Notices

The Burning Plague

Old Jul 16 '09, 10:52am
Great Wyrm

The Burning Plague

The Burning Plague - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 6

Ready to explore the world and seek out adventure and glory, or just aching for a chance to get away from your family and stand on your own legs, you are walking with a like minded group on a picturesque road through the Serpentcoil Mountains. You are nearing Duvik’s Pass, a small town nestled within one of the few valleys that cross the highland. It has long been a waystop for travelers and adventurers seeking to rest aching limbs and drown painful memories within her gates. Moreover, you have heard rumours of the discovery of substantial silver deposits buried in the mountains nearby.

That's when you pass a cart with two occupants. They are ghastly white, thin and worn out. The passenger is hanging limply, desperately clinging onto his seat. The driver manages to sit straightish, but is coughing heavily before he addresses your adventurous gang with a raspy voice.

"Turn back! *cough* Yes, there is silver to be found, but at what price!"

The game:
I'll be running this game. I've been on Myth-Weavers for a while now, and decided to run a game of my own.

It's a short level one adventure, set in no particular setting in Dungeons and Dragons e3.5. Since it will end after the adventure, I won't bother with XP, and there will be no level up. I hope it will be a
given the PbP medium, it will still last a couple of months.
short and fun experience.

How to apply?
I'm accepting 6 players on a first come, first serve basis. You apply by going to this thread. First post only that you'll
don't post interest, only post when you're absolutely certain, because if you're one of the first 6, you're in.
join, together with what class you'll play. That way, those after you can make sure they don't all pick the same class and that there is a nice mix. After that, you've got until next Monday (July 20th) to complete your sheet. If you can't make it by then, don't
A sheet for a lvl 1 PC can't take that long
apply. Once the sheet is finished, put it in the same post in the application thread by editing it.

Don't post anything else in the application thread: all questions, and utterings about how excited you are for the game go in the OOC thread here.

Character Creation
Level 1, standard gold. 28 point buy, max hp

I'm allowing most things published by WotC, with the exception of SS, but reserve the possibility to
Not very likely
veto something that's really not right. There are some books I don't have access too, such as ToB and SC. If that's the case I'll expect you to provide all the information I need. Obviously, LA-races are impossible. I have nothing against other monstrous races, but in game, people might react differently to some of them.

I would like maximum one paragraph, not more than I provided for the adventure, of background and personality. Don't add depth which won't surface anyway, but it's nice to have a foundation to work with during RP. It may be a short one-run adventure, but playing generic fighter "One" hits-things-with-sword just isn't interesting.

You get 20 XP to scribe scrolls before the adventure if you wish to.

No flaws or traits.

Extra info
Posting rate of 1/day on weekdays. I might post a bit more, and sometimes during the weekend, but if a player doesn't post for two days, without letting me know anything, I'll
out of combat, you keep quiet and follow along. In combat, you do what makes most sense to me
gently NPC him.

Game Description:

A sickness has come unto the simple mining community of Duvik’s Pass, poisoning their wells and blighting their crops. With the pestilence leaving the strongest men of the town’s guard a few short days away from death, the burden of descending into the mines and purging the wellspring of whatever evil has settled there falls to an intrepid band of adventurers. Can these noble heroes prevail within the depths of Duvik’s Pass, or will they too fall victim to the perils of The Burning Plague?

Last edited by Bbender; Jul 16 '09 at 3:39pm..