Old Dec 22 '09, 12:43am
Great Wyrm

Refilling: Here and There

Here and There - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 4e
Ad Closes: Jan 1 '09
Estimated Members Requested: 4

Here and There

Here and There is (currently) a dungeon delve style game. The PCs are from a high-tech high-fantasy world and are exploring a stone and brick tower owned by the international Intellimotion Corp. The tower is infested with the reanimated remains of some sort of lizard race. The players are racing to the top of the tower to destroy a "generator" that is letting the undead through into this world.

The game may take some twists and turns from there. The high tech part will fade out.

This game was originally started by Eaglewing and I was asked by the current players to step up as a replacement DM.

Desired characters The party needs a defender and a leader -- would be willing to consider up to two additional wildcard characters of any role.

Character submission guidelines DND 4e characters generated using 22 pt buy (any of the PHB methods). Advance them to 2nd level, give them one magic item of level 1-3, 100 gold pieces for mundane equipment. Any of the standard races and classes are acceptable. That means published books (with the exception of the Dragon Annual). Monster races and play test material may be accepted, ask in the discussion thread. Select a background benefit as per the PHB2.

Application should include A link to a fully populated Myth-Weavers character sheet. The characters stat block. A brief background and history of the character, a description of the characters personality, mannerisms, and appearance. Please arrange, as seems to be the style here on myth-weavers, for the stat block to color-code or otherwise designate your at-will, encounter, daily, and item powers.

Selection Criteria I'm looking for fun character concepts and solid writing skills. I may also look at your posting history here on myth-weavers.

Game Pace I'd like players who can post if not every day then every couple of days. PbP is a marathon not a sprint. Real life is understood to take precedent over game play (and does for me as well) so occasional delays are no problem. When you can please let me know ahead of time (there is a thread for this purpose in the game forum). I reserve the right to post for (NPC) a character if the player is holding things up. It might be worth noting that I'm in this for the long haul. I'm DMing two games. One of which has been running for over a year. I've been DMing here and there for less time -- but, barring a change in life circumstances, my intention is to stick with both of them.

House Rules I'm using a few house rules, most significantly a wound rule that can be invoked at a players option to trade off a large number of hit points for a smaller number of hit points and a hard to shake wound. See the House Rules thread on the forum for details.

Deadline Submissions will close on Jan 1st at 12:00 noon EDT. Character selected will be announced shortly thereafter.

Feel free to post interest and any questions here on the recruiting thread but also check out the Recruiting Discussion thread. The formal application goes in the Recruiting Applications thread. This is the second time this game ad has been posted for this single recruiting session. The previous thread was unexpectedly closed.

Current index to the app thread
Ghor El Mk 1, arco-technical nanite-infused cyborg (dragonborn Hybrid Paladin/Cleric) by mikeloop86

Flint Beorn's-get, Dwarven Lifesblood Warden by Joeluma

Thurin, Dwarf Shaman by DnDrake

Ganthor-Nor, Deva Swordmage by Drokos (not yet complete)

Please only write in forum threads prefixed with "Recruiting" until such a time as you have been accepted to the game.

Good Luck.

-Orrin

Game Description:

Here and There is (currently) a dungeon delve style game. The current crop of PCs are from a high-tech high-fantasy world and are exploring a stone and brick tower owned by the international Intellimotion Corp. The tower is infested with the reanimated remains of some sort of lizard race. The players are racing to the top of the tower to destroy a "generator" that is letting the undead through into this world.

The game may take some twists and turns from there.

This game was originally started by Eaglewing and I was asked by the current players to step up as a replacement DM.

Last edited by Orrin; Dec 22 '09 at 5:12pm..
If we posted interes in the other thread do you want us to repost here?

Drakos,

Thanks for asking .. the key thing is the application thread. You might want to drop me a note either here or the discussion thread when you get your app done so that I can go read it.

Happy Holidays.

