Down Once More

OOCOops. I earlier quoted the duration for resist energy in hours, vice tens of minutes. However, these are caster level 7 potions (resist 20) so they will last 70 minutes; that
By DM definition
will be more than enough for the dungeon exploration.

Astaban finishes listening, then says, "I didn't hear anything behind there. I agree with Blake, we should keep going."

OOCTPK - 70 minutes warning.

Sofia listens to Blake and nods.
"If something is killing kobolds, it could mean that the necromancer and his undead servants have been able to push further into the mine." she answers in a low voice.

If that hypothesis held, the priestess wondered what Methuselah and Sikhandyn had been doing all this time to stop the necromancer - the mission they had been trusted with. Had her companions failed? Had they been slain? Or had they decided to let the necromancer face the dragon and his minions before attacking him?

Karn, keeping a
spot:
Dice Roll:
1d20+9
d20 Results: 7 (Total = 16)
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: 1d20+8
Original Dice: 1d20+8
listen:
Dice Roll:
1d20+9
d20 Results: 9 (Total = 18)
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: 1d20+8
Original Dice: 1d20+8
look out behind says, "Right. Let's move then."

"That or they don't like the idea of having a back way into their common room," Layna says quietly. "By closing off that door, there is now only one way to get to them, and they know it. Its not like there haven't been at least three groups of humans wandering through their home in the last two months."

"Unless we want to try to remove a few boards so a small group of us can sneak around," she says in a voice just loud enough to be heard as she assesses the carpentry of the patch job, "we probably just want to move as quietly as possible to their common room and then move quickly to block the two distant doors to prevent the kobolds from running off and alerting the dragon."

Following Layna's lead, you creep around the corner and down the southward leading passage, to the point where the man-made tunnel bends east. The door to the chamber (#9), as marked on the map, is closed.

Layna
listen:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6
d20 Results: 5 (Total = 11)
listens at the door for a moment before quietly sheathing her swords and reading her bow.

Astaban
listen:
Dice Roll:
1d20+8
d20 Results: 2 (Total = 10)
adds his ears to Layna's and, while doing so,
spot:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6
d20 Results: 17 (Total = 23)
examines the door.

Layna and Astaban listen at the door for a few moments, but there is no sound from beyond. Astaban doesn't notice anything unusual about the door's construction based on his detailed inspection.