Notices

AFMBE: The Little Town of Frontal

Old Jul 28 '09, 8:08pm
Wyrm

AFMBE: The Little Town of Frontal

The Little Town of Frontal - Forum
All Flesh Must Be Eaten
Estimated Members Requested: 5

Ok I'm looking for players for this game. What I am looking for is the following:

1) Name:
2) What are you doing in Frontal?:
3) What does your character do?
4) Who does your character know in Frontal? (Feel free to make this stuffs up) Include significant others who are with you if on holiday.
5) Personality:
6) Appearance:
7) A brief history: Two to four paragraphs of stuff about your character

Credit for questions goes to koipond.

I'm not looking for how much experience in this game but preferably role playing ability.

Players will be playing Norms trying to survive the initial breakout and trying to find safety. They may find out the cause of the 'infection' if they wish, but they should be scared witless at the same time. Just for the record, this is not a game for power playing so the idea of the Rambo esc character will not go down well. Look forward to read through the applications. Players will be chosen on the 15th of August. Depending on the quality of the applications there may be more than five spots going.

Game Description:

'As they approach your home, the evening wind carries their stench through the air. Your dog barks wildly, frenzied by the smell. You awaken from a restless sleep, look out your window, and see the staggering corpses on the move.

You are halfway down the stairs when you hear footsteps on the porch. You run into the living room and pry open your gun cabinet. As you fumble, the front door collapses from the weight of a pair of rotting corpses.

They shamble into your hall, arms outstretched, reaching for you. You unload your shotgun into them. They fall back.

To your horror, they rise...'
- All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Eden Studio's

The little town of Frontal, Idaho, is a quaint little town, the kind of place where everybody knows everybody else, if not in person but by face and most likely name. It's primary output lies with the surrounding forests, mainly tourism. Just down the road from Elk City it is a rest stop for local truckers and the garage is often called to tow those poor tourists who break down on the mountain roads. Nothing really ever happens in Frontal, well until now...

The game is your classic Zombie survival horror with the PC's trying not to get killed by the ever growing hordes of undead who turn up. Now how will the characters survive? Will they find out the cause of the problem or will they try to run? Will they be able to get to safety? Will it be enough???

Edit: I've decided instead to have a guy who is a short order cook, take that father I'm going to live my dream and you can't stop me!

1) Name: Tommy Dobbs: recent multi-millionaire

2) What are you doing in Frontal?: While driving across country, his brand new porche got a flat tire and he has been forced to stay over night while it was fixed.

3) What does your character do? Nada. Johnny just won the lotto! He quit his job and is on a cross-country trip heading for california.

4) Who does your character know in Frontal? (Feel free to make this stuffs up) Include significant others who are with you if on holiday. He has met the local Mechanic Buck, eaten at Francine's Cafe and has a room at Mrs. Petunia's, a small boarding house in town.

5) Personality: Friendly and lucky but not too bright

6) Appearance: Average looks, Average build, Average weight

7) A brief history: Two to four paragraphs of stuff about your character. Tommy was a vitamin store employee, living a boring life and generally wasting his life. One day the incredible happened and Tommy won the 90 million dollar Florida jackpot. He quit his job, bought a brand new car and is now traveling across the country.

Tommy has no real skills to speak of, but tends to get lucky and has enough cash/money to buy anything . . . not that zombies usually take debit cards. Tommy is not likely to freak out, but isn't exactly the most useful person to have around.

If you don't mind, Im gonna live in Frontal, but work in Elk City (one of those tow guys/ mechanics)

1) Name: Jebb Hearth (Jebbidiah, not Amish)
2) What are you doing in Frontal?: Permanent Resident. Born and Raised.
3) What does your character do? Runs a tow/mechanic shop in Elk City.
4) Who does your character know in Frontal? (Feel free to make this stuffs up) Include significant others who are with you if on holiday.

5) Personality: Jebb is a hardworking man, with three kids. He co-owns a business in Elk-City with Ronald Webster, and works monday-friday 7-3, mostly on tourist cars.

He loves life. He loves to hunt, and has taken both of his sons hunting on multiple occasions.

He is a gruff man on appearance, but he actually has a very open and warm personality once you get him talking, and can be boistrous and flamboyant when you get him drinking. He's not a very violent person, and doesn't much like to argue. He has a thing against excuses, and run-arounds. He prefers being blunt and open, and he'll tell you straight to your face when he's angry, upset, or happy.

6) Appearance: 6'2'' with a short well-shaven beard. Wavy blonde hair and light blue eyes. He is gruff looking, and perpetually looks dirty (Tanned skin, and works with cars). He is a little bulkier than his average weight class, but not overweight or out of shape.

His work clothes (which he can be seen in most often) are a thick blue shirt with a name tag that says "Tiny" and jeans.

