World of Farland

A world conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin; A unique campaign setting designed to be used with D&D 4th Edition.

wolf spider

Hey, I was thinking of a nasty new monster called a Wolf Spider, the cross between a dire wolf and a huge spider. Do you know of any monster by this name that already exists? I have a bad habit of coincidentally reinventing things.

Thanks!

Nope. I caint recall any. But I'm mostly a 1st and 2nd edition cat.

I'm likin the idea though. It sorta reminds me of a book I read way back in the day before many of my memory cells were targeted for termination. I think the book was by Peirs Anthony. One of the Zanth books....not sure. The hero of the book had a companion that was a giant spider covered in hair that jumped around and kicked butt.

Maybe it was a Shanarra book. Sorry. Not sure....... :embarrassed:

Nope. I caint recall any. But I'm mostly a 1st and 2nd edition cat.

I'm likin the idea though. It sorta reminds me of a book I read way back in the day before many of my memory cells were targeted for termination. I think the book was by Peirs Anthony. One of the Zanth books....not sure. The hero of the book had a companion that was a giant spider covered in hair that jumped around and kicked butt.

Maybe it was a Shanarra book. Sorry. Not sure....... :embarrassed:

Cool. Thanks guys. You can check out the finished monster on my site, here: http://www.farlandworld.com/monsters.html

Cool. Thanks guys. You can check out the finished monster on my site, here: http://www.farlandworld.com/monsters.html

Very nice. Maybe cover the body of the spider with some fur as well to make more of a blend of the two animals and have some type of horns on the head (Since dire animals have demonic features). But its your campaign and its just a suggestion, I like it how it is.

Very nice. Maybe cover the body of the spider with some fur as well to make more of a blend of the two animals and have some type of horns on the head (Since dire animals have demonic features). But its your campaign and its just a suggestion, I like it how it is.

It actually does have fur on the body already. As for the horns, I was under the impression that dire animals were just a "throwback" to a larger, more primitive form. I didn't think they were demonic.