Issue Eight Interlude II: Motya Cheykina

Mmm, there's nothing quite like vanilla ice cream with hot fudge, Motya thought as she savored her dessert and looked through the newspaper before coming across the article on the AEF and Avengers North.

Sitting forward she considered things carefully.

As it stood, she had precious little control over her powers, as indicated by her choice of attire: skin hugging unstable molecule tights underneath a skirt and t-shirt. The shirt and skirt were mostly so that she didn't feel naked as she walked around, or got too much attention on the street.

It would be very nice to have the option to wear normal clothes again. Not to mention how much it might help her in her career to not...change while trying to present a brief.

And maybe there was money to be had in the position, she could always use more money. It seemed that mutants weren't people's first choice when looking for a civil attourney.

She checked out the address for the headquarters and jotted it down before turning to finish her dessert, resisting the urge to chill it and prevent it from melting.

Hot fudge was still the best.

Eventually she finished and pulled out her purse to find money for payment as she approached the cash register, walking from their to the outside and some of the rows of taxis outside.

hope this isn't taking too much into my own hands.
continued

Motya's original plan to get a cab and ride to the AEF headquarters came to a stop as she neared the taxis and felt a now familiar tingle. I quick look told her that she hadn't changed too obviously, meaning her normal form had approached someone's ideal of it because somebody was having an especially strong daydream.

With a barely perceptible sigh, she turned on her heels and started walking down the street, walking right past the taxis as if she'd never intended to get a ride with them. Whatever minor changes had occurred, and she hadn't catalogued just what changed, they faded away eventually returning her to normal, or at least what she thought of as normal.

She continued walking toward the AEF headquarters, going over her concerns and the probable contract in her head.

she'll walk to the mansion unless you feel like having something else happening to her first.
okay

'Pops' Stevens bids Motya a good evening as she leaves the parlor, following her to the door to flip the sign reading 'Welcome' over to the side reading 'Closed'...

More to come.

...it seemed a little early for the place to close, but Motya was the last one in the place. Perhaps 'Pops' decided to knock off a bit early tonight. Motya couldn't blame him; the late afternoon was warmer than usual for this time of year - almost early summer-like - quite a difference from the chilling freak snowstorm that ripped across the state a few weeks back.

After a short walk lost in her thoughts, Motya finds herself outside avengers Tower...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
...it seemed a little early for the place to close, but Motya was the last one in the place. Perhaps 'Pops' decided to knock off a bit early tonight. Motya couldn't blame him; the late afternoon was warmer than usual for this time of year - almost early summer-like - quite a difference from the chilling freak snowstorm that ripped across the state a few weeks back.
that was a queue if ever there was one...oh well, not ret-conning, will deal with that later
doh

"That certainly doesn't make much business sense," she muttered to herself along her walk as she considered the ice cream shop closing. "A warm day like this people will want ice cream."

In any case, she now found herself in front of the
that looks like something I saw on Ghost Hunters ^_^
Avengers tower. Standing here now, she felt more than a little intimidated by the sheer enormity of what she was thinking about doing.

This was a lot bigger than simply interferring in situations that she stumbled across.

Still, it would be worth it to be able to go through life with her own face. Never mind the rare instances of extra limbs.

And she had power. That wasn't common yet, and, until it was, people like her were bound by civic duty toward tasks they might not otherwise choose. That, and if she was going to be an effective metahuman lawyer, having support from such a prestigious group would be invaluable.

She tried to come up with a few other reasons to push out the threat of death and dismemberment that came with a life of heroics, and gathering herself up, she walked toward the entrance and looked for a way to
intercom, doorbell, whatever it is, she's going to use it
announce her presence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrythlind View Post
that was a queue if ever there was one...oh well, not ret-conning, will deal with that later
Oh, I have a bunch of those little set ups all over the place - mostly just to introduce characters/situations that will come up later, so don't fret! Actually, one of the threads has a "Dangling Plotline" post where some of those are compiled for future reference.
GM's Note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrythlind View Post
She tried to come up with a few other reasons to push out the threat of death and dismemberment that came with a life of heroics, and gathering herself up, she walked toward the entrance and looked for a way to announce her presence.
Standing at the base of the somewhat intimidating Art Deco-styled tower, Motya takes a deep breath and hits a button next to the doorway. After a couple seconds, a cheerful female voice emanates from an unseen intercom speaker somewhere close by and asks "Good afternoon, may I help you?"

If you are interested...I would let you trade out the Law talent for the Law Enforcement talent. The Law Enforcement talent encompasses both the Law and Guns talents. Of course, you would have to incorporate at least some previous police training into your background to justify it. Of course, if you don't see any need for the Guns talent or don't want to incorporate police training into your background, that's fine too!
Yet Another GM Note.

Hmm, that might explain how she met her Detective contact and a few of her fighting skills. Though, I doubt she would have made the final cut given her Strength. Best I could see, she fudged past the entry examination and tried to hide her handicap through classes. So, she'd be a washout cadet, medical/physical limitations. Still, her focus as a lawyer is civil law rather than criminal law.
Note

"Yes, I was here to...how does one say this...I was looking to apply for a position," she said cautiously. "I'm not sure of what...procedure you use for this. I've never applied to be a superhero before."

She wondered what sort of image she presented on any security cameras. A thin woman in superhero tights under a simple skirt and t-shirt.

She even had a purse hanging from one shoulder, stabilized by her hand.

Most likely, Motya thought. I look like some sort of young housewife who doubles as a crazy superhero fan-girl.

"Please, come in. Someone will be with you in the main concourse in just a moment", the voice responds. After a few awkward seconds, a buzzer goes off, which Motya assumes is the door being unlocked. Pulling the door open and stepping inside, Motya finds a small reception area which leads out into a larger concourse.

As she enters the concourse, Motya hears the echoing sounds of approaching footsteps. Apparently, their owners must have already been in the concourse, as there were only a few footsteps to be heard before Motya met the "reception committee": a young, costumed male and an older woman in business attire carrying a folder of paperwork.

For the older woman, see: http://www.myth-weavers.com/attachme...7&d=1247018777

"Hello, Miss Cheykina", the woman says, slightly catching Motya off guard as she doesn't remember giving her name. "My name is Louise Mason. I'm the Avengers' secretary", she offers Motya a handshake.

"Hi! I'm Bob!", the overly-perky costumed male offers, extending his hand as well.

"I'm afraid the team chairpersons and liaisons are currently unavailable at the moment, but if you don't mind, I have forms you could fill out in the mean time and I can perhaps answer some of your questions about the team if you like..."

She shook the woman's hand and then turned towards the young man for a moment.

"Hello, uh, Bob," Motya said to the young-male somewhat hesitantly shaking his hand and turning back to the woman.

"Well I suppose I could ask about procedures, pay and the like," she said curiously. "But, umm, first: How do you have my name already?"