I've been wanting to play a Gray elf wizard recently. Would crafting be of any use?
Heroics, Inc - 3.5e Open Ended, Forgotten Realms
Heroics, Inc - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Ad Closes: Nov 12 '09
Estimated Members Requested: 4
See below for game details.
Submissions so far:
1. monkkami - Human monk 6 - COMPLETE APPLICATION
2 Elistan - Poisondusk lizardfolk swordsage 2/warblade 3 - COMPLETE APPLICATION
3. Genuine - Human Crusader 5/Dragon Disciple 1 (Martial Variant) - COMPLETE APPLICATION
4. Coolplayer - Human Paladin 4/Sorceror 2 - COMPLETE APPLICATION
5. mishra - Whisper Gnome Swordsage 6 - NO APPLICATION YET
6. MattMart - Hobgoblin Scout 3/Warlock 2 - COMPLETE APPLICATION
1. EBAY - Cleric 6 - NO APPLICATION YET
2. Thymin - Human Cleric 6 - COMPLETE APPLICATION
3. Tagan - Awakened Druid 6 - COMPLETE APPLICATION
4. Artistshipper - Azurin Cloistered Cleric 6 - COMPLETE APPLICATION
5. Viletta Vadim - Gnome Artificer 6 - COMPLETE APPLICATION
Arcane Magic Users:
1. Goblyn - Human wizard (enchanter) 6 - COMPLETE APPLICATION
2. Takanaki - Earth kobold sorceror 6 - COMPLETE APPLICATION
3. Viletta Vadim - Gnome Artificer 6 - COMPLETE APPLICATION
1. elfshadow - Human rogue 6 - COMPLETE APPLICATION
2. waicokid - Half-drow bard 6 - COMPLETE APPLICATION
3. Artistshipper - Changeling Rogue 2/Incarnate 4 - COMPLETE APPLICATION
4. MattMart - Hobgoblin Scout 3/Warlock 2 - COMPLETE APPLICATION
Game Master: Me, I've been playing DnD since 2e, and have had a few years of PbP/Pbe-mail experience, both as a DM and a player. My games typically tend to be episodic in nature, and are usually about 50/50 in terms of hack n' slash/roleplay. I believe strongly in the simple done well, and am not overly outlandish in my storytelling.
Game Information: In this campaign, you will play the role of a character whose been given an opportunity to join a new trading and acquisitions company, who outsources your unique skillset to various clientele, in an effort to improve the business reputation and collective wealth. Think of yourself as a very active business employee/partner. Your motivation for joining such an endeavour is up to you, be it to make a living, get filthy rich, gain fame, or simply help those in need. This campaign will be set in the Forgotten Realms Setting, with the company taking up residence in the town of Grannoth (a homebrew city), which is located in land of the sword coast, northeast of Scornubel. Within and outside this city, you will take part in all manner of adventure, provided it proves beneficial to the company. You will come across creatures of all manner, ancient dungeons, regional wars, and competing merchant/trading guild conflicts throughout the course of this campaign.
This campaign was conceived, as the result of me sifting through a variety of mini-modules and adventures that I've accumulated over the years. With this backdrop, I can stage much of this material, while maintaining enough flexibility to change direction based on my own and your preferences. This will be fairly open ended, and an ongoing campaign.
Applications: I'm looking for 4 players, who can post at least 4 or 5 times a week. I will be looking for the definitive stereotypical roles - 1 meathshield/frontliner, 1 arcane magic user, 1 healer/diviner, 1 skillmonkey. Now, there are multiple ways to fill these roles in terms of class make-up, but I will be looking for characters that can be classified in these terms. So, ifyou see 12 applicants for the arcane magic user role, I'd suggest applying for a differnt role, to improve your chances of being accepted. In terms of applications, all I need is a character concept (name/race/class), character description, and background. Character sheets are not required at this point. For the purposes of your character's background, assume that he/she is from a different town/region, and have come at the special invitation of Belandrios, the Heroics, Inc. founder. He invited you based on recommendations from your peers or hearings of your exploits.
For the purposes of character concepts, her are the general character creation rules:
Starting level - ECL 6, level adjustment buyouts are permitted.
Abilities - Roll 5d6 six times, drop lowest 2d6 in each roll. Use 34 pt. buy if you are not satisfied with rolls.
HPs - Max at 1st level and every odd level thereafter, Half hit dice + 1 on even levels.
Races, classes, PrCs, Equipment, Feats, Skills, Spells - Anything from any published WotC material with one exception: No psionics. Dragon magazine material approved on a case by case basis. No Homebrew material. Each character will get one free regional feat for free. Select from here.
Starting Gold - Standard for Level 6 per DMG
Crafting - No extra XP for crafting. Craft if you must, but you'll be reducing your starting ECL to 5 once you calculate the XP hit.
Flaws/Traits - Not allowed.
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
Last edited by Nutter Butter; Nov 8 '09 at 4:36am..
Originally Posted by ScrivenerDo we roll here?