Nightfall - 3.5 Gestalt - E6 - City Campaign - Vampire PCs

Old Nov 23 '09, 5:48am
All the leaves have fallen...

Nightfall - 3.5 Gestalt - E6 - City Campaign - Vampire PCs

Nightfall - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Ad Closes: Nov 22 '09
Estimated Members Requested: 5

The room is very dimly lit, the only source of light for the entire room is the fireplace at the far end. Nonetheless, you can see everyone present quite clearly with your supernatural eyesight.

You stand at the head of a conference table with a group of your peers. Seated at the table are a group of men and women, their gaze possessing of an intensity that still makes you shudder, even after all you've been through. Once of the group draws your gaze far more than the others: your master; your creator. Ever since your first meeting you've had an unnatural obsession with him/her. Now that obsession is undying and total. Even the slightest smile fills you with pride, though your intelligence knows that this is wrong. Your wisdom knows this will soon fade.

Those seated, in turn, defer to a wizend, ancient man who sits at the table's head. In body, he seems to have been around for untold centuries. When he turns his gaze upon you, you fear it could strike you dead. Although he seems frail, and speaks in but a mere whisper, the power he radiates is awe-insporing.

"For too long has Nightfall been without our presense," notes the ancient one, as he looks upon your group. "Two centuries ago, the city purged itself of all that is dark, all that is powerful. For two centuries the city has grown and matured, but cracks are now starting to appear in their perfection. Nightfall has reached the point where those who govern it are not all-powerful. There are chinks in their holy armor. And so now is the time for us to make our return. But we will do so with subterfuge and careful planning. We will not give away who we are, or what we plan, until it is too late."

He gestures toward the group, and you feel a shudder down to your soul. "You were all chosen for this task. You who once were from Nightfall, but left to pursue other goals. You will be the opening move into restoring our power in that city. Success will bring unimagined wealth, power, and prestige. Success would bring you my... gratitude." here the old man smiled, clearly showing the two elongated fangs which seemed razor sharp.

Then his smile vanished, and he gaze became piercing, "Failure brings you the most painful death I Can imagine. Do. Not. Fail."

He turns his gaze away from you... and you know you are dismissed.

----------------------------

Game Master: Me.

Number of players: 5 (with my standard 6th spot reserved for Passiontiger)

Game Explanation: Lets break this down.

1. This is a a city campaign, set in the homebrew city of Nightfall, based off of an old map of 16-th century London I discovered. Please do not misinterpret "city" as "urban". There will be plenty of non-urban areas to explore and / or exploit.

2. This is an E6 game

3. You are gestalt with the vampire template.

4. This is classified as a "sandbox" game. Which means that there is no set adventures which I am running, and not storyline that I will force you to follow. You can do whatever you want to do... although some things might lead to the NPCs killing you off.

5. You will not be required to remain in a group. The character will all know each other, but you can run off and do your own thing in private threads. If you want.

Game Plot:
You are all recently-raised vampire... so recent, in fact, they're you're not technially dead yet. You've been sent by your masters to Nightfall, where a group of paladins 200 years ago rid the city of just about everything un-paladin. But the city has grown significatnly i nthe last 200 years, and there are places where evil are starting to "sneak in" and seek their own goals. The characters were chosen because they were originally from the city, but left for their onw reasons. You really don't get much say in the matter... so you can either play the person forced into the issue, or the evil person looking to increase their own power.

Application Process
The following will be posted in this thread... and in private tags. Even through your're knwon to each other, and technically working together, you are allow a little in-fighting between each other for position et al.

Name:
Class:
Level:
Personality:
Appearance:
Background

Character Creation

Stats: 32 point buy.

Race: Standard PHB races, subraces are acceptable as long as they "fit in" with a lawful good, mostly human/demi human society. That means no goblins, no drow, etc.

Class: Anything outside ToB.
- Fighter House Rules: Gain a feat every level, and while they keep their 2+int skill points, they get all skills.

Level: 4

Vampire Savage Progression: You can find it here:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20030824a

Vampire House Rules: The progression listed ablve is now a 7 level progression. Levels 6 and 7 are combined into 6. Level 7 you gain with your first 5,000xp

Vampires no longer have create spawn or creatures of the night as abilities, hence the drop in LA.

Anything Else
As this is a sandbox game, ideas and suggestions can be added as needed.

Posting expectations: 1/day minimum. the DM tends to be a little more lax on Fri/Sat, as I spend time with my family, but I check at least once each day.

Apply by: Dec 7th.

E6? What happened to E8 Vamps?
Interested, of course.

Standard PHB races, so Elf looks the most appealing. Why no ToB again?

Im somewhat interested, Skeptical about E6...

I decided on E6 rather than E8, because I wanted to remove two powers from the vampire template, so they weren't 8 anymore.

Since the only E6 game I have played in...your in fact Wippit, is level one I wouldn't mind playing at a slightly higher level and seeing how the system works with the gestalt idea

Um, I have a question. With E6 gestalt, would that translate into two feats per 5k xp? And E6 means as soon as you hit your first level 6, you stop advancing, period, right? You wouldn't have something like vampire/ninja 6//rogue 6/fighter 6.

Regardless, this sounds mighty interesting. Need to figure out what I would like to apply as.

Very very interested Wippit.

Couple questions. Are you using any of the recommended E6 homebrew feats after reaching 6th level? Any of the Bonus power ones that let wizards gain access to higher spells etc? (Basically is this E6 + feats that power up or E6 with limitations)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishra View Post
E6? What happened to E8 Vamps?
Interested, of course.

Standard PHB races, so Elf looks the most appealing. Why no ToB again?
My guess is because Single target attacks become extremely powerful. Crusader with life hits becomes pretty amazing on top of a lot of the other utility you can take.

Posting interest.
Does the drop of the create spawn feature mean that spawn slavery is not in effect?

Also, do we use standard wbl, and roll for hp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allucard View Post
Skeptical about E6...
The reason I'm going with E6 is that, if the levels get too high in a city campaign, you end up destroying everything in it rather instantly. And i want this to be a little more realistic... I know, realism with vampire PC's, but still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruen View Post
Um, I have a question. With E6 gestalt, would that translate into two feats per 5k xp? And E6 means as soon as you hit your first level 6, you stop advancing, period, right? You wouldn't have something like vampire/ninja 6//rogue 6/fighter 6.
You only get 1 feat at the level, because you get it for being that level... a gestalt 3/3 is still only level 3. Mind you, if one side was a bonus feat, like fighter, you'd get that feat as well.

But it doesn't really apply to this game, since the gestalt side is just the vampire template. You'll gain the 3 bonus vampire feats you get during the savage progression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
Couple questions. Are you using any of the recommended E6 homebrew feats after reaching 6th level? Any of the Bonus power ones that let wizards gain access to higher spells etc? (Basically is this E6 + feats that power up or E6 with limitations)
All the bonus feats in the wiki are acceptable. Since you can't multi / prestige class to gain access to them, they're a reward for sticking with your core class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono Shinobi View Post
Posting interest.
Does the drop of the create spawn feature mean that spawn slavery is not in effect?
it's in effect... it's somewhat why you're in the city to begin with. But it won't be a factor, unless you start plotting to kill your master.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono Shinobi View Post
Also, do we use standard wbl, and roll for hp?
Yeah, standard wealth. HP is max 1st, 3/4's after that. Want to keep it a bit higher since, at level 6, you lose your con bonus.