Notices

4E: Lord of Lust

4E: Lord of Lust

Okay, please critique the next Lord of Sin. Note that his "Looks that Kill" ability is an immediate reaction when damaged by an attack (the monster builder won't let me out that).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lust.jpg (125.9 KB, 0 views)

Any 4E experts want to vet this for my next update?

what program do you use?

I used WOTC's Adventure Tools, but when I publish it on my site, I program it using HTML.

Let's see...

Stunned(save ends) is a pretty powerful at-will condition, but since it does require two hits, it's probably fine.
Charming Kiss really doesn't need two attack rolls, in my opinion. Since it can only affect one PC at a time, said PC can simply move away, making it a relatively weak standard action.
Dominate should probably have the single target limitation that Charming Kiss has; otherwise, the Lord of Lust's best option every round is to use Dominate three times.
Looks that Kill seems to be marked with a ranged power notation, yet it has no range; it probably should either have none(and work at any range, with no provoking) or it should have a range and not provoke.
I assume the Standard on Petulant Protection is an artifact of MB.

All in all, it's a pretty powerful solo, as long as it has allies that can actually dish out damage on the crippled PCs. Stunned, Dominated, and Immobilized out of melee reach are a host of powerful abilities, and the Lord of Lust can do all of them(all at once). I can see this being a challenging encounter...but not necessarily fun; anyone who's stunned for a long duration tends to feel a bit left out, as they are essentially out of the combat. There's really not much of a way to rectify that, though.

I have a question. Is Charming Kiss intended to be long term domination if it lasts until the end of the encounter? If so, the power description as written doesn't really indicate that. I realize encounter powers are not intended to be the same as spells were under old rulesets, but it seems like that was your intent. As it reads right now, the target simply can not attack the Lord of Lust and if standing right beside must protect him. That's not really a very scary thing to have done to you for a day. I'm not sure what the solution might be but it jumped out at me as something that didn't quite work. As for the rest, he looks quite scary. I agree with Sith though. I'm not sure ths would be a very fun fight for the players. Maybe if there was a Dreadnought or two.

Thanks for the comments, gents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithobi1 View Post
Let's see...

Stunned(save ends) is a pretty powerful at-will condition, but since it does require two hits, it's probably fine.
I could make it dazed, maybe with an after effect of immobilized for one round. What do you think of that?

Quote:
Charming Kiss really doesn't need two attack rolls, in my opinion. Since it can only affect one PC at a time, said PC can simply move away, making it a relatively weak standard action.
I think it is the succubus' normal attack, isn't it?

Quote:
Dominate should probably have the single target limitation that Charming Kiss has; otherwise, the Lord of Lust's best option every round is to use Dominate three times.
Good point.

Quote:
Looks that Kill seems to be marked with a ranged power notation, yet it has no range; it probably should either have none(and work at any range, with no provoking) or it should have a range and not provoke.
Nice catch. I think it should be range=line of sight.

Quote:
I assume the Standard on Petulant Protection is an artifact of MB.
Yes, yes it is.

Quote:
All in all, it's a pretty powerful solo, as long as it has allies that can actually dish out damage on the crippled PCs. Stunned, Dominated, and Immobilized out of melee reach are a host of powerful abilities, and the Lord of Lust can do all of them(all at once). I can see this being a challenging encounter...but not necessarily fun; anyone who's stunned for a long duration tends to feel a bit left out, as they are essentially out of the combat. There's really not much of a way to rectify that, though.
Funny how my first attempts are usually weak. I agree on stun though-- it can be very boring. Maybe my suggestion above could rectify that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firkraag
I have a question. Is Charming Kiss intended to be long term domination if it lasts until the end of the encounter? If so, the power description as written doesn't really indicate that. I realize encounter powers are not intended to be the same as spells were under old rulesets, but it seems like that was your intent. As it reads right now, the target simply can not attack the Lord of Lust and if standing right beside must protect him. That's not really a very scary thing to have done to you for a day. I'm not sure what the solution might be but it jumped out at me as something that didn't quite work. As for the rest, he looks quite scary. I agree with Sith though. I'm not sure ths would be a very fun fight for the players. Maybe if there was a Dreadnought or two.
Yeah, I took charming kiss directly from the Succubus, since LOL is a male succubus (an incubus). Good point about the stun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farland View Post
I could make it dazed, maybe with an after effect of immobilized for one round. What do you think of that?
I think Stunning is the correct power level...but not necessarily the correct effect. What about..."the target makes an at-will or charge attack of the Lord of Lust's choice against an ally within range at the beginning of its turn" in addition to being dazed? That way, the PCs still get to do something, but is attacking someone...It'd be a bit like pseudo domination.
Quote:
I think it is the succubus' normal attack, isn't it?
Yeah, but I've never seen it be very useful unless the PC in question decides to stick around. You really have to hit with three attacks(1 vs AC, 2 vs Will) in order to make it stick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithobi1 View Post
I think Stunning is the correct power level...but not necessarily the correct effect. What about..."the target makes an at-will or charge attack of the Lord of Lust's choice against an ally within range at the beginning of its turn" in addition to being dazed? That way, the PCs still get to do something, but is attacking someone...It'd be a bit like pseudo domination..
An interesting idea. How about something like:

If LOL hits with both attacks, the target is dazed (save ends). After effect: The target makes a melee basic attack against itself as a free action."

Actually, I think the target should be dazed until the end of LOL's next turn. Can you have an after effect on an effect that doesn't take a save?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farland View Post
An interesting idea. How about something like:

If LOL hits with both attacks, the target is dazed (save ends). After effect: The target makes a melee basic attack against itself as a free action."
I really like the LoL causing infighting instead of self injury, but it's your call.

Quote:
Actually, I think the target should be dazed until the end of LOL's next turn. Can you have an after effect on an effect that doesn't take a save?
Yes, c.f. Dragons' Frightful Presence.