Traveller anyone?

Old Dec 24 '09, 2:44am
Great Wyrm

Traveller anyone?

A Little Bit of This - Forum
Miscellaneous
Ad Closes: Jan 15 '10
Estimated Members Requested: 6

Player acceptance will end on January 15th or sooner, depending on how quickly people express interest. I suggest a group of roughly six players for this game, but will begin the game with as few as four or as many as eight or so.

Game Description:

This is a Traveller game using the 2008 Mongoose Publishing (d6-based) Traveller system. This system is a polished version of the original Traveller / Megatraveller system devised by Marc Miller way back when. If you enjoyed that then, you'll love this now.

The game will begin shortly after the conclusion of the Fifth Frontier War in the Spiward Marches, early in year 1111. The specific theme of the game will be determined in part by the composition of the PCs involved, but presumably will involve the operation of a small merchant vessel with the interjection of various planet-based activities.

All PCs will be created from the rules found in the Core Rulebook only, and all will be Human. Character generation will be performed in the game threads when requested, and will be a joint effort by all participants as the rules provide for opportunities to work together during character creation.

Please post a note here to state whether you are interested even if you have expressed interest in this game in the Planning thread. If there are any questions about the game in general, please also post these here. Details can be discussed in the game forum later.

I added both Hardwire and Dean already, and will invite Hyregoth in a moment. It looks like we'll have plenty of interest.

EDIT: OK, invited Hyregoth and Boar (who was the one looking for the game to begin with)... so that makes four potential players so far.

Application / invitation status for the Traveller game:

Three (Boar, Hyregoth, Daeron Alcarin) have joined the game; five others (Blackrazor, galenbd, kbrn62, Hardwire, Dean) all have been invited to join. This makes eight potential players, which is about the maximum I would like to have.

If there is any additional interest, please email me and I can work with others in character creation if they wish to hold a stand-by slot. I will add players if the total number of active players drops to six or fewer.

Looks like the ad closed early. If anyone else is interested, please let me know...either here or by private message. I have invited several individuals who may or may not choose to join the game, and it would be good to find out if there is any other potential interest.

We are looking to start the game either mid-Jan or mid-Feb, depending on when characters are completed. Character creation (at least for the initial characters) will be a collective effort.

Yep... thread closed early again.

Anyone interested in following along? Free reader spots available