Refilling: Here and There

Old Dec 27 '09, 4:14pm
Great Wyrm

Refilling: Here and There

Here and There - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 4e
Estimated Members Requested: 4

Here and There

Here and There is (currently) a dungeon delve style game. The PCs are from a high-tech high-fantasy world and are exploring a stone and brick tower owned by the international Intellimotion Corp. The tower is infested with the reanimated remains of some sort of lizard race. The players are racing to the top of the tower to destroy a "generator" that is letting the undead through into this world.

The game may take some twists and turns from there. The high tech part will fade out.

This game was originally started by Eaglewing and I was asked by the current players to step up as a replacement DM.

Desired characters The party needs a defender and a leader -- would be willing to consider up to two additional wildcard characters of any role.

Character submission guidelines DND 4e characters generated using 22 pt buy (any of the PHB methods). Advance them to 2nd level, give them one magic item of level 1-3, 100 gold pieces for mundane equipment. Any of the standard races and classes are acceptable. That means published books (with the exception of the Dragon Annual). Monster races and play test material may be accepted, ask in the discussion thread. Select a background benefit as per the PHB2.

Application should include A link to a fully populated Myth-Weavers character sheet. The characters stat block. A brief background and history of the character, a description of the characters personality, mannerisms, and appearance. Please arrange, as seems to be the style here on myth-weavers, for the stat block to color-code or otherwise designate your at-will, encounter, daily, and item powers.

Selection Criteria I'm looking for fun character concepts and solid writing skills. I may also look at your posting history here on myth-weavers.

Game Pace I'd like players who can post if not every day then every couple of days. PbP is a marathon not a sprint. Real life is understood to take precedent over game play (and does for me as well) so occasional delays are no problem. When you can please let me know ahead of time (there is a thread for this purpose in the game forum). I reserve the right to post for (NPC) a character if the player is holding things up. It might be worth noting that I'm in this for the long haul. I'm DMing two games. One of which has been running for over a year. I've been DMing here and there for less time -- but, barring a change in life circumstances, my intention is to stick with both of them.

House Rules I'm using a few house rules, most significantly a wound rule that can be invoked at a players option to trade off a large number of hit points for a smaller number of hit points and a hard to shake wound. See the House Rules thread on the forum for details.

Deadline Submissions will close on Jan 1st at 12:00 noon EDT. Character selected will be announced shortly thereafter.

Feel free to post interest and any questions here on the recruiting thread but also check out the Recruiting Discussion thread. The formal application goes in the Recruiting Applications thread. This is the second time this game ad has been posted for this single recruiting session. The previous thread was unexpectedly closed, as was the second previous thread and the third previous thread (this is getting old).

Please only write in forum threads prefixed with "Recruiting" until such a time as you have been accepted to the game.

Good Luck.

-Orrin

Game Description:

Here and There is (currently) a dungeon delve style game. The current crop of PCs are from a high-tech high-fantasy world and are exploring a stone and brick tower owned by the international Intellimotion Corp. The tower is infested with the reanimated remains of some sort of lizard race. The players are racing to the top of the tower to destroy a "generator" that is letting the undead through into this world.

The game may take some twists and turns from there.

This game was originally started by Eaglewing and I was asked by the current players to step up as a replacement DM.

Last edited by Orrin; Dec 27 '09 at 4:19pm..
Folks,

Here are the applications that are currently in the Apps thread. I want to congratulate all the current applicants, this is a really impressive set of characters.

AppsGhor El Mk 1, arco-technical nanite-infused cyborg (dragonborn Hybrid Paladin/Cleric) by mikeloop86

Flint Beorn's-get, Dwarven Lifesblood Warden by Joeluma

Thurin, Dwarf Shaman by DnDrake

Ganthor-Nor, Deva Swordmage by Drakos (not yet complete)

Victor, Tiefling Bard by Hammerfist

Allegro, Warforged Bard by The Boyce

Happy holidays to all.

-Orrin

Folks,

Posting is still open. Not sure why the myth-weavers system keeps closing the ad. The deadline is Jan 1st and applications are certainly accepted any time before the deadline.

-Orrin

Just wanted to open this long enough to say thanks to everyone who applied. I'll PM everyone and also post the results in the game threads.