Down Once More

   
Down Once More

The party advances cautiously into the entry chamber (room #5). The dust is thick from a month's passage, but there are kobold tracks in many places and the barricade that you erected against the north door has been moved to the side. That door is closed, but the south door has been left ajar.

Sofia shivered upon entering the entry chamber - not so much with fear as with anger. Ever since the devastating blow that had almost claimed her life, the priestess' feelings towards the mine had shifted from discomfort to hate. Whatever creature had transformed the place into this dungeon of black despair deserved to be punished.

Wyngrad moves into formation as was agreed to by the group. He has his sword and shield at the ready. He concentrated on looking forward and not back, allowing his eyes to adjust to the darkness. He'd need all the senses he could get in here.

Layna silently
spot:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6
d20 Results: 17 (Total = 23)
surveys the tracks that criss-cross the entry chamber, cataloging the number of prints, a rough estimate of their age, trying to make out as much as she can about the kobolds. She frowns slightly when she notes the partially open door to the south and walks over to
listen:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6
d20 Results: 11 (Total = 17)
listen briefly.

The kobold tracks are of varying ages. You'd guess they were made by a pair of creatures at a time, walking through the room on different days. There are no sounds coming from the adjacent corridors.

Blake

Blake tries to promise himself that no matter what, he will not panic. Self awareness creeps in around the edges and instead he resolves that he will not panic first.

"Winslow," he says to the snake, which has returned to his favorite spot (inside Blake's shirt), "You give a little squeeze if you smell something, right?"

Karn takes his place at the back of the group, stretches, and says, "Well, here we are again. Looks like they did some redecorating."

He follows the rest of them as they move out, keeping his
spot:
Dice Roll:
1d20+9
d20 Results: 4 (Total = 13)
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: 1d20+8
Original Dice: 1d20+8
eyes and
listen:
Dice Roll:
1d20+9
d20 Results: 18 (Total = 27)
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: 1d20+8
Original Dice: 1d20+8
ears out behind therm

Astaban examines the south door and, after
listen:
Dice Roll:
1d20+7
d20 Results: 17 (Total = 24)
listening for a bit, proceeds to close the southern door.

He then turns to Karn and says, "Yes, it looks like they took care of our handiwork." He grins and says, "Perhaps we should return it to its rightful spot, if we are going to follow the same path through the mines."

"Let's tether the horses," Layna says before motioning to the door on the south wall, "and barricade the south door. It shouldn't take long to sweep the few rooms to the north, since I doubt there is anything there."

"Then we can move deeper into the mine," she says, then adds with a frown, "I wish that south door had a lock, or something."

Astaban nods once at Layna's words, and moves over to the barricade and waits for others to assist him in moving it to the south door.




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Myth-Weavers Status       Advertise with us