New GM Needed

Old Nov 23 '09, 3:44am
Zergling

New GM Needed

Out of the Black - Forum
Serenity
Ad Closes: Nov 22 '09
Estimated Members Requested: 1

Hi, I am the current head-GM of the game Out of the Black for a Serenity game. (Not to be mixed up with Out in the Black). I would like a new Head-GM to take my place, while I will revert to a character in the game. I will brief whoever wants to be the GM on what has happened and some points of interest, but the game and how plots unfold will be in your hands.

This is a good active group of 6 characters (7 if including me). Pretty greenhorn start, but they're building up quickly. They do not have a ship, but that is an option they should have available to them soon. They have just finished their first little adventure which has put them together, and do have a place to start the next part.

Any interested GM's should have a good knowledge of the rules (more than I did at least), be able to guide the group but also be flexible enough to let them do what they want and never railroad them. Post your interest here and a little bit more, like if you have GMed a game before and send me a PM.

Game Description:

A serenity/firefly based PbP game currently being set up.

Would the players object to going entirely freeform?

Well as it is, the players just rescued a few teenaged girls and a local corrupt thug-boss. They're now laying low, but have a strong connection to rescue two girls who they did not manage to save. They're only clue is, they're last shipped off to a man named Wilson in the Eavesdown Docks. A few weeks or months have passed and it's time to go see what the group can do, and maybe one day track down and save the two other girls.

It would be best if you could follow up what they have right now as it is many of their personal goal.

You can check out each characters motives/background here;
http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=78022

You can check out the forum here,
http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdis...14819&tg=10127

That wasn't my question, really. Picking up your current storyline and running with it is rather easy for me to do. I've been a driving force in many games by building off of the original GM's story and settup. What I'm asking is if the players would be comfortable shedding the dice system in use. I'm sure they have a pretty good idea of what their characters are capable of or not at this point, and I find the freeform system to be vastly more lenient for story.

If you need an example of what I mean and my playing style, have a look here: http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14853

TC:

So basically, you want somebody to run the game the way you want to run it, without you having to actually run it yourself?

Yes, I'd be curious to know why you no longer want to GM the game but still have the time to partake as a player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechwarrior5
Yes, I'd be curious to know why you no longer want to GM the game but still have the time to partake as a player.
Mostly because I feel I'm not too competent at the at it, and for the amount of time it takes to respond to all the players and double-check up rules, it runs into more than I always have. It is much easier when you know your own character inside-out and for me, a lot funner. I thought this would be a good transition point

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillTheGreat
TC:

So basically, you want somebody to run the game the way you want to run it, without you having to actually run it yourself?
TC?
I do not want a GM to run the game as I want it, I merely want a smooth transition. What is wrong with asking that they take what has happened before and are free to twist and change it to what they want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase
That wasn't my question, really. Picking up your current storyline and running with it is rather easy for me to do. I've been a driving force in many games by building off of the original GM's story and settup. What I'm asking is if the players would be comfortable shedding the dice system in use. I'm sure they have a pretty good idea of what their characters are capable of or not at this point, and I find the freeform system to be vastly more lenient for story.
I see, I wasn't familiar with that. I'll see what they think

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonAtom
I'll look over the stuff and think about it, then get back to you tomorrow or Wednesday.
Thanks for your time

I think it should also be said that I myself am currently Co-GMing this game. I would take over as Head GM, but I have my own games and characters to run. Anyone taking over this game will have me to back them up; I can run combat and if informed enough, the story whenever the players are online, but the GM isn't. I can also provide advice and rules reference.

Hey,
So, I'm thinking that it would be a bit too much for me to pick up right now, what with needing to refresh my system knowledge and pick up the characters an' what's goin' on in the game as finals are looming, so I'm gonna have to back out. Sorry, and best of luck to ya!