Shadowrun 4th(Wet Workers - Replacements)

Old Jul 1 '09, 12:35pm
Great Wyrm

Shadowrun 4th(Wet Workers - Replacements)

Wet Workers - Forum
Shadowrun
Estimated Members Requested: 1

Wet Workers - Forum

Estimated Members Requested: 3 (This is the real number)

World
Seattle 2070 is a dangerous world. It is also amazing diverse. Just like Shadowrunning. It takes all kinds to make things work out. Stealthy ninja. Hackers. Politicians. Lawyers. Terrorists.

Often runners will turn their nose up at jobs beneath them or which are 'unprofessional'. One class of jobs the snobby runners often reject is Wet Work. Jobs where the point is to make sure someone dies. Jobs where you don't need to be subtle or go undetected. Jobs where you want to send a clear message... written in blood.

These are the stories of those messengers... the wet workers.

House Rules
We will use a couple house rules during game play. I'll be giving out more karma than is described in the core book as the PBP format is very slow. I have rules for IC acquisition of legal items(which seems to be missing from the core rule)... specifically how long it takes. In addition, I've been told my interpretation of the matrix rules are such that it isn't as powerful as other interpretations(just as a warning).

This game will be combat/action heavy. All the same, we'll need people to fill traditional roles on occasion(face, hacker, healer, driver, etc). These will often be in addition to their role in combat.

Character Applications
  • I expect complete characters(including background, contact descriptions, etc).
  • Books : Core, Runner Haven, Street Magic, Arsenal, Augmentation, Unwired
  • Roles : Indicate what role your character will fulfill.
  • Standard 400 BP. Please indicate how you distributed and spent your points in your application.
    Please follow availability limits.
  • The players will know each other at game start from a previous run together. So... plan on having been in Seattle for at least a month.
  • Use knowledge skills to add flavor to your character. Use them to expand and flush out who your character is. Knowledge skill unrelated to combat/weapons/magic/hacking/computers will cost half price. This is to get people to spend points on skills unlikely to be used but which help add personality.
  • Include personality traits and favorite catch phrases in your application.
Questions
A game with just 3 runners? - We have three runners already recruited and in place. This recruitment is to augment that existing team of runners(Troll Street Doc, Human Mage/Face, Human Stealthy Assassin/Ninja). Previous Recruiting Thread
Ask!

Game Description:

Seattle 2070 is a dangerous world. It is also amazing diverse. Just like Shadowrunning. It takes all kinds to make things work out. Stealthy ninja. Hackers. Politicians. Lawyers. Terrorists.

Often runners will turn their nose up at jobs beneath them or which are 'unprofessional'. One class of jobs the snobby runners often reject is Wet Work. Jobs where the point is to make sure someone dies. Jobs where you don't need to be subtle or go undetected. Jobs where you want to send a clear message... written in blood.

These are the stories of those messengers... the wet workers.

I would like to introduce Krunk, troll Street Samurai. He is good at two things, starting things and finishing things and usually in both cases with lots of barking from his little friends. Subtle he is not, effective well that is for you to decide. Need a clear message sent, consider him the FedEx of clear messages.

Classic.

Don't forget to provide a character sheet, personality/etc when you get that far.

This looks rather interesting.

One quick question, though: Would you consider this moderately newbie-friendly?

If so, then I'm going to try creating a stealthy demolitions expert.

Heya. I'm an old friend of Rat, so I'm poking my head about in interest. I'll poke around the books over the weekend, but I'm thinking about some manner of..uh...former insurgent type / wheel-man. I'm thinking ex IRA (or TRC..).

I read the old recruiting thread, and noticed the note on newbies. Well, I've basically designed a character. Charismatic stealthy master of blowing things up. Need to finish the background and stuff, but other than that, he's ready.

Might have background and stuff done tonight.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=136933

Jacob Telfansen, AKA Gerald Delfec, AKA Shine. All info is on the sheet.

Simply, he's one of the world's best demolitions experts. He's also a little bit crazy.

As noted in my sig, I was on vacation... but I'm back now.

D42 / RodlenJack - Newbies are perfectly fine. We can set up another thread for training stuff if needed. No problemo.

Lets see what/who we've got :
RodlenJack - Shine (Demo expert)
NokiaNine - Need sheet for Krunk, troll Street Samurai.
Creeps - Wheelman?