Notices

Edge of Terror: Adventure - IN SPACE

Old Aug 13 '09, 8:35am
Goddamn American Jedi

Edge of Terror: Adventure - IN SPACE

Edge of Terror: AdventureIN SPACE - Forum
Miscellaneous
Estimated Members Requested: 6

This is Dark Heresy! That being said, thedismone and I are looking for 5-6 players to join us on our maiden voyage to GM Dark Heresy, yes we are learning still but we both have many years of ST/DM experience under our belts and hope to give you a great experience.

At the Dawn of the 41st MillennieumYou are an Acolyte in the service of the Emperors' Inquisition. You stand in the front line of a great and secret war where your duty is to hunt out the foul stench of heresy, the vile alien, and the twisted influence of Chaos. You will tread where others fear, venturing to distant planets, ancient space hulks and the unsavoury depths of the under-hive.

You will never know fame nor reward, yet if you stand resolute your deeds will be whispered to the God-Emperor of Mankind and your name will be revered for millennia.

So on to the nitty-gritty crunchiness, we will be allowing both random rolls and set character creation. If you will be rolling to determine your character please post all rolls in the roll thread found HERE!. All rolls must be done in that thread to be considered valid for character creation.

You will be fresh Acolytes of the Inquisition so character creation will be standard 400xp. Thanks go to Daemon and DeathKnight2274 for the character sheet templates. Please be sure to use spoiler tags so you do not clutter the page because it is rather long. On the creation notes, you will all be, for the purpose of the game under the Inquisitor Gamlas Malcom an Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus, please make sure your character background includes this or it will not be considered until corrected. Please keep in mind that while you will start in the ranks of the Ordo Hereticus this is by no means the end of your movement throughout the Ordos if the games runs as long as I and thedesimone would like who knows where you might end up? The God-Emperor is fickle as are his many sycophants, the Imperium is a dangerous place and many people can serve more than one master.

Please post all completed character sheets on this thread.

Please note that the game will be more Role play than roll play. While we both believe that there is a need for rules so that games may have a structure, rules will NEVER trump a good story, never. So keeping that in mind, we are still learning so if you see something let us know. We are both willing and ready to listen to many opinions. Please no combat monsters, although combat will be an important part of our game, this is the Inquisition, there is a need for discretion and hidden knives as well.

The thread will be open for at least two weeks or until we have selected our squad of Inquisitors so get cracking!

FOR THE GLORY OF THE GOD-EMPEROR!!

Game Description:

Welcome to the 41st Millennium
It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor has sat immobile on the
Golden Throne of Earth. He is the master of mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a
million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly
with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a
thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly die.

Yet in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battle fleets cross the
Daemon-infested miasma of the Warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the
Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor’s will. Vast armies give battle in his name on
uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bioengineered
super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless
planetary defence forces, the ever-vigilant Inquisition and the Tech-Priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus
to name but a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present
threat from aliens, heretics, mutants—and worse.

To be a man is such times is to be one amongst untold billons. It is to live in the cruellest and
most bloody regime imaginable. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been
forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim
darkness of the far future, there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of
carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of the thirsting gods.

This is DARK HERESY, a role playing game set in the dark gothic future of the Warhammer 40k universe. Your GMs will be thedesimone and me, insomniawalking! This is both of our first times GMing this system so bear with us and welcome to the Imperium!

Hmmm, I'm tempted to try and remake a Mara Massacre Guardsman I never really got to use, I really enjoyed the feel of the character, but the game died after the first few posts. Then again I'm in the mood of a nice shotgun. I'll have to think things over a bit, but a Guardsman will be forthcoming from me, hopefully with a healthy dose of Insanity Points.

Mmm-mm. Toasty Heresy.
I'll throw in an Imperial Psyker soon enough. I assume aesthetic characteristics such as appearance, quirks and home world don't need to be rolled if we wish?

@Venera - You don't have to roll for the aesthetics, we were just giving you that option.

@DK2274 - Yes we did, go right ahead.

Cool looking forward to see everyone's apps