cool feat - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

World of Farland

A world conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin; A unique campaign setting designed to be used with all editions of D&D.

cool feat

cool feat

Hey all,

I am hoping to include a balanced, cool new feat for this month's update (which is coming, I promise!). Any ideas? What feats have you invented for your own games?

My first attempt at creating a new feat

Life Blow
You can tap into your own life force to deal more damage on melee attacks.

Prerequisites:Power Attack, Cleave, Con 13

Benefit: On your action, before making attack rolls for a round you may choose to take a certain amount of damage up to your level and add half that number to all melee damage rolls.

Special: This may be used in conjuntion with the Power Attack feat, damage bonuses stack.

Greater Life Blow
Your life force is more potent than normal when using Lifeblow

Prerequisites: Life Blow, Greater Cleave, Con 15

Benefit: On your action, before making attack you may choose to take a certain amount of damage up to your level and add the same number to damage rolls

Special: This may be used in conjunction with the Power Attack feat, damage bonuses stack.

My first attempt at creating a new feat

Life Blow
You can tap into your own life force to deal more damage on melee attacks.

Prerequisites:Power Attack, Cleave, Con 13

Benefit: On your action, before making attack rolls for a round you may choose to take a certain amount of damage up to your level and add half that number to all melee damage rolls.

Special: This may be used in conjuntion with the Power Attack feat, damage bonuses stack.

Greater Life Blow
Your life force is more potent than normal when using Lifeblow

Prerequisites: Life Blow, Greater Cleave, Con 15

Benefit: On your action, before making attack you may choose to take a certain amount of damage up to your level and add the same number to damage rolls

Special: This may be used in conjunction with the Power Attack feat, damage bonuses stack.

Wow those feats are really uber powerfull at higher levels. (maybe bit unbalanced). now I shall try my hand at feat making.

Delay concentration (metamagic)
You can cast spells on which you need to concentrate while concentrating only once per 4 rounds
Prerequisites: Ability to cast arcane or divine spells of lvl 2
Benefit: Need to concentrate is reduced for all spells when you have this feat. If you need to concentrate on a spell you only need to do so 1 time per 4 rounds.
Normal: You need to concentrate every round for a spell which requires concentration, taking a standard action to do so.

Dismiss concentration (metamagic)
You can cast spells on which you need to concentrate without concentrating
Prerequisites: Ability to cast arcane or divine spells of lvl 4, Delay concentration
Benefit: Need to concentrate is completely negated for all your spells. If you need to concentrate on a spell you automaticaly do so without using an action. In effect concentration ceases to be an action for you (not even a free action) as described in the PHB pg 121.
Normal: You need to concentrate every round for a spell which requires concentration, taking a standard action to do so.

Wow those feats are really uber powerfull at higher levels. (maybe bit unbalanced). now I shall try my hand at feat making.

Delay concentration (metamagic)
You can cast spells on which you need to concentrate while concentrating only once per 4 rounds
Prerequisites: Ability to cast arcane or divine spells of lvl 2
Benefit: Need to concentrate is reduced for all spells when you have this feat. If you need to concentrate on a spell you only need to do so 1 time per 4 rounds.

Dismiss concentration (metamagic)
You can cast spells on which you need to concentrate without concentrating
Prerequisites: Ability to cast arcane or divine spells of lvl 4, Delay concentration
Benefit: Need to concentrate is completely negated for all your spells. If you need to concentrate on a spell you automaticaly do so without using an action. In effect concentration ceases to be an action for you (not even a free action) as described in the PHB pg 121.

Interesting feats... I might have to use some of these in future updates if I have your permissions. Post here in this thread if you would be amenable to that. Of course I would give you credit for the feat on my site.

Interesting feats... I might have to use some of these in future updates if I have your permissions. Post here in this thread if you would be amenable to that. Of course I would give you credit for the feat on my site.

Of course you can use them :biggrin:
Thats what they were posted for in the first place.

Of course you can use them :biggrin:
Thats what they were posted for in the first place.

This may seem like a waste of posting space but.....Ditto.

I'm always here to come up with new ideas (however not all of them are the best). My ideas are free to be used anywhere, unless i say otherwise (very unlikely). As long as i get credit, i'm happy.

I still think Farland is amazing.... :biggrin: