Primal Power - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Primal Power

Primal Power

So who has it? Who's waiting for Amazon to get off their lazy butts and send it to you? (raises hand)

What do you think of it? Any revolutionary options or feats for the Shaman, Druid, Warden, and Barbarian?

I like that they added a fluff side to every class, they hadn't done that before. I haven't analyzed it thoroughly, but what I have seen is fun. Not ground-breaking, but really fun.

I bought it on Saturday. I don't like how they don't have any two weapon rages for the whirling barbarian build but whatever. Some of the other stuff (swarm druid) looks pretty cool. And I love all the fluff too.

Neat new builds they came up with all around, I found. I'm particularly interested in trying out the whirling barbarian to see how different it is from the two-weapon ranger. As stated before in thread the fluff stuff is nice for RP reasons. Thought the summoning druid build was a cheap out since it basically says "take any of the other builds but just have summoning powers." Nothing really revolutionary or added like the familiars in AP, or the domains in DP, but there are some new tribal feats (unless they were just copied out of the dragon magazine). Basically its like MP but with more fluff parts.

I do wish the summoning was more than just a use for daily powers. I like summons.

Still, though, it's an awesome book, and my favorite yet! It's good that they started with the fluff, especially with Primal being the most unknown power.

As a note on the fluff, I like how the Primal power source fits in with the pre-existing 4E cosmology. It really feels like it has its own place, as opposed to being stapled on. I really hope the upcoming Shadow and Psionic can keep it up.

And it can't be changed It's really annoying

But my copy JUST came...and Hammie is off to have a delightful read!!