Old Feb 11 '10, 3:29am
Verb

Create your own homeland in The Elven Empire

The Elven Empire - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Ad Closes: Feb 24 '10
Estimated Members Requested: 5

Updated: Feb 14

I've got six players for now, but if anybody drops out it would be good to have a backup or two. If anybody still wants to take part in this game, write up a short background for me to consider and I'll let you know if you'll be needed.

Game Description:

The campaign will be set in Il'rendar/Rurth (see above).

It will be a mature game with adult themes meaning socio-political conflict and some violence and such.

Please post at least twice a week if not every day. I don't want posts that are TOO LONG as well. Frequency and quality above quantity. If all you have to say is one line, though, do add some descriptive details to help move the story along, share some of your character's quirks and mannerisms, or go off about the way things are in your character's homeland.

Last edited by iamisandisnt; Feb 14 '10 at 4:50pm..
Sounds intriguing. Will our characters be the leaders of the lands we create, or just random schlub adventurers from there? Since you're allowing monsters, I guess it'll start at a fairly high ECL?

I have some ideas but some of the finer details, character levels, importance of our characters in our foreign land, how you want the nations written out, just clerical type details.

I was thinking almost greek mythology, rocky hills, small scattered islands riddled with shallow caves and volcanoes. But having more details to work with wouldn't hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDragon View Post
Sounds intriguing. Will our characters be the leaders of the lands we create, or just random schlub adventurers from there? Since you're allowing monsters, I guess it'll start at a fairly high ECL?
I'm not really allowing all monsters per se (definitely no tarrasque as PC) but minotaurs, centaurs, those kind of things are OK as long as you follow the rule book.

I'm thinking ECL somewhere between 5 and 10. I want to have you guys face some tough opposition but not be unstoppable right off the bat.

As far as leaders of your lands, you could very well choose to do so, although I would prefer any actual leaders to have come from much smaller communities. Consider your level and how you would size up compared to the strength of your home cities.

I'm not going to have the home countries in literal play unless the players want to take their characters that route, but there is no contest between player characters' home towns, so a tribal leader of a small band or a ruthless mercenary from a rich kingdom, are both fair and equivalent background choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atewi View Post
I have some ideas but some of the finer details, character levels, importance of our characters in our foreign land, how you want the nations written out, just clerical type details.
I'll keep this to applications only, so a short description (doesn't need to be as long as mine above, but if you feel like you have the content to fill a page, go ahead) of the nation, some idea of your character's role in society, and maybe a class or class combination will be enough to apply.

From there we can flesh out the details in a different thread. The Greek isles idea sounds good - feel free to play around with the traditional archetypes and come up with some quirky trait, maybe a completely conflicting one such as an oppressive regime bent on maintaining peace or a free country but devoid of philosophy... heh, get creative and let's see what we come up with.

This is intriguing me. I may have something in mind that isn't completely outlandish but has plenty of interesting offerings...

Alright, I'm working on a Grecian-Norse Mash-up. No idea for the character just yet though

I'm thinking something like a desert community that ekes out slightly beyond subsistence due to a combined
whatever you would call a cadre of druids and wizards holding the community basically hostage via water
mago/theocracy the character might be an acolyte or a slightly more experienced member of the
they control trade through the desert, by holding a few of the larger oases under their 'flag' they lead caravans through their lands, my character would be a part of this group, to foster familiarity with the non-desert world
cartel depending on where you want the ECL

Nadam Pitlitak is a denizen of Laska-al-Teila, a large trade hub within the Aresh desert, a massive desert ruled by the Su'kons'yi, a group of spellcasters who control the flow of that most precious of commodities within the desert, water. Laska-al-Telia sits upon the Altin nehiri, a trade road connecting the ports to the north of the desert with the more fertile lands to the south of the desert.

Nadam is a Bhuka, a member of a race of desert goblins who have long worked with the other races of the desert due to their innate water sensing abilities. He has lived in and around the city his entire life, after displaying an aptitude for bringing order to the forces of nature he was brought before the Su'kons'yi, and trained in the arts of druidery and after his apprenticeship ended he was allowed to wear the blue sash, a mark of honor depicting him as a new member of the organization. His skills in the desert have assisted more than one caravan through the shifting sands, marking him as a climber within the organization before the letter came by courier, requesting that the Su'kons'yi send a member of the group immediately to Rotgir or face the wrath of the red elves.

Nadam, long enthralled by the stories of caravaners of a world of water beyond the deep sands he's known his entire life eagerly volunteered to head out to the port city far to the north. Upon arrival at the sea, he was stunned! "How could so much water be in one place?" he wondered, and before he could be restrained he leapt towards the sea and attempted to drink of the sea, coughing and sputtering as he attempted to swallow the water, learning first hand of the salty seas.

I'm planning on using the Bhuka race and the desert druid variants from sandstorm if allowed, I'll probably clean it up more tommorow, it's quite late here. sorry
ooc