Old Jan 5 '10, 12:27am
wyrmling

Rerecurting for redemption

Redemption - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 5

Game Description

Applications forms and explanations of expectations

Let me say that first of all you will be playing characters that are seeking redemption for past crimes.

The game is going to be dedicated roleplay. Dice and battles will hardly be involved. You will have to prove to both god and mortal that you no longer are evil. That means that character development will be key too the game.

That being said you will be judged solely on the depth and quality of your history, personality, and past wrong doing.

One more thing to remember. You were originally evil that means at some point something happened to turn you good. I expect it to be something profound for the character no matter how how small it is. Again the better quality grant you a better shot at being accepted.

Applications will be put in the game forum.

Looking for two to four dedicated, creative people.

Name:

Alignment: Must be good

Race: I'm allowing monster classes. More on that below

Class: Starting level 5 standard gold. I'm doing gestalt to allow for monster classes. Intelligent monsters only. No dragons.

Physical description: Put as little or as much as you feel comfortable here. I'm not too concerned.

Personality: Creativity and depth are what will get you in. I don't expect two pages, but I do expect to see a well thought out character. After all the game is going revolve around the character's spiritual journey.

History: Same as above only I expect some kind of momentous event to change your character from evil to good. Such a pronounced change doesn't come without a life changing event.

Sins: Creativity is really encouraged here. I'm not looking for one or two word sins I'm looking for three or four defining sins.
While I certainly wouldn't mind sins revolving around the Christian sins I'd like to see creativity.

Example: Sierra the dread necromancer- Instead of saying raising the dead and slaying good aligned people I'd like: Because of the loss of her sister she has turned to necromancy to revive her sister. In that process she has raised a number of undead using black arts in a misguided attempt to raise her sister from the dead and take vengeance on the man that ruthlessly killed her sister. Due to the practice of necromancy several clerics and a paladin have been sent to subdue her. Using her powers as well as her ability to portray herself as something less threatening. She has slain those whom seek to bring her to justice.

Again creativity is encouraged but it needs to fit the person.

Crunch

Finally we get to the crunch.

Roll in forum: 5d6v2r1 Don't worry about stats too much as the focus won't be on fighting.

HP: Max as I don't want you to die from an errant hit..

Books: Any save setting books like sandstorm or Faerun.

Anything I missed feel free to ask.

Game Description:

For whatever reason you have seen the light from the deepest depths of the inky blackness. Now with the help of those whom can see past flesh you seek redemption in the eyes of mortals and gods alike. Whatever the reason you decided to seek the light in your heart it will be a difficult journey into the depths of the soul. One that most could not make.

Temptation lies everywhere and enemies that want to drag your soul down to the dark abyss are many. Still you walk the twisting and narrow path towards the light, knowing that your greatest enemy isn't one you can ever escape. It's the bloodlust that aches on your weapon, the deceit that lays on the back of the tongue, it's plots that form in the back of your mind.

You have changed for the better, yet can you prove that the change is permanent. Yet are you truly changed or will the shadows of your past swallow your soul once more?

Hrm sounds interesting, gives a reason to actually qualify for pyrokinetist or similar class.

Would I be able to play a vegetarian troll. I was thinking Troll who was held captured by a wizard and then kind of taught how to be good possibly. The troll knew no other life but killing and now is trying to live peacefuly. I was thinking like he wont attack anyone unless he himself is attacked. I have always wanted to try this type of character but never have been able to play it in a game. The game sounds interesting boss.
-Shane

Oh I forgot to add. Could I make a N-E rogue and have my profound change happen in game. Or maybe have an evil character who is fooling everyone into thinking he is good?
-Shane

This sounds veeeery interesting. If I can break through my current creative block, I'm going to apply! Actually, I have a character I could dust off. I'll see what I can do over the next few days... is there a deadline for apps?

Intrested with an Undead Character, is Libris Mortis Allowed?

I absolutely love redemption games, I would love to apply for this one...now I just need to get together a concept...a race...a list of wrong-and-right doings, etc...

Actually, I have an interesting concept you might appreciate. Let me know if this is along the lines of what you were thinking: A redcap, foulest of the fey, killed his own elder (usually impossible, but he convinced three or four others to 'help' him. They all died, the elder died, he survived). He then did the forbidden...he dipped his cap in the blood of the elder. Since then, the dreams, the images, the strange feelings, have come. He can no longer summon the familiar warmth of rage and hatred, he has a hollow, pain-like feeling in his gut, and he hears these strange whispers telling him to do the most crazy things...

Sound good for a concept? He would have 5 levels of barbarian, and I would have to come up with a level progression for the ECL 8 redcap.

Daedulus: No dungeonscape. Then again it won't matter too much.

Madhatter: No on the evil alignment. You're being scrutinized by the gods. They know. As for vegetarian troll go for it.

Allucard: Libris mortis is allowed. In fact there's already a half vampire in the storyline.

Jaruen: Interesting idea. With Gestalt though the redcap would be broken down into class levels one side going to monster levels the other side going for class levels.

Would you allow a Hellbred Paladin from Fiendish Codex 2?