Weapon Enhancement Bonuses - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Weapon Enhancement Bonuses

Weapon Enhancement Bonuses

Where does it explain what Weapon(or Implement) Enhancement bonuses get added to?

Does it only apply to Weapon Damage Rolls like Tide of Iron 1w+Str+Enhancement? What about Cleave 1w+Str+Enhancement and Str+Enhancement to adj. enemy? If I have Weapon Focus Great Ax, a +1 Great Ax and 16 Strength will it be 1d12+3(Str)+1(Focus)+1(Enhancement) to main target and +3(Str)+1(Enh)+1(Foc) to adj. enemy?

I'm inclined to say just 1d12+5 to primary and 3 to secondary, but have no rules to back it up.

What about Implement Powers, Do I get to add Implement bonuses to tertiary abilities like Avengers AW from Divine Power 'Bond of Censure' on a hit pull target (Int mod.) towards you, if target ends adjacent to you, target takes 1d10 radiant. Will Astral Fire and a +2 Implement effect this power, making it 1d10+3 if it ends adjacent?

I can keep throwing random examples out, but I don't recall any rules saying anything conclusive. Any ideas? Sorry if this is really basic.

If the power deals damage, and it uses your weapon, you add your enhancement bonus to the damage. If the power uses your implement, you add your implement's bonus. So, yes on both of those.

EDIT: Whoops, made a minor mistake. The extra damage from cleave isn't rolled, so it isn't added. Only damage rolls get the enhancement bonus.

The secondary effect of cleave is not a damage roll, it's flat damage. You only add the enhancement bonus to damage rolls.

Ouch! Then the Invoker At Will power Grasping Shards would be a VERY poor choice... it only adds its Wisdom Modifier as radiant damage to targets hit in the burst... why does WotC hate Invokers? At least Invokers get to Add 1d10 to it in Epic levels, so they can finally benefit from the other half of the Enhancement bonus. Where did you see the rule for the rolling BTW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefish View Post
Ouch! Then the Invoker At Will power Grasping Shards would be a VERY poor choice... it only adds its Wisdom Modifier as radiant damage to targets hit in the burst... why does WotC hate Invokers? At least Invokers get to Add 1d10 to it in Epic levels, so they can finally benefit from the other half of the Enhancement bonus. Where did you see the rule for the rolling BTW?
Invokers aren't meant to do pure damage. Grasping Shards is a good power because of the status effect, and the fact that it's an area attack (clears minions).

It's comparable to, say, a wizard's chilling cloud. It's still pretty good against minions, and slowing can help keep a few enemies from reaching your group at the start of a fight. Controllers don't do as much damage as other classes, since their powers tend to focus more on dealing status effects to enemies, generally making it easier for your allies to hurt them (or else keeping them from hurting your allies as easily).

Invokers don't have the game-changing dailies that wizards get, but on the other hand, they have a lot more powers that specify "enemies in burst" rather than "creatures in burst," which means you can use them more easily without worrying about catching your allies in the area of effect.

FYI: The rules on magic weapons state that their enchancement bonuses apply to Damage rolls. They're in the PHB1

Grasping Shards is a powerful control power, and it gains a d10 at epic level so its not that bad.

Love your control . If you want damage, get a sorcerer instead.

The bond of censure does add the enhancement, and the enhancement definitively adds to the hit roll of Astral Power.