Notices

Checkmate: War For The City

Old Sep 28 '09, 3:05am
Great Wyrm

Checkmate: War For The City

Checkmate: War for the City - Forum
World of Darkness
Estimated Members Requested: 10

Let's play a game. We just happen to have a unrealistically large city waiting to be ruled. All you need to do is play the game. A word of warning however, once you start, you can't stop.

This is a Primacy game, you are a high level supernatural being or hunter in a position of power in The City. The goal is to take control of The City while preventing others from doing the same. The game is not played at street level, but at city level, meaning you are controlling others who do your bidding for one reason or another. You take on two roles, a "chessmaster" and an "agent." The Chessmaster is the role controlling operations in the city as a whole, directing assets, running politics, and so on. The Agent is the street level role, acting as a normal character in the World of Darkness. Every player MUST own a copy of Damnation City.

Application FormatChessmaster Name
Template
Background
Personality
Physical Description

Agent Name
Template
Background
Personality
Physical Description

NOTE: I'm looking for creative in your apps, something that sets you apart from the others trying to take the city.

Game Description:

Let's play a game. We just happen to have a unrealistically large city waiting to be ruled. All you need to do is play the game. A word of warning however, once you start, you can't stop.

Last edited by Emissary666; Sep 28 '09 at 10:50pm..
Please define 12 dots on assets?

So in.
I've got the time so I should have the information up sometime in the next eight hours.

Assets, Kommissar, are mortals that have a skill set that you particularly require. Think skill-specific contacts and allies fleshed out.
Need a surgeon to fix up a trusted ghoul?
Hey, you can have a 3- or 4-dot asset in Medicine (which uses up 3 or 4 dots of the 12 that Emissary is giving us) who can do that for you without raising undue questions that might lead to a Masquerade breach.

As with skills, the trick is finding the balance between many weak assets and two or three strong ones.

Considering that assets are based on skills, I'm going to assume that purchasing the fifth "asset" dot will cost an extra point, representing that asset's fifth skill dot.

But that part's up to Emissary--I'm just applying logic.

Perhaps we're the local powerbrokers for those particular organizations--though that would require a degree of cooperation during character creation.
Of course, we could all also be Invictus Vampires vying for the position of Prince of the City (or the position of who chooses the Prince of the City).

Though I would like to know if, in the case of a vampire chessmaster and a vampire agent, does the agent have to be the chessmaster's childe?

I'm planning on making my proposed characters as though they were part of an existing power structure (like a Covenant).

If you look above your agent can't be a template unless I am mistaken.

I am very interest, but I doubt myself to be able to win a a city wide chess game.
I will start thinking, But right now I need sleep I got a headache

NOOOOOOOOO I love LordTyriok, JudgeQwerty, Kommissar Engel, and warlock2000 I don't want to kill or be killed by them