Notices

Down Once More

"...And a roasted drake." Sofia answers in a low voice, before quaffing her own potion of darkvision.

The priestess then searches her backpack, produces her potion of energy resistance and puts it in one of her outfit's pockets - where it should be more readily available.

Wyngrad takes out his own darkvision potion and drinks it down in one gulp. It tasted foul, but he was able to keep it down...barely.

We'd better go fast, I guess, he adds nervously.

Karn holds up his potion and says, "Down the hatch!"

He drinks it in one gulp, then grimaces, shudders, and takes a few swallows from his jug.

Layna takes a potion in each hand and quickly throws one back after the other, trying to miss her palate with the deft motion. She wrinkles her nose slightly and then looks about the room uncertainly as the colors begin to shift and her skin begins to tingle. She picks up the map on the floor and rolls it up and sticks it back in the scroll tube and then returns the tube to the bag.

To Wyngrad she says, "We have six hours with these potions. If we haven't slain the dragon by then, we're probably all dead, anyway. Let's not let undue haste cost us our lives."

"Of course not," she says looking at Karn as she packs things away. "Plans have a way of taking their own direction once implemented. But so long as we all have a solid idea of what we are trying to do and trust everyone to make the best decisions, we can at least keep to the intent of the plan, if not the letter."

"So, down and then quickly check the unexplored eastern portion of the mine... and then to the kobolds," Layna says as she draws a short sword from each hip. "Shall we," she says as she walks towards the door to the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlana View Post
"Of course not," she says looking at Karn as she packs things away. "Plans have a way of taking their own direction once implemented. But so long as we all have a solid idea of what we are trying to do and trust everyone to make the best decisions, we can at least keep to the intent of the plan, if not the letter."

"So, down and then quickly check the unexplored eastern portion of the mine... and then to the kobolds," Layna says as she draws a short sword from each hip. "Shall we," she says as she walks towards the door to the room.
Karn smiles and bows, "After you"

After everyone has gulped down their potions--the darkvision one tasting bitter, the resist energy one tasting lemony sour--Layna leads the group out into the hallway and down the ramp. Blake tucks his lighted rock into his pack so it doesn't give away the party's location.

You walk down the gently sloped ramp, which starts of heading north but bends in a half circle to lead south as it levels off. Around the bend towards what the ranger had described as the manager's office, you find something a little unexpected: the door, which had one been mortared over before being broken through by Layna and Methuselah, has been crudely boarded over. There are no signs of any kobolds waiting for you here. The floor here is traveled enough that discerning individual tracks is impossible. The passage continues on to the west, sixty feet past the door, before bending south.

Astaban looks at the boarded over door and frowns. He gets up close to the door and
listen:
Dice Roll:
1d20+8
d20 Results: 16 (Total = 24)
listens for any sign of life coming from the other side.

It's all quiet, save the scurrying feet and quiet chittering of a rat. Looking closely, you can see that the nailing job is pretty slipshod; you could probably rip these boards down with your hands, but it would probably make some noise.

I wasn't going to drink my resist engery potion yet. 30 minutes goes fast.
ooc

Blake

"Whatever is back there kills kobolds, but that doesn't make it our friend. Let's keep going."