Notices

Hell Hath No Fury -- A DnD 4e adventure

Old Jul 30 '09, 2:22am
Great Wyrm

Hell Hath No Fury -- A DnD 4e adventure

Hell Hath No Fury - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 4e
Estimated Members Requested: 1

Welcome, people of The Weave! I recently had an idea for a series of short adventures that could quite possibly take players from level 1, to the low Paragons, provided I pull this off correctly and get a helping hand from my players.

Anyway, here's what you need to know.

Your humble Dungeon MastersI'll be the head DM on this venture of ours. Nocturnal will be our Co-DM to keep me on track, and probably help with a few adventures and encounters.

As for myself, I'm in my mid-teens and going to be a Junior in High School next year, been playing D&D 3.5 since fourth grade. Switched to 4the Edition a couple months ago (sometime around Christmas), and I must say it's one of my favorite systems. I also play Dark Heresy, which probably is my favorite system.

I'll let Nocturnal introduce himself, or not if he doesn't want to.

The StoryYou hear shouts from outside the inn, and decide to investigate. You arrive to see the villagers gathered around a shadowed figure. Approaching the figure you can hear his words. "I am not making this up! You must believe me! I tell you I saw the Princess murder her father, the King! I worked at the accursed castle as a servant. I tell you the new Queen is not what she appears! Be wary, friends, for I fear she will be the cause of our destruction." The man's words affected you gravely, the princess? How could such a charismatic leader, and innocent girl murder her father in cold blood? Something pulled at your soul, you have to investigate...

The King, Lord Suurin, has been murdered by an assassin unknown. The deed was done less than a fortnight ago. Killed in his sleep with a dagger of dark origins. An unfortunate butler claims to have witnessed the beloved princess, Atryn, murder her father. The man was traveled the kingdom of Vorash spreading what he is convinced is the truth. He arrived in your town less than an hour ago, and began warning anyone he saw. Soon enough, a crowd had gathered, mocking him and calling him a liar. Most in town were under the opinion that the man was insane, some believed he was the assassin. You, however, know that something foul is afoot in Vorash, something that could well threaten the world itself. Will you step up and stop it?

Character Generation and ApplicationsPlayers will start at Level 1.
Standard 100gp.
22 Point buy, or you could use the Standard array.
Books and Sources allowed: PHB 1&2, FRPG, and the Adventurer's Vault. Anything else can be asked for/about and I'll review it if I can. I do not have DDI, but I do have a Character builder demo (lvls 1-3) just so you know.
Alignment: No Evil please, it wouldn't fit well.

For Applications:
Name:
Race:
Class:
Appearance:Character's physical and gear descriptions please.
Personality: Goals, hopes, dreams, and how your character will behave in general.
Background:You can be from the small village mentioned above (Nirith), or from some other place within the kingdom, unless you have good reason to be an outsider. You can make up names and such of places, except the capital, which is also named Vorash. Players from Nirith would most likely know one another before hand, so I'll leave that up to you once the team is chosen.
A statblock: Would be nice.

Looking for 5 players.

Applications are Closed! Thank you to all that applied.

Applicants:
Defenders:
Thayal: Keteth, Goliath Earth Warden.
yesnomu: Althaea, Eladrin Swordmage.
Prof. Jb Wolf: Garrett Lewin, Human Swordmage.
Leaders:
Belleville: Sakeia Redhorn, Human Shaman.
Serros: Carric Laylar, Half-Elf Shaman.
dueindump: Beiro Arkald, Half-Elf Bard.
Arcane Copycat: Praetus, Eldarin Taclord.
Cparcell: Biswynn, Dwarf Cleric.
Strikers:
mikeloop86: Treya, Human Avenger/Invoker.
JosephBlackly: Galithun Armaio, Human Starlock.
Zelphi: Frinel, Human Avenger/Invoker.
Ascension: Lia Summers, Half-Elf Starlock.
Controllers:
nerupe08: Serphine, Elf Wrathful Invoker.
Denalik Hystere: Denalik Hystere, Eladrin Wizard.
Master_Rahl22: Briespen Wildleaf, Elf Druid.

Game Description:

You hear shouts from outside the inn, and decide to investigate. You arrive to see the villagers gathered around a shadowed figure. Approaching the figure you can hear his words. "I am not making this up! You must believe me! I tell you I saw the Princess murder her father, the King! I worked at the accursed castle as a servant. I tell you the new Queen is not what she appears! Be wary, friends, for I fear she will be the cause of our destruction." The man's words affected you gravely, the princess? How could such a charismatic leader, and innocent girl murder her father in cold blood? Something pulled at your soul, you have to investigate...

The King, Lord Suurin, has been murdered by an assassin unknown. The deed was done less than a fortnight ago. Killed in his sleep with a dagger of dark origins. An unfortunate butler claims to have witnessed the beloved princess, Atryn, murder her father. The man was traveled the kingdom of Vorash spreading what he is convinced is the truth. He arrived in your town less than an hour ago, and began warning anyone he saw. Soon enough, a crowd had gathered, mocking him and calling him a liar. Most in town were under the opinion that the man was insane, some believed he was the assassin. You, however, know that something foul is afoot in Vorash, something that could well threaten the world itself. Will you step up and stop it?

Last edited by DeathKnight2274; Aug 3 '09 at 6:48pm.. Reason: Closed
Posting my interest. I'll be thinking of the concept tonight, should be ready by tonight, or tomorrow at the latest.

Hi, I've agreed to help DeathKnight2274 co-DM this game in case he needs any help getting the hang of things. I've run a number of fairly successful 4e games already and I really enjoy the system.

That said, this is really DeathKnight2274's baby and I'm going to be more of a "silent partner", in that I'll take a backseat and keep my mouth shut unless I think my advice is actually needed. It's his story and my purpose is only to lend a hand with the practicalities so that we can all enjoy it as much as possible.

Name: Treya Morningsong
Race: Human
Class: Avenger Multiclass Invoker

Posting intrest, I should have a character prepped and ready in no time. You can count on a Wizard ^^

I'm thinking about a Swordmage. I'll get more detailed later. Probably Eladrin.