Notices

Broken Mountain - Level 1 Dungeon Delve (second run with a twist)

Old Nov 17 '09, 5:28am
Wiggly Wyrm

Broken Mountain - Level 1 Dungeon Delve (second run with a twist)

Broken Mountain Delve - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 4e
Ad Closes: Nov 16 '09
Estimated Members Requested: 5

Going to run my level 1 delve for the second time.

As per my idea in the gaming planning forum (link) I am going to be handing over control of the monsters to other players. For this particular game I am going to be using three of the players that actually participated in the delve the first time around to run all the monsters.

At it's heart it'll be essentially the same delve that they enjoyed though the monsters are being updated (another excuse to use the WOTC Monster Builder)

Looking to fill out a fairly balanced team of five to six character. Would like players that able to post once a day and ideally keep track of the battle so they don't end of only posting once every two days due to initiative order. Players will need to keep track of their own status and hitpoints in their statblocks.

My character application format should be followed as closely as possibly. (link to details and example)

Please note this is a delve were the aim of the game is to survive the three linked encounter. Character death is a real possibility here and no punches will be pulled though I will try to setup up the encounters so they are survivable. Good luck!

The PartyVimkor, Goliath Guardian Fighter (Ashwolf)
Lucan, Elven Archer Ranger (The Masked Rogue)
Ixen, Dragonborn Dragon Sorcerer (Mando Knight)
Goreshade, Revenant Vestige Warlock (Fox)
Toma, Tiefling Illusionist Wizard (Rebnik Talias)
Berzkin, Human Protector Shaman (Tiwaz)

No dice rolling in the ad forum thanks

Game Description:

SettingSix month ago the central peak of the Black Mountains split with a crack that was heard across the entire continent. A mostly stable peace that had held for almost a century was briefly shattered as civilisations blamed each other for causing this event and the terrible atrocities that followed. But the councils, kings and various other leaders have come to the realisation that none of them were being spared the attacks and incursions from the various dark, alien and previously unknown creatures that now plague all their lands. All creatures seem to originate from what is now known as the Broken Mountain.

Armies were gathered but met heavy magical opposition and physical force in the badlands that now surround the mountain. Thunderstorms sprung up, swamps appeared overnight and entire divisions were swallowed by chasms that opened in what were once fair plains. Then hordes of the creatures swept out of hiding and slaughtered the survivors.

Finally the authorities turned to the adventurers that had been tentatively exploring the outskirts and promised great wealth, fame, titles and land to those that could seek to the centre of this mountain and find and destroy the source. From across the lands adventurers gathered in border cities and formed small bands to venture into the badlands. Some bands made it to the broken mountain and found walls of a strange partly transparent slightly luminescent rock with numerous caves leading in.

You are a member of one of those bands.

PremiseA quick setting for what is essentially a series of dungeon delves. Many of the creatures the party will face will be new, though probably almost always just a re-flavouring of creatures from official sourcebooks. All creatures will have types and, though knowledge skills wont represent known information, the correct skill will provide the occasional clue to behaviour.

Goals are simple; survive and defeat the three encounters of the delve. There will be a short rest between each encounter but no extended rests during the delve. Any character or party that chooses to flee will not be seen again. If you so choose you can believe they made it to safety and retired to a happy life.

Delves will be all my creation but based on the experience point totals used in the official dungeon delve supplement. I'll set the scenario and try and make sure it's beatable, but there will be no pulling the punches but also no cheating, I'll try to make sure creatures act logically but I won't explain the logic or strategies I will be using for each creature.

Last edited by Cyco; Nov 21 '09 at 12:10am..
Here's the details of my character for this delve. I've played in one of Cyco's delves before, and it should be fun

Name: Vimkor
Race: Goliath
Class: Fighter (Guardian)

Just noticed how out of date all my application info thread was so have just been busy rewriting it all. (Copied most from my LFR games). Was a bit of a rush job since I posted the ad first... so if there is any contradictory information in there let me know and I'll correct it.

Here we go! An old favorite of mine.

