General OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
The size of the '304 class (is it BC- or DSC-, anyway?) seems to be a subject of some dispute; a quick Google has, on the same results page, 335, 450 or 700 meters!

Given that one is supposed to fit neatly inside the "hole" in a 11.5-km Wraith Hiveship, that might give some clues...
So, "really stinking big" will work for our purposes?

Quote:
Also, not that it matters, but looking at that drawing, there should be additional Asgard beam weapons under the "wings" for the 302 bays - if the shots in "Enemy at the Gate" were right about where those beams were coming from...the location in the diagram works for the shots in "Be All My Sins Rember'd", though. [/Geek]
I'm sorry, that does not stop your [geek] tag. Read on:

Quote:
Questions: is Hammond fitted with the 'bomb bay' a la Apollo? Do we have Horizon? Is it salvagable?
I am fairly geeky, but I got nuttin' for those last two.

Quote:
And we need a ship/team motto. I propose the following:
(with props to Meat Shield for giving me the idea )
You're welcome.

Quote:
"To explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where plenty of snakes have gone before - and kill them."
Didn't Sheppard try to name the old Ancient battleship the Enterprise?

Quote:
...of course, that might better fit the USS Jack O'Neill.
Love MacGuyver's expresion when Sam told him about the name of the ship and how she blew it up!

Yup, it's a Big Honkin' Space Ship!

*proudly wears his Stargate Geek tag*

Horizon was the MIRV weapon Apollo used in "First Strike".

And McKay didn't let Sheppard get that far.

ya! Either Jack or Mitchell wanted to... but someone (Sam I think) was like "no we cannot name the ship the enterprise..." Now that I think about it I think it was Jack reffering to Prometheus.

yep he was referring to prometheus an it was indeed Sam who told jack! one of Jack's great ideas I'd say, after all every 'type' of ship be it water based or air has had an 'Enterprise' they should have a spacey one! (for real...I mean really real and not just treky real.... )

Sam said it, but some one else said no.

Then what did Sheppard want to call the ship that eventually became the Orion? Could have sworn it was Enterprise....

Jack did try to get Prometheus named "Enterprise", but...

*rummages around in the transcripts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis S2E19 'Inferno'
McKAY: And I have, uh, discovered the ship's name. (He looks at his computer tablet.) It's the, um, Hippaforalkus.

SHEPPARD: The what?!

McKAY: Yeah, well, it appears to have been named after an Ancient general ... Hippaforalkus.

SHEPPARD: Well, we're not calling it that!

McKAY: Oh good, then what about, um ...

SHEPPARD: And we're *not* calling it the Enterprise either!

McKAY: I wasn't gonna say that! Look, for my *second* choice, though, I'd go with, um ...

SHEPPARD: How about we name it later?

McKAY: Fine.

Darnit! I knew Sheppard said Enterprise in there somewhere but not like that....withdrawing my geek accreditation now

Because my train of thought is a runaway, I thought of I think a better motto for the Hammond and her crew:

One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will;
To strive, to seek, to find,

And not to yield.

lol I think it still stands, relatively speaking compared to the ave joe we are all ultra geeks for playing!