The Pentagram

Old Oct 17 '09, 7:31pm
Alpha Male - Top Dog

The Pentagram

The Pentagram - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 1

The Seer looked into the sky, the formation of the stars seemed different today. No, it was not that... The stars were moving. He tried to look closer, but his poor vision failed him. Straining even more he began to hear the sounds of song, angel song. But not the song which he was used to. It was a rhythmic march. Pounding at every beat. The sound of war. And the vision of war came to the divine seer. Of war between angels and demons. The likes of which would never be seen again, because it would destroy everything.

The King knew within the hour.

Game Master(s)

OK, i am alphaalex by username, but you are allowed to call me Alex. I will be the DM. I am fairly experienced as a player, but am relatively new to the concept of DMing. This is why I am looking for 2 co-DMs. You can apply as a DM if you don't make it into the game, or even apply straight away.

Game Explanation

Well, finally to the interesting bit. The premise of the game is that there are three parties each competing to produce the goals of their leader. Each one is opposed to the other. The parties will not know of each other at first, but eventually they may find each other. The game is about the brewing war between the angels and the demons, and the poor souls caught between. The Gods are powerless in the face of such destruction, they would be killed. But they still grant powers to their worshipers. The three groups are the Human Elite Force from The Kingdom, the Angelic Heroes from the Third Cloud and the Inner Pentagram from the Pit Liege himself. There are five people in each group.

Application Process

First you must post your application in this thread. Secondly you need to roll in this thread. Applications will be accepted until the 1st of November. There are 15 spots open, there will be no more because i think that i will go MAD. I am looking at variety of role as well as quality of application.

Character Creation
What are the rules being used for making characters?

I have most books, and therefore you can take any rules, but if i do not then please summarise the rule. The Character Level is 23 with gestalt, If you can make sheets, but they are not compulsory until the game actually starts. Pictures are a bonus as well. Bonus ability points for attaining levels do count (i.e. you have 5 points to spend). There will be NO psionics. Starting gold is standard for the human forces (which can be any suitable race), 1.5x standard for the angels, and 0.5x standard for the demons. One flaw maximum, and it is not necessary. Hitpoints are max at first level and rolled after that.

Name: Full name, formatted as a link to your sheet, and nicknames, if any.
Team: What team were you wishing to be part of
Race: Race goes here. Duh!
Class(es): Do as the bolded text directs you.
Alignment: Anything that fits, no Lawful Good Demons, or Chaotic Evil Angels please, those of the Kingdom can be of any neutral.

Any additional information or requirements

Post rate should be at least once a day, faster is good, slower is bad. No posts within a week and i take control of your character, for good or bad, i dont care. After one month of inactivity they are killed off. You can always PM me again if you want to make a new character, but don't put your hopes up. I personally usually contribute at least once a day, or at least when needed, but if i don' then one of the co-GMs will shortly take over. This usually boils down to a holiday or something where i do prefer to be away from the PC. If this game does die, then i will attempt to pick up the ashes and restart.

The Ground Rules, to be added to
* Roll stats here
* Gestalt 23/23
* Virtually all material is available (reference/request it for approval or PM the details to me)
* Multiclass XP penalties are being used
* NO psionics
* Starting gold: Kingdom 100%, Angelic 150%, Demonic 50%
* One flaw maximum (optional)
* Max HP at 1st level and rolled normally for all additional levels
* Only 1 Prestige Class at all

A carry on of the last thread which can be found attached to the game

Game Description:

The Stirring

Hell is becoming restless. Whispers are spreading from the pits like a wildfire. There is something big coming, and the angels are worried. The hordes of the banished dead are preparing, and no one is quite sure for what. But there are rumours. Is it Altheria? Or is it Fearn? Or is it something deeper, more sinister?

Hell is becoming restless. The caged pits of this fiery domain are beginning to rattle with the anger of the hordes, they are wearing out. The metal is beginning to rust and bend under the pressure. And the angels overhead are beginning to get frightened. Another war is not what they need. Not with their Lord in the condition that he is now...

Hell is becoming restless.

Last edited by alphaalex; Oct 18 '09 at 9:12am..
I'll work up an evil app too Alphaadam since I know you are short on evil apps.

adam?

yes we are, we need Evil Applications!!! Don't worry about the lack of gold (as there is still a huge amount) because you will not be heading off with the celestials or kingdom at first anyway

Reposting from the previous thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
May I swap out one of my redundant Scribe Scroll bonus feats(my character gets it twice, once from each of her base classes) for the Research feat(ECS page 59)?

yeah sure

Thanks. Should I give my character bonus languages based on her current INT the same way skill points are determined, or based on what her INT would have been at level 1?