Game Information

Game Information

Posting and Formatting Requirements

I am looking for a reasonably fast posting rate. A post or two most days of the week would be ideal. Posts don’t have to be lengthy but need to show your character’s personality and should respond to other characters as much as the environment. It would also be great if people that are going to be unable to post for a more than a couple of days (not including weekends) let everyone know via the OOC thread.

Dialogue should be either bolder or italicized and coloured. Everyone should pick a color for their character and stick with it.
See below for choices that I think are pretty easy to read.

Each IC post should start with a 80x80 thumbnail of your characters face plus name, race and class of your character as a url to your character sheet as per the following example (color should match your chosen Dialogue color and choose whatever font you think looks good and is readable). The link to the character sheet is optional if you choose to include your statblock in every IC post.

All OOC text should be within spoiler tags and any combat or rolls should be in a spoiler called Actions at the bottom of the post. You should also describe all your actions IC as well before the actions spoiler.

All combat actions should be self explanatory with rolls and action types (minor/standard/move) visible and have all relevant details visible, in an OOC or in an included statblock. Please don’t hide dice rolls in OOC or Roll tags (unless using the z option for roll tags).

Note [sb=sp][/sb] displays a statblock inside a dedicated spoiler.

Each combat post should have your characters stat block at the bottom in the actions spoiler. Stat blocks should have details on all powers, feats, race and class abilities plus details on any magical equipment and their abilities. See the following post for details on character sheets and statblocks.

Character Sheets

Character Sheets

I am not particular about which formatting you use as long as all the relevant information is there and easily found in the auto generated statblock. All combat posts should have the statblock within the actions spoiler.

Details of descriptions of all powers, feats class and racial abilities need to be inserted in the ‘Conditional Modifiers, Resistances & Action Points Note’ text box so they are included in the statblocks.

Two of my characters that you are free to copy formatting from are: Me’lia Gallowglass, Halfling Bard & Blades, Warforged Fighter

Their respective statblocks are (note these are not level one characters and your notes sections will likely be shorter):

Examples of the code used on the myth-weaver character sheet to make the above follow. (note I delete a lot of line breaks to make the result tighter though it does make the code look rather squashed together. When writing I often put the line breaks back in and then delete the unwanted ones again as the last step.

RPGA Rewards Cards

All rewards and promo cards from 2008 and 2009 have been provided for public access on the WotC website here. Everyone is allowed access to those cards. All details of those cards are detailed in this post.

Currently there are no other cards available that I know of. But if you have such a card it is also valid for play but I ask that you provide a low rez photo of them in your character thread as proof that you have it. This is as advised by WotC. I will also include the details for such cards in this post.

Please refer to the latest version of the LFR Character Creation Guide for rules on choosing and using cards. The following has been updated to version 1.99 of that document.

DCI Numbers

Currently there does not seem to be a way to join online due to the legal clauses they want read and signed on the physical card. I've requested an alternative way to join remotely, such as a form that could be downloaded and signed, and will update this if I hear more.

Treasure and Rewards
I will be following the official LFR Character Creation Guide for awarding experience/treasure and rewards, latest version as I edit this is now 1.99. Much has changed and it has got longer so I suggest reading the relevant pages (8-10) yourself.

Some of the key points are summarized below but the LFR Character Creation Guide is the only official source.
  • At the end of each adventure you will have a chance to select one treasure bundle that may contain a magic item.
  • For characters that started at 1st level you may only acquire a total number of magic items equal to your level (items found and sold still count). Higher level characters have reduced number of 'slots'
  • You can't use/sell a magic item more than 4 levels above your level though you can take it and keep it for later use
  • You need to decide the specific form of the magic item when the bundle is chosen and it must be legal.
  • You can purchase any magic item that is equal to or less than your level with your gold, as long as you have access to it (these do not count against your magic item limit)
  • You can sell magic items for 20% of their market price (these items still count against your total acquired items)
  • It is possible to upgrade magic items
  • You can't receive treasure from another player character (though you can lend items)

Adventures Completed

CORM1-1 - The Black Knight of Arabel
The Black DragonsAnywn, Half-Elf Protector Paladin (Intro)
Ashwolf, Half-Orc Centered Breath Monk (Ashwolf)
Gash, Half-Orc Ruthless Ruffian Rogue (FreeRange)
Mahal, Deva Presever Invoker (Letho)
Argonan Maskarsul, Eladrin Tactical Warlord (DeranAlankier)
did not complete

CORM1-1 - The Black Knight of Arabel
The Green DragonsKanak, Half-Orc Ruthless Ruffian Rogue (Zombieslayer)
did not complete
Doranis Griidyphon, Revenant Assassin (tsuyoshikentsu)
Sorala, Dragonborn Devoted Cleric (Rebnik Talias)
did not complete
Dane Alfarssen, Half-Elf Valorous Bard (SquireDevin)
Aldir Spiderwood, Elf Predator Druid (PeteZero)
Obadiah Oldonyx, Dwarven Tempest Fighter (Nasdaq)
did not complete

DRAG1-1 - Many Hands Make Light Work
Thorfin, Dwarf Inspiring Warlord (Erico)
Sezzur, Human Tinkerer Artificer (daffyinthehead)
Gash, Half-Orc Ruthless Ruffian Rogue (FreeRange)
did not complete

CORM1-5 - In the Bleak Midwinter
Saedre, Elven Archer Ranger (Sheol)

Adventures In Progress

DALE1-1 The Prospect
Saedre, Elven Archer Ranger (Sheol)