Notices

Mynd's Eye - Rerecruiting

Old Jun 30 '09, 3:14pm
Great Wyrm

Mynd's Eye - Rerecruiting

Mynd's Eye - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 42

Mynd's Eye is rerecruiting, if you couldn't gleam that from the title.

Right then, down to business. Mynd's Eye, if you didn't see the original game ad, is a homebrew game made of my homebrew, your homebrew, and that shady guy down the street's homebrew. Err....maybe not his. If you show it, I will take it, unless I deem it broken (The old thread, located here, had several such instances)

GM/DM: Me, myself, and (possibly) I
Books Allowed: All. As long as you specify where the things came from. In rare cases, I will disallow things.

Stat Generation: 7m4d6v1 or 36 point buy. If you choose dice, you take the best 6 of the 7 rolls. You may only switch to 36 point if your bonuses are less than +4, or none are higher than 13. I will not accept rolls made in this thread. You will find the rolls thread here.
Level: 1
Hp: Max
Gold: 100
Traits: Up to two
Flaws: Up to one

There are not 42 spots. If you apply, you probably will be accepted, unless your spelling/use of the shift key/etc. is horrendous. I do not want to see posts in chatspeak or 1337speak, S.V.P.

Questions?

Game Description:

A world where anything can happen. This fledgling world is not like those other worlds. It toes the line, steps over it, and does a damn pole vault over it too. Welcome, the land of homebrew awaits.

Last edited by Roi; Jun 30 '09 at 10:48pm..
You know, you are absolutely right. They do kind of look the same. Hmm...I wonder if he'll be putting us in the same group.

@esot & lilbabe- go right ahead and post your actions, whatever they may be, in the group #3 thread.
I'm not forcing anybody into groups; should you wish to form a group, you may, and you can split apart whenever you wish, interacting with players who joined previously, should you wish to do that.

Are you familiar with Ghostwalk? There's something I've been wanting to toy with for a while... There's a Ghost feat-chain (the Poltergeist chain) that gives the Sustained Force and Violent Thrust effects of Telekinesis at will (you take some CHA damage for using Violent Thrust though) for 4 feats. Would you allow a fifth (this one being homebrew of course) that grants the Combat Maneuver effect as well, and ties it into a nice SU Telekinesis package (with or without the CHA damage)? Also, would you let the Strongheart Vest (soulmeld) from Magic of Incarnum to prevent the ability damage from Ghost feats while still allowing them to use the ability that inflicts it?

Also, what are your policies regarding Ghostwalk ghosts and their base classes? Are they permanently manifest, enforcing the "level in ghost classes > level in other classes = DOOM" rule ect. ?

Sorry for the question dump, I had an idea for a character that I wanted to try and thought that this might be the place for it.

Though I have ghostwalk, I have not touched it for quite a while. Let me get back to you on these.

The first two adjustments, I'd have to say no to, although I would allow ghost levels to exceed class levels.

Dang, can't use Poltergeist feats to qualify for Master of the Unseen Hand (CWarrior) then. Back to the drawing board.

I'd go regular Ghost template, but I dislike level adjustments (especially ones as high as +5) due to the low HP/Saves making the character close to unplayable... Then again I suppose that TK is fairly powerful, even if CL is limited by ECL...

Any ideas/recommendation on what would be workable?

Not really. Like I said, I haven't had a good look at Ghostwalk for a while, and never utilized it much.

@makahl- still need a sheet from you

I believe I placed an url of my sheet in my game application. If that's not the case sorry, will give you one n.o.p.e.s.