Ilde Banter

Good stuff on the Blurbs guys! Keep them coming.

I'm going to add some examples from the book I stole the idea from too.

Sorry for my delay, Saturday my GF's dog bit me in the face which resulted in 6 stitches and me being on pain meds. That plus work has kept me from posting at full capacity, so I'll get to work on my blurb and finish up my sheet asap.

Don't worry. Dog bites can be pretti nasti.

That'd said I'd like to get all the characters up this week so we can start with the Guest-Stars bits and Adventure Proper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHumanDynamo
Knowing it was their only chance to save the boy, Bartony joined him with the ancient relic armor, but the consequences unleashed a power long forgotten in Faerun.
Really? You went with Faerun? Sigh. I guess some place will be named it now, but this is NOT the Forgotten Realms. It'll be a city or something.

An unpleasant one that smells like bad fish.

I thought it was FR as that is the base setting for most 4E games these days. I can easily change that to whatever world you want to run though.

I don't actually have a name for the world yet, probably something I should come up with. But no it isnt Forgotten Realms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixgunninja View Post
this is NOT the Forgotten Realms. It'll be a city or something.

An unpleasant one that smells like bad fish.
Hahah. He's had it in for FR ever since I got him the Second Edition box set when we were kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foucault View Post
Hahah. He's had it in for FR ever since I got him the Second Edition box set when we were kids.
True story. Still have that piece of crap lying around somewhere. I was a very green DM at the time and had no idea what I was getting into and it didn't help that my PCs (Foucault included) decided they were too good for the Pre-Made Adventure included in the set and traipsed off in the opposite direction. The problem I have with Pre-Made Settings in general and FR in particular is that they feel so constrained, everywhere we go there is SOMETHING or SOMEONE that already exists that I'm supposed to know about and include. In my Eberron game I took my PCs to an uninhabited continent that gets maybe a page of text in the Campaign Setting to avoid this.

Its also where I learned to hate Drow and the Underdark and the first and last time I played a PC while DMing.

Urgh. Hate the FR? We gotta work on that.