Notices

Mynd's Eye - Rerecruiting

Old Jun 30 '09, 3:14pm
Great Wyrm

Mynd's Eye - Rerecruiting

Mynd's Eye - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 42

Mynd's Eye is rerecruiting, if you couldn't gleam that from the title.

Right then, down to business. Mynd's Eye, if you didn't see the original game ad, is a homebrew game made of my homebrew, your homebrew, and that shady guy down the street's homebrew. Err....maybe not his. If you show it, I will take it, unless I deem it broken (The old thread, located here, had several such instances)

GM/DM: Me, myself, and (possibly) I
Books Allowed: All. As long as you specify where the things came from. In rare cases, I will disallow things.

Stat Generation: 7m4d6v1 or 36 point buy. If you choose dice, you take the best 6 of the 7 rolls. You may only switch to 36 point if your bonuses are less than +4, or none are higher than 13. I will not accept rolls made in this thread. You will find the rolls thread here.
Level: 1
Hp: Max
Gold: 100
Traits: Up to two
Flaws: Up to one

There are not 42 spots. If you apply, you probably will be accepted, unless your spelling/use of the shift key/etc. is horrendous. I do not want to see posts in chatspeak or 1337speak, S.V.P.

Questions?

Game Description:

A world where anything can happen. This fledgling world is not like those other worlds. It toes the line, steps over it, and does a damn pole vault over it too. Welcome, the land of homebrew awaits.

Last edited by Roi; Jun 30 '09 at 10:48pm..
Name: Doraena Sin'Serrar
Race: Human
Class: Cloistered Cleric
Alignment: Lawful Good

Looks good. Get a sheet, then head over.

Name: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=143928 (I know she's not finished yet. I'm working on it, and hope to finish by Tuesday evening).
Race: Human
Class: Rogue (Aiming at Infiltration type specialties)
Alignment: CG

Description: She's got straight red hair that ends several inches below her shoulders, and friendly green eyes. Her wealthy background leaves her a little curvier than most women her age, and she takes advantage of it. However, even in the hottest climes and months, she's never without long sleeves because her biggest distinguishing feature is the jagged scar that runs from her elbow to the back of her wrist. She's short at 5' 3". She's usually dressed in blue, green, or black. (There is a picture and I'm working on editing it, hopefully that'll be up by my Saturday afternoon). Dresses are usual for her, but she owns several pairs of leggings and trousers, and has passed as a male on occasion while taping her chest down.

Background: She's the seventh child of a prosperous merchant, which means she's got little to no dowry coming to her. Rather than settle down she's decided to set her sights on going into information gathering and ... extra-curricular activities.

Personality: When she's being herself, she's caustic and sarcastic. However, she rarely actually is being herself. She usually has a sweet personality turned on to try to get people to trust her with their secrets. She's loyal to the death, unless you break loyalty first. At which point you cease to exist for her, and if you do it again then she gets very mad.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=149646

Name: Mordal Torunn
Race: Dwarf
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Class: Barbarian, City Brawler variant
Description: A dingy, poorly groomed dwarf wearing even dingier clothes and smelling of ale. He is 3' 11" and weighs 139lbs, his hair is black and is balding even though he is young as far as dwarves go. He appears very stong and sullen as he stares into his mug with a faded family crest on it.
Background: The Torunn clan was once a clan of great brewers and followers of Hanseath the dwarven diety of strength and ale, but when a dwarven noble was poisoned to death while drinking their ale the honor and creadability of the clan was lost and they quickly went out of business with their family honor in pieces. Mordal has vowed to reclaim his clan's lost honor and prevent honest workers from losing their livelyhood.
Personality: A brewer who enjoys a good ale along with a good barfight. He utilizes his anger, but knows how to keep himself from going too far... if only he could do that with his drink. He can't stand to hear about honest people suffering at the cruel hands of poverty and provides as much business as he can to people. He rarely keeps what he buys doing this though, prefering to donate it elsewhere.

the character is a dwarf with a variant of barbarian that trades all but light armor and simple weapons for improved unarmed strike and two-weapon fighting progression that can only be used with unarmed strike as bonus feats. the variant is in the crystalkeep index of base classes. I also wanted to add the fearsome gaze variant seeing as it helps intimidate by making it a str check instead of cha and only weakens trap sense a little bit and takes away indomitable will

the character took the innanentive flaw at 1st lvl (-4 to listen and spot) to be able to take the prerequisite for and the feat Vow of Poverty from book of exalted deeds at first level so I don't lose the first bonus feat

the eventual plan is to be able to take complete warrior's version of drunken master (waiving the flurry prereq because of the two weapon fighting "pseudo flurry" and he evasion prereq because of uncanny dodge) there's where the dm approval would have to take place. he would use his rage, unarmed strike, improved improvised weapons, and drink like a demon to fight

Still getting recruits?
*jawdrop*

Anyways, head on over. You'll want to fluff up the Description, Personality, & Background a little, but apart from that, it looks good.

Wait, wait, wait. You get 1 flaw. Not 3. 1.

Vow of poverty from BOED gives a first level exalted bonus feat (to make up for the prerequisite feat for humans who start with the feat at first level using their bonus feat.) That is where the extra feat is coming from.

Well, under the flaws section of the sheet, you've got:
Irritable
Not well spoken
Hardheaded
(None of which, I might add are WotC flaws, so if I could have a source to give them a look, that'd be great.)

no no no no no, those are personality flaws that describe the character just like character traits they have no statistical affect on the character it's just a way for people unfamiliar with the character to figure bits of him out of character.

My actual "flaw" flaw is listed under feats

Oh....kay then.
Then yeah, you should be good. Just remember to add a bit to the fluff.