Notices

By Iron and Blood

Old Jul 2 '09, 10:40pm
The Author

By Iron and Blood

By Iron and Blood - Forum
Miscellaneous
Estimated Members Requested: 6

I'm going to be running a military campaign set in an alternate universe. Character, intrigue, and plot will be important, though there will be some violence as well. There will be lots of violence.

The game will start in boot camp and progress from there. Characters must be age 18, 19, or 20, as that is when mandatory service in the Iron Legion is required. Picture growing up in Germany during the early 1930's for your characters' past. Except with more totalitarianism, electronic monitoring devices, nationalistic zeal, and clockwork overseers.

The tone of the story is dark, so make sure to bring a flashlight.

I'm aiming for 5 or 6 people. Ranks, specializations, and equipment will be determined in game.

Game Description:

A story of a squad of soldiers.

Last edited by Notion; Jul 3 '09 at 1:11am..
Sounds awesome. Count me in.

Engineering does not give a starting value. I assume it is Intelligence-5.

I've only read the timeline so far, but holy crap am I interested. This sounds awesome. Character coming as soon as I've finished reading the rest of the original post. Finished.

Name: Kasimir Albrecht
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 175 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Role: Officer/Tactician/Face

Well, borrowing from Cthulhutech - "Arcanotechnology" might fit.

If it's SPECIAL, might as well go with something like my preferred Fallout character.
It's pretty similar to Demented's but my initial idea's kinda hard on my CHARISMA...

Preliminary build.

Bows hold enchantments better than mechanically operated weapons, such as guns. Less parts. Same goes for blades.

What is the situation with magic in this game? Would enchanted swords and the like be available to rank and file infantry? Is there a stat that covers magic? Is magic limited to alchemy/enchantment or do you have Talents who can throw fireballs and stuff? For that matter, is it really magic or some kind of psychic power like in WH40K?

EDIT: Also is the HP formula 5+Strength+(2*Endurance) or is it (5+Strength+2)*Endurance?

This sounds really cool. I'll throw my hat into the ring.

EDIT: Was double checking everything and realized i was missing 3 points in my attributes.

This sounds like a good team so far. Two smart guys, one officer, and one heavy weapons brick. I suppose now all we need is a sniper and a medic, right? I might switch my guy's points around to make him a better face/leader.