Notices


Spelunking - Lorem, Joachim, Garak

   
Spelunking - Lorem, Joachim, Garak

As soon as Joachim kicks down the door and Lorem analyzes the situation, he
You're allowed a 5ft-step as long as you dont make any other movements
jumps into the action, letting loose a pair of arrows at the far Hobgoblin. The creature's look of surprise turns into an expression of shock and extreme pain, and he collapses to the ground with an arrow embedded in his neck.
Joachim does the first thing that comes to mind, and charges the Goblin nearest the girl, nearly bowling her over in the process. As she looks up with glazed and tired eyes, the Paladin slashes at her Goblin oppressor,
9 damage
cutting a large gash in the creature's leather armor.

Joachim's charge brings him right into the center off the room, and its occupants converge upon him from all directions. Fortunately, they all seem to have forgotten about the slave-girl for a moment, though all their attacks fail to hurt Joachim.


Joachim having struck down one of the adversaries moves straight on to the next
cleave at the one to his right
cleave:
Dice Roll:
1d20+10 2d6+4
d20 Results: 13 (Total = 23)
d6 Results: 5, 6 (Total = 15)
one. Him in sight he goes frenzy on him slashing all he can out of him before turning to someone else
attack:
Dice Roll:
1d20+10 2d6+4
d20 Results: 16 (Total = 26)
d6 Results: 4, 4 (Total = 12)

possible cleave:
Dice Roll:
1d20+10 2d6+4
d20 Results: 17 (Total = 27)
d6 Results: 3, 5 (Total = 12)
hostile.

"Nice going, Joachim. Nice going..." Now for the another one... The paladin seemed to have just dispatched without problems the goblin he had already targeted, but his fury wasn't finished, seeing that he seemed to have just gone with the flow and attacked another adversair. He, he had a clear shot. He picked two more arrows out of his quiver and shot them at the goblinoid directly in his line of sight.

Subconsciously, though, his mind was going through just how much his proficiency and ability with the bow seemed to have risen very quickly in so little time. The more time passed, the more it felt like a part of himself. Another arm, another finger, another nail. The swiftness with which he had dispatched the hobgoblin before was proof of it.


Now surrounded by three enemies, Joachim does his best to avoid their strikes. Able to dodge two of the creatures, the lone remaining Hobgoblin nonetheless
6 damage
manages to get through, slicing at the Paladin's thick armor.
Angered by the blow, Joachim cuts at the injured Goblin, dropping him to the ground and splashing the poor slave-girl with a burst of dirty blood. Quickly turning his sword to the Orc beside him, his wild arcing swing catches the creature's shoulder,
12 damage
taking out a large chunk as the Orc staggers back in pain.

Back in the doorway, Lorem fires a pair of arrows at the Hobgoblin, watching in satisfaction as one
14 damage
digs into the Hobgoblin's arm, though the creature remains in the fight...


"We have the upper hand. Don't let up, friend!" Lorem focuses again on the magic and the feeling of the bow, grabbing yet two more arrows from his quiver, and aiming to the hobgoblin, focused on ending the battle as soon as possible, grimacing as he saw the poor girl, already disraught, get splashed with goblin blood.


Joachim finds himself almost surrounded. All the better for him. He was used to close combat situations and actually took a vantage not having to move to much. He could just use the swing he was delivering in his aid going for another foe instead. "I'll be alright, they won't!"


Down to only a single enemy each, the pair quickly dispatches them, Lorem's arrows downing the Hobgoblin as Joachim tears apart the Orc. Neither beast manages to strike at Joachim's well-crafted armor, and each dies knowing their death was not a glorious one.

Mere moments after the pair entered the room, the business is done. Blood runs thick along the floor, and a good portion of the walls have been painted crimson, not to mention every occupant, living or otherwise.
Back at the table, the slave-girl has barely moved, her world suddenly rocked by an explosion of violence, blood, and confusion. Eyes glazed over, she merely rolls her head to and fro, scanning the room in a vain search for understanding...

"I am sorry madam to meet under such circumstances." Joachim begins his speach. "We have come here to rescue you and your friends." Joachim wipes of a bit of meat that slowly ran down over his armor. "Again I am terribly sorry for this mess. It seemed a wise thing to do to get rid of this scum before they could ... hurt you any further." Joachim looks around to see if there was some sort of exit other then the way they had come in through. "Say, you would not know of your comrades?" Then the paladin blushes under the mask of red.

Wiping away the blood on his face "But where are my manners, my name is Joachim Laross and this is Lorem ... " he thins for a moment if he can recall the man's second name but failing proceeds "We are but two of a group that came here to rescue both you and a associate of ours. We understand you have been taken against your will on some unworthy deal of kidnapping. Any information you could provide that might aid us in our quest would be appreciated."

"... That was quick, hn?" Lorem walks into the room and then observes their enemies to be sure of their death and notice anything else that could be defined as odd in the room, before turning to Joachim who was trying at the same time to comfort the young girl and get information out of her. "Joachim, please, slow down. I understand your haste, but the poor girl was being mistreated by orcs a minute before and a minute later she was showered in their blood."

Lorem picks out of his backpack his old mantle which he had substituted with the magical one he now donned. He rips out a piece of it and covers the woman with the bigger piece. The smaller piece, no larger than a handkerchief, he wets with water from his waterskin, and then proceeds to clean the poor woman's face from the blood. "Are you alright? Can you understand me? We're here to help you and the other girls."

Dice Roll: 1d20+2
d20 Results: 3 (Total = 5)
Spot Check

Watching Joachim intently as he speaks, the woman is at first wary, recoiling at the rescuer's approach. When it becomes apparent that neither of these two wants to violate her, however, the girl's muscles loosen up, allowing her to regain some semblance of normality, though she still hesitates to speak.

Blinking through spatters of blood, she says nothing to Joachim, merely huddling inside the cape provided her by Lorem. She pulls back momentarily as Lorem approaches with the makeshift tissue, but allows him to clean the blood off her face. Once clean, the girl is actually quite pretty, a thin jawline backed up by dazzling green eyes. Though she is dirty and grimy, nothing can hide true beauty, and it shines radiantly through the caked-on dust and tears.

"I...am ok," she replies, the words coming out as a surprise even to her. Hard to believe that only a couple days ago she was a regular person, compared to the stammering, broken, confused little girl she seemed now.
"But I've been better!" she adds, a brief smile peeking through her expression. In the midst of all the sadness and suffering, the girl had managed to hold onto a fragment of her humanity, her sense of humor...




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status