7) A brief history: Two to four paragraphs of stuff about your character

Jebb was born and raised in Frontal. His parents were both outstanding citizens of the town, and expected the same of Jebb and his two siblings. He ran for sports in school: Track, Football, and baseball, and learned to love to hunt and fish with his father.

At 18 he had his first son, and he was married to Katherine before the boys birth. Two kids followed in the years to come, along with a nice home, and a reputation in Frontal.

Cars came second nature to Jebb. He built his first car from an old beat up frame and parts that he paid for on his own. When he turned 26, he and his best friend Ron, started a company in Elk-City. Their job; towing and repairing cars.

It isn't a grand life, but its one that Jebb enjoys.

Very nice, I might have to make a compromise between people you know in order to get them to fit. How's about Francine and Steven Wright running Francine's Cafe and Buck as a mechanic who runs a small shop as part of JnR Mechanic's as a small outpost for cars to be picked up by the bigger truck. Mrs. Kathlyn Petunia runs a small hostel in town as well as a side job in cleaning for the local Millionaires holiday home up in the mountains. For more stuffs about frontal here is the link to the stuffs I am defiantly including.

huh, since there already is a cook, I guess i can play as one of the help.

I never played in a zombie game! Posting my expression of great interest!

I have a forensic pathologist ready, in my drawer of normal people, but Frontal might be too small for having a forensic pathologist. A solution might be he works in another place, and just has a cabane/chalet by the lake near Frontal to spend his weekends.

I also have other options in mind. I'll just try to sort them out and post something more precise in a day or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
huh, since there already is a cook, I guess i can play as one of the help.
Well it is fine to be another cook, we can just increase the size of the cafe. You shouldn't have to change background for NPC's. You can work along side Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julien
I have a forensic pathologist ready, in my drawer of normal people, but Frontal might be too small for having a forensic pathologist. A solution might be he works in another place, and just has a cabane/chalet by the lake near Frontal to spend his weekends.
Sounds good.

True but I already have her almost finished so...

Name: Annie Orr, though she’d prefer if you just call her Ann
What are doing in Frontal?: Annie was born and raised in Frontal, so I guess that would explain it huh?
What does your character do?: Annie is a waitress at the “Francine's Cafe”
Who does your character know in Frontal?:

Personality: Annie is, how should we put this, kind of rude; she doesn’t get along with most people which she categorize as “sheep”, and she certainly doesn’t get along well with some, though if you start talking horror movie references she’ll warm up to you.

Appearance: Annie is a young woman with a slender frame, she maybe a social outcast but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t keep in shape. She’s about 5’4” with short brunette hair though she has dyed it black a couple of times, she has green eyes that are supposedly something she got from her grandmother, which is creepy because her grandmother died about 3 years before she was born.

Background:

Shazam you seem to be everywhere I go.
I do hope you don't think I'm stalking you...

1) Name: El Perro Rojo (The Red Dog)
2) What are you doing in Frontal?: An short rest stop on the way to Boise.
3) What does your character do? Wrestles, entertains, and amazes!
4) Who does your character know in Frontal? No one really, beside his manager and a few staff on the bus.
5) Personality: Flamboyant, loud, brash, a real superstar of a man!
6) Appearance: Perro has the perfect body where he's from. It's paunchy, short, darkly colored, and hairless. Well, OK, it's not perfect, but it sure gets the job done. He can usually be seen sporting red spandex pants, body oils, and a bright crimson mask. The mask has holes for the eyes and mouth and nose, and several stylized flourishes of white and black across the brow, cheeks, and top of the head. His boots are shiny, but his soul burns brighter than any flame!
7) A brief history: Perro is the hottest thing in Masked Mexican Wrestling since El Santo!
His high flying antics and spectacular presence has kept the muchachos and muchachas on the edge of their seats since his debut last year. He has been booked to put on a show almost country wide, featuring himself vs some of the WWA's most popular and toughest, and even had some across seas shows, most notably his battles alongside Japan's premiere Super Sentai heroes and many endorsements. He's a celebrity alright, not many people fail to recognize his mask, which he wears everywhere.
His bus stopped into the little town of Frontal overnight for a rest from the road and some food, maybe a photo or autograph or two, but mostly for a discrete night of personal retreat on the road, away from the spotlight.

He had sent his errand boy to go fetch him some Little Debbies an hour or two prior to receiving a thud on the door of the bus, worried for how long it had taken and that he might need help carrying the snackies Perro's manager opened the door and screamed, falling backwards into the steps of the bus. Perro rushed forward to see what the scream was for and was greeted by a bloody mess of what look like a man once and the shambling plasma covered corpses of a few people, including his gofer!

Taken aback momentarily, it was only a split second before Perro's panther-like reaction speed set him into motion. Fight or Flight? There wasn't enough room to spread his wings on the bus, so he had only one option.

iHora de luchar!