Old Oct 30 '09, 5:35am
Wyrm

Missions from the Guild - Need 1 Replacement

Missions From the Guild - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Ad Closes: Nov 8 '09
Estimated Members Requested: 1

Applications are now closed!

I am looking for 1 replacement player to partner with SalientGreen's character. Here is the original game ad and you can find SalientGreen's app that includes the history of his character. You don't need a full background for now because whoever gets chosen will have to integrate their background with SG's. Just a note, both me and SalientGreen will decide on who gets chosen. I will accept apps up until November 8th midnight Hawaii time. You don't need to have a character sheet finished by that time but I highly recommend getting started on it.

I will expect 1 post every 1-2 days at the least. And please roleplay in your posts. I want thoughts, actions, etc from your character, this is a roleplaying game after all. You'll also need to read through SG's game thread which can be found HERE.

Character Creation
You will be starting at level 10 with 47,000 xp with 2,000 extra for magic items. Those who do not use it get to keep it.
Please no homebrew or anything not in the books listed below as I will not allow it.
Roll 6m4d6v1r1 for stats, if your modifiers are less than +7 then you may reroll.
Max HP at first level and roll all others, reroll the 1's.
You can have 1 trait but no flaws.
You can play anything with a LA +5 or lower that has a "[monster] as Characters" section. No LA buy-off but you will get HD and base saves as I think its quite crappy to have such a high level and very little hp and save mods. If you do choose a creature with LA, please ask in the game forum about it so that I may tell you what to do there.
I'm using the standard pantheon of gods but you may worship another god if you provide good enough reason. (If you do, please tell me which book its from)
Standard gold for Level 10.
We will be using Fractional BAB/saves.

House Rules: 1. No penalties for multiclassing to xp and all classes may multiclass freely (within reason).
2. There are some Prestige Classes that I may not allow so please ask about what your thinking of going into first so you know.
3. You can use Racial classes, the Sub-races, and Bloodlines from UA.
4. Clerics automatically get proficiency with their deities weapon.
5. Animal companions can be any animal one size smaller-bigger than your character with up to 3HD (if not using alternate higher level ones) and familiars must be at least one size smaller than your character with up to 1HD
6. Each region gets its own special attributes, so you'll have to choose what region you are from. More information on the regions can be found HERE including what your bonuses will be.
Please post applications in this thread and roll HERE for stats/HP

Please include the following in your app:
Name:
Race:
Alignment:
Description:
I like pictures, so I highly suggest going over to deviantart.com to get some inspiration but include the artists username under the picture to give proper credit if you do use it.
Personality:
Background:
I would prefer that the background be at least 2 paragraphs long, enough so that I know why the guild would want to invite you into its ranks. You don't have to include YET how you met with Lyzette but you can put down a possible way that you became partners.

Game Description:

You and your partner have long awaited this grand invitation to become a part of the most prestigious guild any adventurer could be a part of, "The Puzzle Hunters Guild." Even though the name seems odd, you know that only the best of the best ever get invited to become members. You and your partner hastily unroll the golden parchment and read it.

"Dear [insert your characters names here],
I would like to congratulate you on proving to be most heroic and surviving all the perils and evil that you may have faced. As you know, The Puzzle Hunters Guild only invites those who have proved themselves against the odds and that we only accept partners. The two of you have indeed done this and so we would like you both to come to our grand ball that we hold at the end of every month to accept your membership in our guild.

It is in the city of Harraz at the guild hall of course. You are not to bring guests as only guild members may walk into our sacred halls. Please dress in your finest as there may be some nobles there to congratulate you for your efforts in destroying evil. Last month we had Queen Ariana of the West Region come. There are tickets inside of the envelope with your names on it. You are to present it at the entrance, after which you will be announced properly.

In case you do not know what our guild stands for and does, I shall inform you. The Puzzle Hunters Guild accepts only highly dangerous and highly mysterious jobs from the public at our many consulting agencies. As a Puzzle Hunter member, your job is to find out (if not already known) what is going on and handle the situation accordingly. Our previous employs have done jobs such as destroy a great wyrm red dragon who had tried to take out every single creature within its mountain range and destroying a massive cult within the bowels of the city Wrin.

I shall see you at the grand ball.

Sincerely,
Nervia Cornall, Head of The Puzzle Hunters Guild.

Posting Rate: Slow (1-3/week)

Last edited by Lilbabe808; Nov 9 '09 at 10:22pm..
I'm curious.. I don't know how much time I have available though..

Is this mostly roleplay not rollplay?

Hey there, I'm really interested in this. I've been away from the Weave for a bit, and lately I've been looking for just the right game to apply for. SalientGreen's involvement being no small part of why i'm interested in this one. I hope you can forgive my leaving you high and dry in the last game I ran, SG.

I'm mulling over some ideas and looking through the threads.

Question: Would you be restarting the whole adventure with a different character, or phasing Raeghar out in-game (possibly by suitably dramatic death scene) and letting Lyzette pick up the new partner as she goes?

Question: Might I persuade you to accept the Mummified template? While the template itself is in Libris Mortis, it is simply an extrapolation of what would be the Core Mummy's "racial features", were it a race. +4 LA.

Let me see if I can field some of these questions, with the obvious caveat that I am NOT the DM/Final Arbiter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contranym View Post
Is this mostly roleplay not rollplay?
So far it's been all roleplay but I suspect LilBabe808's got some surprises for us. If you're wondering whether to optimize to the highest degree, I'd say that's not really necessary. I personally am it for the roleplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cseptr View Post
SalientGreen's involvement being no small part of why i'm interested in this one. I hope you can forgive my leaving you high and dry in the last game I ran, SG.
'Zooks! cseptr! Welcome back! As far as I'm concerned there is nothing to forgive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
Question: Would you be restarting the whole adventure with a different character, or phasing Raeghar out in-game (possibly by suitably dramatic death scene) and letting Lyzette pick up the new partner as she goes?
As far as I know, this hasn't been decided. I've suggested a possibility to Lilbabe that would require some retconning but nothing's final yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
Question: Might I persuade you to accept the Mummified template? While the template itself is in Libris Mortis, it is simply an extrapolation of what would be the Core Mummy's "racial features", were it a race. +4 LA.
Couldn't possibly give you even an inkling as to what Lilbabe would say to this one. Sorry!

FYI, This is Lyzette's original application:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalientGreen View Post
Couldn't possibly give you even an inkling as to what Lilbabe would say to this one. Sorry!
I have a feeling I'm gonna get shot down. Just read the instructions over and realized that it said you can play anything (...) that has a 'monsters as characters' section. Templates don't have those, and the Mummy doesn't have one either.

I think I'm gonna send in an application anyway.

I am interested in the game and have already rolled Attributes. Working on Character soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
I have a feeling I'm gonna get shot down. Just read the instructions over and realized that it said you can play anything (...) that has a 'monsters as characters' section. Templates don't have those, and the Mummy doesn't have one either.

I think I'm gonna send in an application anyway.
You are allowed templates but I won't allow it just because I don't have the book. I honestly wish I had all the 3.5e books but despite them being incredibly cheap online, I lost my job and don't have money to be buying more books. And...I don't know how well the guild would take to accepting a mummified member.

@SG: You can go ahead and make that as what happened. It is entirely up to you whether you want to restart it or just make it so you and your new partner meet up in Antlers. We can just say that you went to accept the membership for you and your partner because your partner had more pressing matters to attend to.

As for SG's answers, if its questions about the game itself, he would know. Unless I say otherwise, he's correct in whatever answer he has given.