The Hidden Coast - Looking for more players!

Old Jul 3 '09, 2:11am
Joker

The Hidden Coast - Looking for more players!

The Hidden Coast - Forum
Pathfinder
Estimated Members Requested: 2

The Hidden Coast was a game I started a while back mostly for the purpose of me gaining some exp as a PBP DM. I'm mostly just running prepublished adventures, modified to suit my whims. The game started off with the player characters meeting in a dungeon in the middle of a storm and they were supposed to go on many adventures together.

Unfortunately, the game dragged and they're just now out of the dungeon, headed for town. Of the 4 original players, only 1 still remains active in the game. He and another player that joined later are looking for more people to adventure with! That's where you come in!

What I am looking for: 2 to 3 more players to join up with the group as they head into the nearby settlement on their way to the east across the desert.

Dedicated rogue or spellcaster types are encouraged, as the party doesn't really have either. But what I'm really looking for is players that are a) able to post regularly, and b) able to communicate with me if something comes up, if they have an issue with something in the game, or with me, etc.

Character creation:

Sources: Mostly core only, but also open to most things found on d20srd.org (If you're not sure, ask!)
Level: 1
Hit Points: Max at first level
Gold: 100 gp
Races: Generally no monstrous races, unless you really have to play one. Use your own judgement.
Alignment: If you have to ask, "should I play this character?" then you probably shouldn't!
Stats: 30 point buy.

Also, be sure to add a little bit about personality, background, etc. I want a specific goal or two for each character to include in the game.

I'm really not sure what else to say, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask them!

Game Description:

Far to the west, across the Dry Sea, lies "civilization," the Western Kingdoms; a land of constant warring and strife. Over the years, many have braved the journey to the east to begin life anew in the Hidden Coast. The Hidden Coast - a land covered in fog and long shrouded in mystery. Sheltered from the western kingdoms by the hostile Dry Sea and the imposing peaks of the Windswept Mountains, the Hidden Coast is land said to be untamed and uncivilized. To the south lie the jungles and secluded city states of the Three Seas. To the north, tale has been spread far and wide of a harsh and inhospitable land at the peak of the world and the wild barbarians who live there.

But the Hidden Coast is not so different from other places. Here, farmers and villagers live out their lives in small, isolated towns and communities. Merchants travel the roads, rivers, and coasts, ever wary of bandits, pirates, and monsters.

Last edited by dystmesis; Jul 3 '09 at 5:06am..
Name: Mason Osric Freeman
Race: Aasimar(lesser)
Class: Cleric of Pelor
Alignment: Neutral Good
Description: Mace stands five feet, seven inches and weighs approximately one-hundred and fifty pounds. He has short, blond hair with blue eyes. Mace wears a white long shirt over his traveling clothes.
Background: Born to a poverty stricken family, Mason was given to the nearby church of Pelor because his parents could not afford him. The church graciaous accept the boy and raised him into a man of strong faith. When it was discovered that the boy was actually an aasimar, the priest took it as a good omen that the boy had a celestial heritage and gave him the training necessary to carry out the teachings of Pelor.
Personality: Mace is a very strong willed man, and he wants to bring the light where it is needed in the world. He tries to help people where he can, but he knows his limits and that the world is a dangerous place. He knows that at times in order to continue to do good work one must survive so he never overextends himself while trying to help the underprivileged, and believes that if people are able heal naturally, then the scars will prove to be a reminder of what not to do. If there are hurt people he will heal them a bit to ease pain but then let the body heal itself.

I hope that the lesser Aasimar is an ok race the lesser part makes it a humanoid instead of an outsider and is found in the Player's Guide to Faerun on page 191. if you won't accept this I understand and thank you for the opportunity to apply. I intend to take this character into the Radiant Servant of Pelor at fifth level if you'll allow it, but I don't have to.

Interested! I'll post a rogue or a sorcerer in a bit.

EDIT: Just a quick question: I know you are advocating core only and anything on d20srd, but I'd love to try my hand at a Whisper Gnome rogue (Races of Stone). Any chance we can work something out?

Otherwise, expect a halfling or human rogue later today or tomorrow.

Alright, thanks for the update. I'll put up an application for a human or halfling rogue either today or tomorrow.

Name: Elyan Peradur
Race: Human
Class: Rogue
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Background: As far as Elyan knows, he’s never had a family. Well, at least not in the typical sense of the word. At just four years old he was picking pockets and snatching food to survive on the streets of Thornsin. Luckily for him, before the local militia could intervene the thieves’ guild spotted a talented young recruit they could use. After taking him in, the thieves’ guild was Elyan’s family. He grew up knowing that they would always protect him, so long as he kept bringing in a healthy amount of gold. As far as Elyan was concerned, life was good. There were plenty of pockets to pick, people to scam, and gold pieces to be had; Elyan had everything. And that’s exactly what he lost. Everything.

When the kingdom of Erranor sent it’s armies on a ‘peacekeeping’ mission to sack Thornsin, chaos prevailed. With almost no warning, the streets filled with people. As Elyan ran, he could hear men, women, and children screaming. The crackle of fire soon elevated to a roar; the city was burning. Elyan ran just as far and as fast as he could. He ran until there was nobody left next to him. With nothing left but his own abilities, Elyan made his way from town to town, living off of other people’s stupidity. When rumor reached him of a better life out east, past the dry sea, he pulled his cloak tighter around him, and started walking.

Description: Standing at five feet, nine inches, Elyan's tan skin is usually hidden beneath a dark cloak and gloves. When he removes the cloak's hood, dark hair and eyes come into view. Elyan’s thin, 105 pound frame fits his sneaky but intellectual lifestyle perfectly.

Personality: Elyan is quick to laugh and joke, despite his past. Although carefully suspicious of anyone new, he’ll usually veil his discomfort by trying to laugh it off. This habit of laughing rather than withdrawing is true for Elyan even in the worst situations. Perhaps the best example of this occurred one night when Elyan and his fellow guild member Tral had been trying to rip off a precious stone being displayed in the local museum. When a small band of local militiamen happened to pass by the museum on a random patrol, rather than despair, Elyan laughed at his terrible luck while keeping his wits about him. When the militiamen became enraged at his lack of respect, Elyan dodged their attacks until he could lure them into a magical trap he’d bypassed earlier, confining all of them at once and allowing him and Tral to escape with the gem unharmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaguineapig View Post
oh, good. about time you set up a recruitment thread. Sayar is rapidly getting bored of Louie's one-line answers.
I resent that. Edit: Attempted to be joking but it didn't come out that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by dystmesis View Post
Some of these are looking pretty good

When do you think we'll get an answer and start rolling our characters out?

I'm posting interest as well. I have two characters I was going to use on a different site before said site died a horrible death. Namely, a Fighter and a Dread Necromancer. If you have any interest in either, I'll post their descriptions.

Actually, here's the statblock for the Necromancer (he's level two, but I can level him down if you prefer). His life story is at the bottom in the public notes box.

The Fishmonger (Gilbert Timmons)
M LN Human Dread Necromancer, Level 2, Init +2, HP 12/12, DR 2/Blg+Magic, Speed 30
AC 12, Touch 10, Flat-footed 10, Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +4, Base Attack Bonus 1
Longbow (Arrows) +3 (1d8, x3)
Quarterstaff (-) (1d6, x2)

Abilities Str 4, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 15, Wis 12, Cha 18
Condition None