Notices

General OOC

State of the Fleet

Sleep-deprived musings on my part on how the Tau'ri fleet in this particular branch of the 'Verse might have evolved, seeing as how there's a continued/expanded Ori threat etc.

Death Glider
Many Death Gliders are in Tau'ri possession, however due to the risk of callback programmes none are used operationally.

Al'kesh
Earth possesses a number of Al'kesh acquired through means fair and fowl; the number is usually around a half-dozen, and they are mostly used for defense of the Alpha Site.

Ha'tak
No motherships captured by Earth seem to survive very long; none are currently possessed or in use.

---

Puddle Jumpers (Gateships)

A large number of Ancient Gateships (Puddle Jumpers) are in use by the Tau'ri, primarily in Pegasus, however approximately a dozen are kept in the Milky Way Galaxy for utility purposes.

"Aurora" class Battleships

Completed:
1. USS Orion - acquired 2005 - destroyed 2006

---

X-301

Single prototype, lost due to callback programme in salvaged Death Glider software.

F-302

Standard Earth interceptor. Used in large quanities by all ships and countries.

BC-303

Light battlecruiser, carries 8 F-302.
Earth's first true starship, and an experimental design; constructed at Area 51; superceded by the BC-304, but has been revived and production facilities transfered to Woomera Range, Autralia for use by IOA nations.

Completed:
1. USS Prometheus - completed 2002 - destroyed 2005 (USA)

Under Construction:
2. HMAS Anzac (Aus/NZ)
3. HMS Renown (UK)
4. HMS Repulse (UK)

BC-304

Heavy battlecruiser-carrier, carries 8-16 F-302.
Produced in two 'flights', the later ships featuring additional capablity and refinements.
Produced at Area 51; production to switch to IOA/FMS procurement as BB-305 class becomes available.

Completed (Flight 1):
1. USS Daedalus - completed 2004 - operational (USA)
2. RFSS Korolev - completed 2005 - destroyed 2005 (RUS)

Completed (Flight 2):
3. USS Odyssey (04-3865) - completed 2005 (USA)
4. USS Apollo - completed 2006 (USA)
5. PLASFS Sun Tsu - completed 2008 (CHI)
6. USS George Hammond (ex-Phoenix) - completed 2009, presumed destroyed 2009 (USA)

Under Construction (Flight 2):
7. USS Hercules (USA)
8. RFSS Gagarin (RUS)
9. HMS Nelson (UK)
10. USS Thor (US)

Projected:
11. MN Richelieu (FRA)
12. EUSS(?) Europa (EU)

BB-305

((I like this concept. ))

Under Construction:
1. USS Hyperion (USA)

Projected:
2. USS Alliance (USA)

I want that last one to be the ship that rescues us eventually. I can haz cool battleship plz? Kthnx.

...and I need sleep!

I am sorry for the lag of progress on my part with the character but I have run into some problems. I had hoped to have it finished up by today but I've been unable to finish the background as I can't seem to get my head around it. So I'll sleep on in and try again tomorrow.

Sorry.

Yes, Eileen knows she's the only senior officer neither missing nor dead, and the rest of the crew has figured it out. Security and triage teams have swept the habitable sections of the ship, marked off safe boundaries, and hauled the wounded up to the infirmary for treatment. Amy Rose is pretty busy...

Thanks, thought I'd ask since you know what they say about assuming.

Eileen (as she's figured out) has a moderate concussion, but she'll have to be dragged away to the Infirmary to get it treated. She's stubborn like that.

oooh a habitual planet we're saved! what could be more innocent than that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
Hey, MS. You mentioned something about how Klaus von Wulfenbach is responsible for Earth's first home-grown energy weapon, right?
...does that mean he's responsible for that monstrosity Vala tries to take with them at the start of Continuum?
Actually I was thinking of beam weapons equivalent to the ship mounted ones on the Goa'uld motherships whose names escape me at the moment. Much weaker than Asgard beam weapons, but quite impressive using only Earth tech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchwolf View Post
oooh a habitual planet we're saved! what could be more innocent than that!
No, a "habitual" planet would look like British Columbia. A "habitable" planet is one we can live on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat Shield View Post
Actually I was thinking of beam weapons equivalent to the ship mounted ones on the Goa'uld motherships whose names escape me at the moment. Much weaker than Asgard beam weapons, but quite impressive using only Earth tech.
Ahh, I see. I guess that means Lee and Felger were responsible for the X-699.

I've been pondering that Earth should be working on a 'bomber' type, something in between an F-302 and an Al'kesh, maybe they might be the main weapons for that?

Oh, and the motherships are Ha'taks.

Quote:
No, a "habitual" planet would look like British Columbia. A "habitable" planet is one we can live on.
Eileen bets a hundred the planet will have trees!