Justice League: First Crisis

Old Feb 28 '10, 1:06am
Super Villian

Justice League: First Crisis

Justice League: First Crisis - Forum
Mutants and Masterminds
Estimated Members Requested: 1

Greetings

Do not be alarmed. I am merely contacting you via my telepathic powers. As it is I am also addressing six additional “superheroes,” as you seem to refer to yourselves, at this exact moment.

I am called J’onn J’onnz, last of the Martians.

I have chosen to contact you nine because I have foreseen a tremendous evil coming to this planet. I do not know what shape or form this evil will take, nor why you nine must be chosen, I only know that it must be you nine. I do not often have visions of the future, perhaps this is why I cannot say.

What I can say is that this evil cannot be beaten by any one hero alone. Therefore I propose an alliance, a sort of “League,” if you will. I understand if you are reluctant to forgo your independence, but it is my belief that together we can accomplish a great deal more than we can alone.

I shall allow you twenty-four hours to decide. If you choose to accept, simply say so aloud. Farewell for now.

GM's Note: Yes I'm back and decided to try to run this game again, after seeing interest for it on a couple other sites! Hope both new people and people from the first thread try and give this game a shot!

Game Description:

Explanation

This game is inspired by various properties owned by DC Comics, and the basic idea of the Earth’s greatest heroes assembling together to fight crime and save the world still holds. However, in this universe things have progressed a bit differently than in the original canon. The various superheroes have only just begun to emerge on the scene, and are still fairly wet behind the ears, so to speak. These rookie heroes will have to learn a lot about themselves and their abilities, and quickly, if they hope to stave off the great evil the Martian Manhunter has warned of. As a result no superhero has more than a couple of years worth of experience beneath his belt.

The game will be composed of a series of missions that will pit our team of nine heroes, guided by the Martian Manhunter, against various threats from across the DC Universe. Are these plots an unrelated series of coincidences, or part of something more sinister? And what exactly is the great evil on the horizon? Furthermore, who has made the Manhunter's list of chosen heroes? The typical Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman-centric ensemble of the standard canon? An off-beat team composed of the likes of The Question, Phantom Stranger, and the Spectre? Or something in between or even totally different?

Character Creation

For this game I will be using material out of the M+M core book and Ultimate power, as such you can as well (duh). You will playing the as the standard PP level 10 characters but with 165 points, as your fledgling heroes have had some experience in crime fighting. To keep up with the theme of this game though, you WILL have to play as established DC characters.

I will ask not you keep the original origin story at all though, just something that seems to fit the theme of that character. Tell me what he has been up since he started his Career as a caped crusader. What villains has he faced? Has he fought an Arch Enemy yet? Accidentally killed someone? Has he fallen in love? Gotten married even?

These choices are up to you. Hero applicants are chosen by merit as well as speed, if you can't deal with that you not mature enough to play this game. Sorry

Last edited by The Man in White; Feb 28 '10 at 1:07am..
Hmm, more of a marvel guy myself... So select a character from DC and build it with the MnM 2E rules then? Maybe a certain character will speak to me. ~Goes to contemplate and do some reading~

I am going to try and make one of my favorite guys from DC.Although he is not a super hero(Not really..he hates it.Preferes to instead live a peaceful quiet life lol)

Just one question when you said an established dc hero, with the traditions of heroes in switching mantles around and since we aren't keeping the origin story, can you actually just make somebody different but with one of the hero name? Example: let's say I want to make a green lantern, would I have to play as Hal Jordan, Patrick Stewart etc... or I can simply make a guy named John smith or whatever else for that matter but with the green lantern power ring and superhero name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
Just one question when you said an established dc hero, with the traditions of heroes in switching mantles around and since we aren't keeping the origin story, can you actually just make somebody different but with one of the hero name? Example: let's say I want to make a green lantern, would I have to play as Hal Jordan, Patrick Stewart etc... or I can simply make a guy named John smith or whatever else for that matter but with the green lantern power ring and superhero name?
Well you could make a John Smith a Green Lantern, but I don't know why. I said you only have to keep it int he original spirit of the character. Having a (semi if you want to) heroic Hal Jordan who uses power ring is enough for me. From there on you can shape the character however you want.

I see was just checking how much freedom we had on the character, well then I'll just make an amateur Alan Scott green lantern. I should have something up tomorrow.

I will go with Doctor Fate. All i really know about him is what is on Wikipedia so any help with figuring out just what powers he has, other than being a sorcerer, would be helpful.