Quarion, Eladrin Warlord
Init +3 HP 24/24 Bloodied 12 Healing Surge 6 (0 used /8)
AC 17 Fort 14 Reflex 14 Will 13 Speed 5
Str 16 (+3) Con 12 (+1) Dex 12 (+1) Int 18 (+4) Wis 8 (-1) Cha 12 (+1)
Wolf Pack Tactics
At-Will Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon

Target: One creature

Special: Before you attack, you let one ally adjacent to either you or the target shift 1 square as a free action.

Attack: Strength vs. AC

Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage.
Increase damage to 2[W] + Strength modifier at 21st level.
Wolf Pack Tactics,
Commander's Strike
At-Will Martial, Weapon

Attack: An ally of your choice makes a melee basic attack against the target

Hit: Ally’s basic attack damage + your Intelligence modifier.
Commander's Strike,
Warlord's Favour
Encounter Martial, Weapon

Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier damage. One ally within 5 squares of you gains a +2 power bonus to attack rolls against the target until the end of your next turn.
Warlord's Favour,
Lead the Attack
Daily Martial, Weapon

Hit: 3[W] + Strength modifier damage. Until the end of the encounter, you and each ally within 5 squares of you gain a power bonus to attack rolls against the target equal to 1 + your Intelligence modifier.

Miss: Until the end of the encounter, you and each ally within 5 squares of you gain a +1 power bonus to attack rolls against the target.
Lead the Attack,
Fey Step
Encounter Teleportation
Move Action Personal

Effect: Teleport up to 5 squares.
Fey Step,
Inspiring Word
Encounter (Special) Healing, Martial
Minor Action Close burst 5 (10 at 11th level, 15 at 21st level)

Special: You can use this power twice per encounter, but only once per round. At 16th level, you can use inspiring word three times per encounter.

Target: You or one ally in burst

Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an additional 1d6 hit points.
The amount of additional hit points regained is 2d6 at 6th level, 3d6 at 11th level, 4d6 at 16th level, 5d6 at 21st level, and 6d6 at 26th level.
Inspiring Word
Notes Notes:

Racial: Languages: Common, Elven
Skill Bonuses: +2 Arcana, +2 History.
Eladrin Education: You gain training in one additional skill selected from the skill list in Chapter 5.
Eladrin Weapon Proficiency: You gain proficiency with the longsword.
Eladrin Will: You gain a +1 racial bonus to your Will defense. In addition, you gain a +5 racial bonus to saving throws against charm effects.
Fey Origin: Your ancestors were native to the Feywild, so you are considered a fey creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.
Fey Step: You can use fey step as an encounter power.
Trance: Rather than sleep, eladrin enter a meditative state known as trance. You need to spend 4 hours in this state to gain the same benefits other races gain from taking a 6-hour extended rest. While in a trance, you are fully aware of your surroundings and notice approaching enemies and other events as normal.

Race Features:
COMBAT LEADER
You and each ally within 10 squares who can see and hear you gain a +2 power bonus to initiative.

Tactical Presence
When an ally you can see spends an action point to make an attack, the ally gains a bonus to the attack roll equal to one-half your Intelligence modifier.

INSPIRING WORD
Using the inspiring word power, warlords can grant their comrades additional resilience with nothing more than a shout of encouragement.

EDIT: Ooo...should have formatted that.

Drat, I was hoping on a possible slot on the monster's side.

Ah, well, I'll see if I can't whip up a good PC here instead, then.

Here we go...

Name: Ixen Vorastrix
Race: Dragonborn
Class: Sorcerer (Dragon Magic)

Attached Images
File Type: png Class_DragonbornRogue.png (144.9 KB, 0 views)

Application

Name:Aleus
Race:Tiefling
Class:Deceptive Warlock-Fey Pact

Oops, sorry guys, I'm going to edit my post because I was slack and put my statblock in. I'm going to use the real format!

OK, here goes!

Name: Lucan
Race: Elf
Class: Ranger

Anything wrong with the format, please let me know and I will correct it.
Attached Images
File Type: png 80.png (14.3 KB, 0 views)

Format is fine, first to meet the requirements. Hence next to be accepted.

Not a complicated game to get in really. Just meet the application requirements and aim for a role that is required for the group.

Party so farVimkor the Goliath Guardian Fighter (Ashwolf)
Lucan the Elven Archer Ranger (The Masked Rogue)