Notices

World of Farland

A world conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin; A unique campaign setting designed to be used with D&D 4th Edition.

Lords of Sin

Question about the Lords

I was going to make a new thread, but this one seemed fine...

(remember I am a farland newbie)

So in reading, It seems that some of the Lords of Sin are dead?? Is this true? If so, who is running their kingdoms? Did I miss something?

~Thuldin was slain by Valanduil the Elf and Bartarius the Barbarian in the year 8161 F.R.
~Thus the Lord of Lust passed from the histories of Farland

thanks!

Good question. The articles on the site are set in the year 8170 F.R., which means that three out of the seven Lords of Sin have been slain.

Thuldin the Fallen the Lord of Pride was killed. He ruled Kale.
Brathelathor the Lord of Lust was killed. He ruled Kelerak.
Saithith the Lord of Gluttony was killed. He ruled Daven.

Still alive and very much kicking: Garlgax the Lord of Envy, ruler of Orland.
Bork the Lord of Sloth, ruler of Zeland.
Aklystykor, the Lord of Greed.
Nabarus the Lord of Wrath, ruler of the kingdom of Farland.

That means that the three western-most kingdoms are liberated but teetering on the brink of an invasion that will take away their liberty. The four eastern most kingdoms are still occupied. The Border River is the literal border, the front of the war, so to speak. This gives PCs an opportunity to start in a harsh but not entirely impossible situation if they are good and start in one of the western kingdoms.

But if a DM wanted to bring back all of the Lords of Sin he would only need to rewind the date back to the year 8160, when all of the Lords were alive.

Good question. The articles on the site are set in the year 8170 F.R., which means that three out of the seven Lords of Sin have been slain.

Thuldin the Fallen the Lord of Pride was killed. He ruled Kale.
Brathelathor the Lord of Lust was killed. He ruled Kelerak.
Saithith the Lord of Gluttony was killed. He ruled Daven.

Still alive and very much kicking: Garlgax the Lord of Envy, ruler of Orland.
Bork the Lord of Sloth, ruler of Zeland.
Aklystykor, the Lord of Greed.
Nabarus the Lord of Wrath, ruler of the kingdom of Farland.

That means that the three western-most kingdoms are liberated but teetering on the brink of an invasion that will take away their liberty. The four eastern most kingdoms are still occupied. The Border River is the literal border, the front of the war, so to speak. This gives PCs an opportunity to start in a harsh but not entirely impossible situation if they are good and start in one of the western kingdoms.

But if a DM wanted to bring back all of the Lords of Sin he would only need to rewind the date back to the year 8160, when all of the Lords were alive.

And don't forget that the Dm could follow the chronicles of the Lords of the West and then the Lord of Envy would have also perished. See the chronicles on the Farland website for an interesting read!

And don't forget that the Dm could follow the chronicles of the Lords of the West and then the Lord of Envy would have also perished. See the chronicles on the Farland website for an interesting read!

Ok, well, I guess my point here in all of this was... (hope I don't bite off too much)

The Lord of lust... Based on his, um, unique qualities, it would seem logical if there were a blood heir somewhere...in fact perhaps SEVERAL?? Any thought on persuing this idea?

Ok, well, I guess my point here in all of this was... (hope I don't bite off too much)

The Lord of lust... Based on his, um, unique qualities, it would seem logical if there were a blood heir somewhere...in fact perhaps SEVERAL?? Any thought on persuing this idea?

http://www.farlandworld.com/wing.html

:biggrin:

http://www.farlandworld.com/wing.html

:biggrin:

Of course in the year 8171 F.R. he's dead too, but I would agree that there are probably all sorts of demon spawn out there that claim the Lord of Lust as their father.