-Orrin

Orrin, mind if I do a rehaul of the character I submitted on the 'crashed' first sheet? Story wise, I'm just not getting anything from the tiefling warlord. Nothing interesting, anyway.

However, a tiefling bard? That's another story! I'm getting several ideas and would like to rethink the leader, if I may be so bold!

Hammerfist,

No problem! Till the end of the app period you may revise your character. It is surely better to go with something that gets the creative juices going.

-Orrin

All right! Here is the initial sheet. The story is to come, but it will be better than my first idea. Also, I plan on having this guy write his own songs. That's half the fun of being a bard .

Victor, Tiefling Bard
Init +3 HP 31/31 Bloodied 15 Healing Surge 7 (0 used /9)
AC 18 Fort 13 Reflex 16 Will 16 Speed 6
Str 8 (+0) Con 15 (+3) Dex 11 (+1) Int 16 (+4) Wis 10 (+1) Cha 18 (+5)
Infernal Wrath
Encounter
Minor Action, Personal
Effect: You can channel your fury to gain a +1 power bonus to your next attack roll against an enemy that hit you since your last turn. If your attack hits and deals damage, add your +4 CHA mod to that damage.
Infernal Wrath ,
Majestic Word
Encounter (Special)/Arcane, Healing
Minor Action, Close burst 5
Target: You or ally in burst
Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain additional HP equal to your +4 CHA modifier and +4 Temp HP. You also slide the target 1 square.
Majestic Word ,
Misdirected Mark
At Will/Arcane, Implement
Standard Action, Ranged 10
Target: one creature
CHA vs REF
Hit: 1d8+5 CHA mod/enh damage, and the target is marked by an ally within 5 squares of you until the end of your next turn.
Misdirected Mark ,
Vicious Mockery
At Will/Arcane, Charm, Implement, Psychic
Target: One Creature
CHA vs WILL
1d6+6 CHA mod/enh psychic damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.
Vicious Mockery ,
Focused Sound
Encounter + Arcane, Implement, Thunder
Standard Action Ranged 10
Target: One creature
Attack: Charisma vs. Reflex
Hit: 1dl0 + Charisma modifier thunder damage. Until the end of your next turn, any attack against the target can score a critical hit on a roll of 18-20.
Focused Sound,
Stirring Shout
Daily/Arcane, Healing, Implement, Psychic
CHA vs WILL
2d6+6 CHA/enh mod psychic damage
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, whenever an ally hits the target, that ally regains HP equal to your +4 CHA modifier.
Stirring Shout ,
Canon of Avoidance
Daily. Arcane
Target: One ally
Effect: The target gains a +2 power bonus to all defenses until the end of your next turn.
Sustain Minor: The effect persists. When you sustain the effect, you can transfer it to another ally within 10 squares of you.
Canon of Avoidance ,
Words of Friendship
Encounter/Arcane
Minor Action, Personal
Effect: You gain a +5 power bonus to the next Diplomacy check you make before the end of your next turn.
Words of Friendship ,
Eyebite (item)
Encounter/Arcane, Charm, Implement, Psychic
CHA vs WILL
1d6+6 CHA/Imp/feat mod psychic damage, and you are invisible to the target until the end of your next turn.
Eyebite (item) ,
Wand of Psychic Reaving(item)
Implement (Wand)
Enhancement: Attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +1d8 psychic damage per plus
Property: Gain a +1 item bonus to damage rolls when you use this wand to attack with a power that has the implement and psychic keywords.
Power (Encounter ✦ Arcane, Charm, Implement,
Psychic): Standard Action. As the warlock’s eyebite power
(PH 132).
Wand of Psychic Reaving(item)
Notes Racial:

+1 vs bloodied foes

Resist fire of 6

Class:
Virtue of Cunning: Once per round, when an enemy attack misses an ally within 8 squares (5+3 INT mod), you can slide that ally 1 square as a free action.

Improved Majestic Word: Ally also gains +4 TEMP HP (CHA mod) from MW