Notices

Darmon for 4E

Darmon for 4E

Here is my version of Darmon of Creagland, from the Farland stories by our own Agricolus.

Please give comments. Specifically, do his powers fit his role and is he balanced? Note that his powers are based on his exploits from Agricolus' stories.

EDIT: Lacking further critiques, Darmon has been published here. Address future critiques to this version.

I like. The Creagish lad would be proud. He does have the ability to translate and understand Yuan-ti, due to the exchange of blood he had with Nurmm'siss in the Drow dungeons, although for the most part, we don't include the reptilians in gaming (I assume), forgot to mention that.

The tooth is an artifact that he controls, and as per the stories, its power is undefined and, perhaps, a little beyond the scope of most wizardly items. When it was used by the Yuan-ti, it blasted with a force beam; Darmon used it in the barn in Airdbuain (oops, next story) to blast it with wind; it will also be used for other purposes in the final episode.

In all, I'm honored

Oh yeah, duh, of course, the tooth. I will add it to his items, with a little write-up, but it won't affect his abilities, since he can't really control it.

Caber Toss: I'd probably have the bonus damage be a second attack vs. Ref?

Lunging Dragonstrike and Dragon Strike I'd personally combine into a recharge attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnistar View Post
Caber Toss: I'd probably have the bonus damage be a second attack vs. Ref?
You mean on the second target? Not a bad idea.

Quote:
Lunging Dragonstrike and Dragon Strike I'd personally combine into a recharge attack.
The Dragonstrike is really his at will attack. It targets two enemies, since he's an elite. The pummel attack is sort of flavor to fit the stories.

Y'know, you might want to make the tooth react to the whim of a d100, having different effects dependant upon a roll:

d100:00<roll<20 - blast of air
d100:21<roll<40 - searing light

etc.

Lacking further critiques, Darmon has been published here. Address future critiques to that version.