There's No Place Like Home [Leonidas1789, bucheonman, Maurkov, bzipser, Toliudar]

Wyngrad had tensed up during the explanation, and the prospect of being sent far away from home was one moral quandry that he was dreading. Would he leave behind his mother and sick father simply to make money? Luckily, this didn't seem to be the case.

Necromancer? The thought sent a chill down his spine. He had faced the zombies before and bested them with relative ease, but he knew any necromancer would have far more evil and cunning creatures to send after the group.

He scanned the room, looking at his known allies Sofia and Blake, and also the 2 new unknowns. He would do this job.

No questions, sir. I just wonder about settling up for mine work.

Karn scratches his cheek and leans back.

"Yeah, I got a few questions. Will we get a bit of information on this company we're supposed to ... penetrate? Where is it exactly we're supposed to go and how do we know when we're done? Oh yeah, what do you mean by 'penetrate'. You want information or are we supposed to take them down. Any time limit?"

He shrugs, "Those kinds of questions."

Looking at Layna , he says, "She's probably got a bunch of stuff she wants to know. She's the smart one."

That said, Karn refills his goblet with wine and drinks it down.

Tobie looked at the one she had thought was called Wyngrad. Thought th' mine was th' far away job? She looked at the hooded boss. Do I got it backwards? Either way, I need supplies. Bandages 'n herbs 'n such, iffen ya could manage em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzNurse View Post
Tobie looked at the one she had thought was called Wyngrad. Thought th' mine was th' far away job? She looked at the hooded boss. Do I got it backwards? Either way, I need supplies. Bandages 'n herbs 'n such, iffen ya could manage em.
"I believe he said 'settling', Tobie," Brynna says softly. "As in settling up."

She turns to the hooded man and says, "On this necromancer, do we have any clues as to where we should start looking? You said he was close. Here in Astan? Are there any clues as to how we can find him? And can we get some holy water, at least, to help against anything he has called up?" She shivers slightly at the thought of undead opponents.

"My colleague here will settle your affairs today," the one called The Hood answers. "And as usual, our quartermasters will provide supplies as needed; I believe you'll find them better equipped than those in Wrensfair, Tobie."

The robe shifts as the hidden taskmaster turns towards Karn. "Information is what we seek. They were clearly being paid in Astan coin. We wish to know who they were working for, and why the Astan army left the place alone. We know only a little about the West Merui Trading Company, and wish to know more so as to see whether they might be... persuaded... to be friendly to our purposes. Sooner is always better, but it is a long trip east, so whatever you bring back should be worth the trouble."

Tobie nodded at Brynna and looked back over at Wyngrad. Sorry fer hearin ya wrong. Din't mean nuthin' by it, she told him with a friendly smile. She gave a slight snort at The Hood's words. It don' take much ta be better off then Wrensfair.

Eberhart furrows his brow. He leans forward.

"So, let me get this straight. You want us to follow around the zombie-monkey around, and report back to you regularly on what he's up to?"

Speaking to no one in particular, I think they want us to neutralize him, if we can. At least that was my understanding... as his voice tails off.

The hood turns slightly towards Eberhart. "Initially, that would be the most help. The direct approach clearly failed the first time, and although I have hopes you are more skilled than Sikhandyn's team, the Crocus does not choose to fight losing battles. If you see an opportunity, however..." and at this the boss glances towards Wyngrad and his voice takes on a note of amused finality, "Neutralizing him would not be an unacceptable outcome."