Firefly/Serenity

Old Oct 6 '09, 5:04am
Zergling

Firefly/Serenity

Out of the Black - Forum
Serenity
Estimated Members Requested: 1

[An Introduction]
Hello, I am running a Firefly/Serenity based game. I need 2-3 reliable players to accompany two friends of mine. They are new to the system, so new players are welcome to join if they have the book and know the general rules. Experienced players are welcome of course too, but don't expect this to be perfect - it's more about the story than the rules.

[Game Master(s)]
I will be running this game for now but a co-GM or someone who would eventually like to take over would be welcome.

[Game Explanation]
Currently we are in the beginning phases of planning the game out and I would like to hear the ideas of those who want to play. Right now, it is decided players will not start with their own ship but instead need to come together somehow as a crew.
No Alliance characters, unless you have good reason to be with the others.

In addition, we will be using a Movie-Director stance style of play...
Players will be privately told events and descriptions that are in their perception if necessary, and have the options to share that with others or not. It will not ALL be private but players will be able to know whats going on in their field and describe it the way they want to others.

[Application Process]
Players should apply here... If you have any questions please make them here. This will be a relatively basic, good o'l serenity game. You need not to apply with a character, but if you have an idea you'd like to play go ahead and tell. I want people who are interested at this moment and want to stick around.

I will accept players until Sunday the 17th.
[Character Creation]
State your concept and interest here, but please don't bother with making a character yet... This game is centered around the crew so everyone should be cohesive with the game setting and other players. I will have a thread in the game regarding character creation details so you should be working together at that time.

[Any additional information or requirements]
I just need interest from people willing to pursue this for a while, and are literate/experienced enough to play a good Serenity game with others and work together.

Game Description:

A serenity/firefly based PbP game currently being set up.

I am new to playing Serenity/Firefly game. However, I am interested in playing. I recently acquired the book and look forward to trying this out.

Concept
Dupree Bachette is a former Browncoat who fought at the Battle of Serenity valley. He is hiring himself out as muscle/gunslinger. He carries two sidearms and can use both at the same time. Additional weaponry includes a rifle and shotgun. He is loyal, has a credo (no one left behind), and a straight shooter. He is also a skirt chaser.

Sounds good to me, I'm sure theirs a lot we can figure out about him and I like the straight-forward concept.

I'd like to mention for all... this is a first-come first-serve, so if the game fills up before time... your out of luck. I'll accept players as we go.

Consider yourself accepted kbrn62.

Shiny

Interest:
I've had the Serenity book for awhile now, but this would be my first chance to actually use it. I'd be most interested in someone ship related (pilot or mechanic/techie). I checked the forum and realize it might be awhile before we get a ship of our own and am cool with that. I'm sure there will be other tasks that my skill set would apply to out in the world. Otherwise, I'm up for whatever is necessary to fill wholes in the crew.

Commitment:
I should be able to post at least once a day for the foreseeable future.

Consider my interest expressed! I'd be interested in playing a doctor/medic type character. Former nobility who threw in with the Browncoats after his family was killed by Alliance early in the unification war. Lemme know if you need any more, my character-creation wheels are already a-turnin'.

Since it looks like there are going to be a lot of newbie players, I am offering my assistance as a Co-GM. I've played in several games here on MW (sadly most don't last that long, hope that won't be the case here) and have GMed games both on this site and in real life. If your interested in my help, jsut drop me a PM and we'll work things out.

Game idea:
Post Reaver scandal: I personally always like to pick it up were Serenity left off with the movie. It's a good staging point to start a new revolution.

Sounds like you already got the 3 you needed, by 2am the day this was posted, no less! (Given that this is first-come, first-served, that is.)

That said, to throw out a concept in case you're still looking:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeruel
Since it looks like there are going to be a lot of newbie players, I am offering my assistance as a Co-GM. I've played in several games here on MW (sadly most don't last that long, hope that won't be the case here) and have GMed games both on this site and in real life. If your interested in my help, jsut drop me a PM and we'll work things out.
I'd gladly take some help as I am new to running Serenity. I'll send you a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pundemic
Consider my interest expressed! I'd be interested in playing a doctor/medic type character. Former nobility who threw in with the Browncoats after his family was killed by Alliance early in the unification war. Lemme know if you need any more, my character-creation wheels are already a-turnin'.
Sounds good. We'll be working out the details in the game forum along with other characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meric
Interest:
I've had the Serenity book for awhile now, but this would be my first chance to actually use it. I'd be most interested in someone ship related (pilot or mechanic/techie). I checked the forum and realize it might be awhile before we get a ship of our own and am cool with that. I'm sure there will be other tasks that my skill set would apply to out in the world. Otherwise, I'm up for whatever is necessary to fill wholes in the crew.

Commitment:
I should be able to post at least once a day for the foreseeable future.
You should be perfectly fine as long as you keep yourself a little varied in your skills. A land vehicle mechanic could always be useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyske View Post
Sounds like you already got the 3 you needed, by 2am the day this was posted, no less! (Given that this is first-come, first-served, that is.)
Yeah.. I should have guessed Serenity would get so much interest. Looks like we have... 6 players, One possible GM and Me. It should be a good crew to start off!

Thanks for applying all, these are closed for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocide Device View Post
Game idea:
Post Reaver scandal: I personally always like to pick it up were Serenity left off with the movie. It's a good staging point to start a new revolution.
Thanks, we will probably use that as it is a good basis.