Notices

World of Farland

A world conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin; A unique campaign setting designed to be used with D&D 4th Edition.

wolf spider

It actually does have fur on the body already. As for the horns, I was under the impression that dire animals were just a "throwback" to a larger, more primitive form. I didn't think they were demonic.

What??? :eek:

No picture?? I have to imagine it?

Just jokin. nice monster. I think I'll use it in my tabletop game if it ever gets off the ground again.

What??? :eek:

No picture?? I have to imagine it?

Just jokin. nice monster. I think I'll use it in my tabletop game if it ever gets off the ground again.

Nope. I caint recall any. But I'm mostly a 1st and 2nd edition cat.

I'm likin the idea though. It sorta reminds me of a book I read way back in the day before many of my memory cells were targeted for termination. I think the book was by Peirs Anthony. One of the Zanth books....not sure. The hero of the book had a companion that was a giant spider covered in hair that jumped around and kicked butt.

Maybe it was a Shanarra book. Sorry. Not sure....... :embarrassed:

Yep - that was a Xanth book (Piers Anthony) but I cannot recall which one... anyway, that spider was a jumping spider rather than a web spinner (as hun6ting technique).

As for a pre-existing WOLF SPIDER: There is a real life spider by that name. For a picture goto yahoo.com and do an image search for Wolf Spider - you will get dozens of pics. Some are close up so that it makes the thing look huge! & yes, they are hairy little buggers.

Nope. I caint recall any. But I'm mostly a 1st and 2nd edition cat.

I'm likin the idea though. It sorta reminds me of a book I read way back in the day before many of my memory cells were targeted for termination. I think the book was by Peirs Anthony. One of the Zanth books....not sure. The hero of the book had a companion that was a giant spider covered in hair that jumped around and kicked butt.

Maybe it was a Shanarra book. Sorry. Not sure....... :embarrassed:

Yep - that was a Xanth book (Piers Anthony) but I cannot recall which one... anyway, that spider was a jumping spider rather than a web spinner (as hun6ting technique).

As for a pre-existing WOLF SPIDER: There is a real life spider by that name. For a picture goto yahoo.com and do an image search for Wolf Spider - you will get dozens of pics. Some are close up so that it makes the thing look huge! & yes, they are hairy little buggers.

There's actually a similar creature to the one you described in Ed Greenwoods latest series of books and he called em "Long Fangs"

But quickly looking at your stats for it I think you have different ideas as per how it'd act. The long fangs was more wolf then spider in how it attacked and I don't recall if ever using any type of webbing.

but just thinking of a pack of spiders that could track me with scent gives me the willies.