted forum games and other threads that don't promote discussion.

Most awesome tank pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirocco View Post
There is a reason that won't really work... same as this one!
Actually surprised it did work for a minute or two...
If you just want things with tracks, try a
snowmobile...

roflmao

Yes a very nice tank indeed.

Getting us back on topic for 5 minutes, here's a battle some may not know of.

Valley of Tears, 1973, Yum Kippur War

And a montage of one of the greats

The Tiger!

^Death of US General Rose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
...On March 30, 1945, a few miles south of the city of Paderborn in a rural forest area, General Rose rounded a corner in his jeep and found himself surrounded by several German tanks. As he drew his pistol, a young German tank commander shot the General. Rose is buried in ABMC Netherlands American Cemetery, Margraten, Netherlands.

Rose was the highest-ranking American killed by enemy fire in the European Theater of Operations during the war. (Lieutenant General Lesley J. McNair was killed by friendly fire in Normandy in July 1944.)

^Wrecked tiger, somewhere in France

^A Tiger in Italy

^Restored Tiger 1 tank, today, with anti-magnetic mine coating on the hull surfaces. Curiously absent are the interleaved running gear of war-period Tigers...

Best tank? The one that wins wars, and has lots of buddies, the T-34

Seriously though, If I was going to jump in a tank today, I'd want mine to have Force-Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirocco View Post

^Restored Tiger 1 tank, today, with anti-magnetic mine coating on the hull surfaces. Curiously absent are the interleaved running gear of war-period Tigers...
That would be because that is not a Tiger, but the fairly convincing mock-up on a T-34 chassis used for the film Saving Private Ryan.

The strangest armoured fighting vehicle i've ever heard of: KUGELPANZER!

It's open to debate what the heck it was for. I'm guessing reconaisance, but god only knows now.

Just to show the Germans weren't the only nutcases around, some drunk Texan came up with one too... being american, he had to design his to be bigger.
(Also being american, he never built it - unlike zee Germans. Who is craziest?)