Notices

Tales of the Mythos Horrors Recruitment

Old Oct 3 '09, 10:34pm
Hatchling

Tales of the Mythos Horrors Recruitment

Tales of the Mythos Horrors - Forum
Call of Cthulhu
Estimated Members Requested: 4

Hi. I am looking for recruit 3 or 4 players to play in a game of Call of Cthulhu. I will need people who can post often and looking for a more role playing style and storyline. If you got questions, please ask and I will assist anyway I can.

Thank You!

Game Description:

Have you ever wondered what was out there? Have you ever questioned the possibilities of the Universe? What lies beyond the stars? Does it feel you with Hope? Does it bring peace to your mind? Then, what happens when you discover the truth? What happens when you finally understand which man should never know? What happens to those walls of security when the madness and the uncaring torment of "Truth" falls upon your shoulders? What then?

Welcome to the Call of Cthulhu RPG, a Pen and Paper version from the early 20th century horror writer Howard Phillips Lovecraft. Unlike most Pen and Paper RPGs, this game puts you into the lives of ordinary people in the decade of the 1920's. You are ignorant of the truth of the universe and the monstrosities of the Lovecraftian Mythos. Slowly, this viel will be lifted as the truth starts to come clearer. The more mysteries you solve, the more dangerous the world becomes. As best put, you are one person against an awesome and terrifying force where mankind has no hope of stopping, only to prolong the possible and likely demise of the human race by alien creatures and thier strange and powerful science.

This is game is a Horror Mystery, where the game relies more on Role Playing and stopping your adversary, rather than constant rolls of the dice and the common kill and destroy your enemies. The game is meant for thinkers and problem solving. If you like strong storylines, deep terrifying horror, and all around mysterious puzzles, then this is the game for you.

Materials Needed - If you have the Call of Cthulhu v6, then that and the character will all you will need. If not, that is ok. Character creation is simple and I can walk you through it without a problem. I am welcoming all to this game.

Warning - High Mortality Rate is common in this game. I will do my best to keep your characters alive for the first 3 or 4 stories, but accidents do happen and sometimes people make mistakes, though they can be quiet deadly.

Thank You!

A chance to go insane or die? You bet!

What would you be needing from prospective players? Any form of application or selection process we should be aware of?

I'm interested as well though I don't have the CoC book (been meaning to get one, but have always been sidetracked by supplements for Shadowrun and Mutants and Masterminds). All I need to know is the sort of characters I could play.

I'd be interested in playing. I have the 5.6.1 rules, not sure how greatly they differ from the sixth edition.

Thank you. Really there is no specifics on application or selection. Just that you are aware of the game and that you can be on often. I try to be on several hours each day, doesn't mean we have to play, but I will be here. As for characters, I am wanting the game to be based around a magazine who has their own investigation team. Meaning P.I., Authors, Journalist are a major, but professors and such would also be great. I am not limiting your characters to those though. If you have an idea for a character and rather make your own occupation or may want to change them, great ^_^. I will discuss the skills and such. The magazine will be known as Wierd Tales (( Nudge Nudge, Wink Wink ^_- )). If you guys are interested, just post up some character concepts and we will use that as the beginning. PM me and I will also give you my Messenger so we can talk outside of this and I think it will be better for everyone. Just let me know.

Oh, I've been looking for a Call of Cthulhu game for so long! I'll get the book back from the basement right now and start to think about the character concept. Expect PM soon with character and contact info. Thanks!