Old Dec 16 '09, 5:37pm
Great Wyrm

Refilling: Here and There

Here and There - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 4e
Ad Closes: Jan 1 '09
Estimated Members Requested: 4

Here and There

Here and There is (currently) a dungeon delve style game. The PCs are from a high-tech high-fantasy world and are exploring a stone and brick tower owned by the international Intellimotion Corp. The tower is infested with the reanimated remains of some sort of lizard race. The players are racing to the top of the tower to destroy a "generator" that is letting the undead through into this world.

The game may take some twists and turns from there. The high tech part will fade out.

This game was originally started by Eaglewing and I was asked by the current players to step up as a replacement DM.

Desired characters The party needs a defender and a leader -- would be willing to consider up to two additional wildcard characters of any role.

Character submission guidelines DND 4e characters generated using 22 pt buy (any of the PHB methods). Advance them to 2nd level, give them one magic item of level 1-3, 100 gold pieces for mundane equipment. Any of the standard races and classes are acceptable. That means published books (with the exception of the Dragon Annual). Monster races and play test material may be accepted, ask in the discussion thread. Select a background benefit as per the PHB2.

Application should include A link to a fully populated Myth-Weavers character sheet. The characters stat block. A brief background and history of the character, a description of the characters personality, mannerisms, and appearance. Please arrange, as seems to be the style here on myth-weavers, for the stat block to color-code or otherwise designate your at-will, encounter, daily, and item powers.

Selection Criteria I'm looking for fun character concepts and solid writing skills. I may also look at your posting history here on myth-weavers.

Game Pace I'd like players who can post if not every day then every couple of days. PbP is a marathon not a sprint. Real life is understood to take precedent over game play (and does for me as well) so occasional delays are no problem. When you can please let me know ahead of time (there is a thread for this purpose in the game forum). I reserve the right to post for (NPC) a character if the player is holding things up. It might be worth noting that I'm in this for the long haul. I'm DMing two games. One of which has been running for over a year. I've been DMing here and there for less time -- but, barring a change in life circumstances, my intention is to stick with both of them.

House Rules I'm using a few house rules, most significantly a wound rule that can be invoked at a players option to trade off a large number of hit points for a smaller number of hit points and a hard to shake wound. See the House Rules thread on the forum for details.

Deadline Submissions will close on Jan 1st at 12:00 noon EDT. Character selected will be announced shortly thereafter.

Feel free to post interest and any questions here on the recruiting thread but also check out the Recruiting Discussion thread. The formal application goes in the Recruiting Applications thread.

Please only write in forum threads prefixed with "Recruiting" until such a time as you have been accepted to the game.

Good Luck.

-Orrin

Game Description:

Here and There is (currently) a dungeon delve style game. The current crop of PCs are from a high-tech high-fantasy world and are exploring a stone and brick tower owned by the international Intellimotion Corp. The tower is infested with the reanimated remains of some sort of lizard race. The players are racing to the top of the tower to destroy a "generator" that is letting the undead through into this world.

The game may take some twists and turns from there.

This game was originally started by Eaglewing and I was asked by the current players to step up as a replacement DM.

Last edited by Orrin; Dec 16 '09 at 8:26pm..
I don't know Orrin, do I dare subject you to yet another of my Characters. Aw heck why not?

Ok, I am posting interest, but I need to preface by saying I might have to pull out my app depending on how man acceptances I get between now and Jan 1. I don't want to overload myself and be unable to pay the appropriate attention to each game.

Now, what to play????? You need a leader and a Defender huh? I'll give it some thought and get back with you.

Are all the characters in the Cast of Characters Thread still active in the game?

Drakos, I think I can find it in me to read another background tome. I'm looking forward to it in fact.

Mikeloop86, Thanks for indicating interest. The apps go over in the recruiting applications thread, so there isn't much point to getting a placeholder in here.

-Orrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrin View Post
Drakos, I think I can find it in me to read another background tome. I'm looking forward to it in fact.
I'm only allowed a single Tome, I was thinking a multi book series this time . (joking, no really this time I'll keep it off)

I think I'll build some sort of warden or barbarian for this, as a defender or striker/leader...

I'm posting interest in creating an Eladrin (shielding) swordmage...my character application won't be started until after next week or so, however, due to exams .

Flint Beorn's-get, Dwarf Warden (Lifeblood)
Init +1 HP 37/37 Bloodied 18 Healing Surge 9 (0 used /10)
AC 17 Fort 15 Reflex 11 Will 16 Speed 5
Str 17 (+4) Con 13 (+2) Dex 10 (+1) Int 8 (+0) Wis 18 (+5) Cha 10 (+1)
Warden's Fury
At-Will ✦ Primal, Weapon
Immediate Interrupt Melee weapon
Trigger: An enemy marked by you makes an attack that
does not include you as a target
Target: The triggering enemy
Attack: Strength vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage, and the target
grants combat advantage to you and your allies until the
end of your next turn.
Warden's Fury,
Warden's Grasp
At-Will ✦ Primal
Immediate Reaction Close burst 5
Trigger: An enemy marked by you that is within 5 squares of
you makes an attack that does not include you as a target
Target: The triggering enemy in burst
Effect: You slide the target 1 square. The target is slowed
and cannot shift until the end of its turn.
Warden's Grasp,
Resilience of Life
At-Will + Primal, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage, and an ally ad-
jacent to you gains temporary hit points equal to your
Wisdom modifler.
Resilience of Life,
Tempest Assault
At-Will + Lightning, Primal, Thunder, Weapon
Target: One crcature
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier lightning damage, and one
enemy within 2 squares of you that is marked by you,
other than the target, takes thunder damage equal to
your Constitution modifier.
Tempest Assault,
Rending Fury
Encounter + Primal, Weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC. Make the attack roll twice and use
either result.
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage. Until the end of
your next turn, the target takes a -1 penalty to attack
rolls for attacks that don't include you as a target. If both
of your attack rolls would hit, the penalty equals -5.
Rending Fury,
Form of the Winter's Herald
Daily ✦ Cold, Polymorph, Primal
Minor Action Personal
Effect: You assume the guardian form of winter’s herald
until the end of the encounter. While you are in this
form, you gain a +1 bonus to AC and resist 5 cold. In
addition, each square within 2 squares of you, wherever
you move, is difficult terrain for your enemies.
Once during this encounter, you can make the follow-
ing weapon attack while you are in this form.
Standard Action Close burst 1
Target: Each enemy in burst
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier cold damage, and the target
is immobilized (save ends).
Miss: Half damage, and the target is immobilized until the
end of your next turn.
Form of the Winter's Herald,
Erupting Font
Encounter + Primal
No Action Close burst 5
Trigger: You succeed on the saving throw granted by your
Font of Life class feature
Target: Each enemy in burst
Effect: You mark each target until the end of your next
tum.
Erupting Font,
Guardian's Brand
Critical: +1d6 fire damage, or +1d10 fire damage while
you're in a guardian form
Power (Daily + Fire): Free Action. Trigger: You hit an en-
emy with your warden's fury power using this weapon.
Effect: That enemy takes ongoing fire damage equal to 5
+ your Strength modifier.
Guardian's Brand
Notes

Build Notes :
Main benefits:
1)Mark-ity mark, and fairly decent at killing off minions.
2)Minor Action Second wind grants someone else a healing surge and a saving throw, and second person a saving throw.

Flavor Question:
Wondering if I can change Warden's Brand to deal non-fire damage; lightning, acid or thunder would work better, fire doesn't generally fit the theme